will you fight? or give up your guns? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > will you fight? or give up your guns?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post

By the time legislation is passed to ban or confiscate privately owned firearms, our personal liberties regarding other aspects of our lives will have eroded to crisis levels. And I believe that is what DownSouth meant. If you rescind 2A then 1A, 3A, 4A etc are vulnerable to fall and may have fallen already. Nobody is prepared to die over a bad gun law when it could be overturned by peaceful legal means--such as the Clinton Assault Weapons Ban--but actual forced confiscation is a different story. By that time this country will be in a very desperate situation.
This is exactly what I was trying to convey. Thank you 7.62 x purtydamnsmart.

NEVER FORGET

Old 12-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #42

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Quote:
By the time legislation is passed to ban or confiscate privately owned firearms, our personal liberties regarding other aspects of our lives will have eroded to crisis levels. And I believe that is what DownSouth meant. If you rescind 2A then 1A, 3A, 4A etc are vulnerable to fall and may have fallen already. Nobody is prepared to die over a bad gun law when it could be overturned by peaceful legal means--such as the Clinton Assault Weapons Ban--but actual forced confiscation is a different story. By that time this country will be in a very desperate situation.
My point is, where does it say this will happen ANYWHERE in any of the current proposed bills on the table? Where does it say that our military will have instructions to come into my home looking for my guns??? Where? And please define your personal liberties being stripped away? Cmon guys....its irresponsible to begin rumors like that with no real basis because of the sensitive nature in our gun community. Its like a bunch of old women gossiping around the sewing circle. I believe in facts, not what-ifs

All I keep seeing is a lot of what-if scenarios. Thats a dangerous game to play....talk about assumption.

Until any of these wild theories get put into practice, I suggest everyone hang tight and dont go looking for a fight just yet.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
You have your right to your opinion. I've met Downsouth and his family. My life would be darker without him/them.

You? Give it up if you want. You're right on one count, many individuals will die, and honestly, Downsouth and I are neither exactly in fighting form. Give up your AR or AK. Then give up your semi auto pistols. Then your revolvers. Then your shotguns. Then your high power rifles. Then your .22. Then, when you or your children, or your grandchildren are living a life of servitude, remember you refused to die for a piece of wood and steel. When taxes exceed 60% of your income. When being treated as a subject instead of as a man becomes the norm, you be sure to remember that. Be sure to remember it. That piece if steel you refused to die for, when you realize you have no way to resist tyranny. Where will you decide to stand? When they want to take "sniper" rifles, such as every modern hunting rifle on the market capable of precision accuracy and mounting a scope?

No, freedom isn't a gun. Freedom is not allowing yourself to be enslaved. If you think you can accomplish that with pretty words and sentiment, go ahead. Giving up modern firearms is the same as tying one hand behind your back in a fistfight.

Me? Just roll me into the ranger grave I dug for myself next to Downsouth's fighting hole. Bury me under the brass I've spent. Pass my guns to my son, so that he can make his choice too when the time comes.

You need to look around man. Every gun ban has started out the same. Take away the "military grade assault weapons". Then the "sniper rifles". Then tactical assault style pistols. Then small concealable pistols.

Do yourself a favor, look at history. Then decide when and where you'll make your stand. If you refuse to stand, then you don't deserve your freedom.
It is people like this that make me very proud to be an American.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

People Like This 
Old 12-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #44

Liked 2490 Times on 1421 Posts
Likes Given: 1940

this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^,

OR we can start organizing, nationwide, into the

militia our founding father's intended us to be...

Old 12-10-2012, 08:53 PM   #45

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
It is people like this that make me very proud to be an American.
I'm an opinionated *******.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #46

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post

My point is, where does it say this will happen ANYWHERE in any of the current proposed bills on the table? Where does it say that our military will have instructions to come into my home looking for my guns??? Where? And please define your personal liberties being stripped away? Cmon guys....its irresponsible to begin rumors like that with no real basis because of the sensitive nature in our gun community. Its like a bunch of old women gossiping around the sewing circle. I believe in facts, not what-ifs

All I keep seeing is a lot of what-if scenarios. Thats a dangerous game to play....talk about assumption.

Until any of these wild theories get put into practice, I suggest everyone hang tight and dont go looking for a fight just yet.
http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/making-waves-hawaii-perspective-washington-politic/2012/dec/7/indefinite-detention-and-ndaa/

Is this your what if bill. This is now law.

NEVER FORGET

Old 12-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

I'm an opinionated *******.
Your a Patriot. Like many of us that refuse to stand by and watch a corrupt government take the liberties away from us that so many people have died to protect and preserve.

It is disrespectful to the people who have fought and died for our freedom not to stand together on this issue. The government in our country is trying to convince the People that we need the Government to Ban firearms so we can be protected. All the protection I need is never more than an arms length away.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:24 PM   #48
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

From what I saw, the NDAA is open-ended; I.E., it gives our illegal alien president the freedom to declare any person or group of people to be "enemies of the state". These people would then be "detained", including confiscation of their personal property (guns). So if it really gets that bad, IMHO a total civil war will result.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 982 Times on 628 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:

BINGO!!!! And just to be clear, I believe hi cap magazines for handguns would also be outlawed! If things made a turn where it became forced confiscation, we're already in a war zone and this is all irrelevant! As far as I'm concerned, I don't get the feeling anybody's looking for a fight, no sane person ever is! But if necessary the 2nd amendment exists so should the government overstep it's bounds, the people are required to take it back equalling the 2nd American Revolution/Civil War!

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Last edited by BigB; 12-10-2012 at 09:32 PM.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #50

Liked 1447 Times on 878 Posts
Likes Given: 337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
Your a Patriot. Like many of us that refuse to stand by and watch a corrupt government take the liberties away from us that so many people have died to protect and preserve.

It is disrespectful to the people who have fought and died for our freedom not to stand together on this issue. The government in our country is trying to convince the People that we need the Government to Ban firearms so we can be protected. All the protection I need is never more than an arms length away.
Squwak, please tell me what specific liberties have been taken from you, when they were taken, and by whom.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Closed Thread