Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > will you fight? or give up your guns?

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

You need to peek out from under your rock occasionally. NDAA, one single piece of legislation, all by itself, blows you're little happy world out of the water. If you refuse to recognize that, then you're just willingly deluding yourself, and I'll say again, you don't deserve your freedom.

It's not about "dying for a gun" as you seem to like putting it. I would never die for any item. Everything is replaceable, even under a ban. In fact, if they ban ALL guns, it'll probably actually be easier to get the REALLY cool stuff. It's about your freaking rights as a human being.

What will you allow before you take a stand? Why don't you look inside yourself and answer that one simple question before you drop one more little speck of your logic. What will you allow?

__________________
trip286 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Old 12-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
StainlessSteel215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 821
Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Default

Trip, I dont aim to disrespect or belittle....but I think there's a comfy medium between your dramatic End of Days scenario and my happy little world.

I dont live under a rock, I know full well about the UN Arms Treaty that was struck down this summer and the AWB thats looming above our heads somewhere in the minds of Congress. But, cmon man you have to admit...your last post about WHAT IF is incredibly dramatic. Those conditions simply would not happen on US soil. Period.

Honestly, I dont know what my stand would be......not until I saw a steady downward trend and firmly planted myself and refused to comply. Right now, all I see and hear is rumors about banning AR-15's and AK-47's. That AINT my stand......not even close. Like I said I have more important things in my life who depend on me.....that would be a selfish stupid sacrifice.

__________________
StainlessSteel215 is offline  
 
Old 12-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post

And I dont know what yoyu mean by "not in fighting condition" but if that somehow means you are overweight and relying on a piece of lead to save your life....start eating healthy and get yourself in shape! No excuse for laying down like that with nothing but a gun to protect you. That is the ultimate irony to me.....guys who are more concerned about their guns then their own health. Spending every last dollar they own on guns & ammo while eating fried crap with deadly levels of cholesterol and high blood pressure. They will die of a heart attack before a single bullet ever comes their direction!
And you might want to back off the judgmental bull **** buddy. Assume, and you make an ass of u. But no, I'm not up for protracted firefights and extensive maneuvering anymore. I'm actually in pretty good shape myself, but the fighting I've already done has damn near broken me. Should that mean I need to back down? Ha.

But, I don't think I'll be arguing with you anymore. It's pretty obvious where you stand, and arguments with your type only serve to piss me the **** off like you've already done. That tends to happen when to be when people decide to forgo intelligent conversion and go straight into personal character attacks.

Edit to add: glad to see you're at least thinking about looking in the mirror. Decide where you'll make you're stand. And if you think such things can't happen on our soil, I urge you, yet again, look at history. And if you think I'm willing to fight because I have nothing important to live for, nothing that I love enough to live for, maybe you need to think about the fact that what I really have are people and a way of life that I'm willing to fight and kill for, and gladly take the scars for, yet AGAIN.
__________________

Last edited by trip286; 12-10-2012 at 07:55 PM.
trip286 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Old 12-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #34
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jstrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 984
Liked 225 Times on 140 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215
Trip, I dont aim to disrespect or belittle....but I think there's a comfy medium between your dramatic End of Days scenario and my happy little world.

I dont live under a rock, I know full well about the UN Arms Treaty that was struck down this summer and the AWB thats looming above our heads somewhere in the minds of Congress. But, cmon man you have to admit...your last post about WHAT IF is incredibly dramatic. Those conditions simply would not happen on US soil. Period.

Honestly, I dont know what my stand would be......not until I saw a steady downward trend and firmly planted myself and refused to comply. Right now, all I see and hear is rumors about banning AR-15's and AK-47's. That AINT my stand......not even close. Like I said I have more important things in my life who depend on me.....that would be a selfish stupid sacrifice.
What is it that makes you believe that these scenarios of our rights being taken from us is absolutely,positively NOT possible? Just curious...

By the way the thing you say CANNOT happen on U.S. soil. Has already happened twice, and nearly one million men gave life or limb fighting for what they believe in between those two wars.

Do you not think men like that exist today?

Do you not think men that want to take those freedoms also exist today?
__________________
Jstrong is offline  
2
People Like This 
Old 12-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #35
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
StainlessSteel215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 821
Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Default

Didnt mean to hit a nerve....just trying to understand your reality Trip. Your "last stand" posts were pretty emotional and heavy. I dont know you, dont know your background or lifestyle...I was making a general statement because Ive met a LOT of gunnies that fit that exact mold over the years and its the ultimate hypocrisy to me.

Agree to disagree. I wont post in response to your comments anymore bub. Let the BP return to normal. Sorry. Nobody has all the answers to this scenario until it unfolds.....I just know I have WAY more important things to protect in my life and Im no good if I'm dead.....over an "assault weapon". And right now, thats all we have to go off.

EDIT**

Listen, I will not pretend that our gov has never lied to the peopel in the past....pshhhhh....Id be insane to think that. From 9-11 conspiracies, to our oil/mineral war in Afghanistan, to the Gulf of Tonkin/Vietnam incident that was proven to be a false reason to send US troops into Vietnam....they have done lots to lose my trust but the scenario Trip presented in that post, in my humble opinion, was just utterly blown up.

__________________

Last edited by StainlessSteel215; 12-10-2012 at 07:59 PM.
StainlessSteel215 is offline  
 
Old 12-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #36
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Read my edit, then go pick up a history book.

__________________
trip286 is offline  
7point62 Likes This 
Old 12-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #37
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
StainlessSteel215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 821
Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Default

I read it, I appreciate it and agree to an extent. Read mine. We are on the same page......just at EXTREME ends of the page. I'm always willing to read and learn more to make better decisions, I just think you should scale back a bit. When people stir up paranoia over what COULD happen is like murdering your pitbull because someday it COULD attack a young child...ya know?

__________________
StainlessSteel215 is offline  
 
Old 12-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #38
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Decisive Terrain
Posts: 2,030
Liked 1354 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
Darwinism will reign over quite a few on this forum.
I will live on, survive, and thrive no matter what kind of stupid ban big gov tries to implement down the road. Saying you will die fighting over a freakin gun is insane to me. Let me know how that works out for ya....maybe life isnt worth much to some out there.

I refuse to let my child grow up fatherless and explain to kids in school when she gets older that "well, I guess my life wasnt as important to him as his AR-15 rifle"

By the time legislation is passed to ban or confiscate privately owned firearms, our personal liberties regarding other aspects of our lives will have eroded to crisis levels. And I believe that is what DownSouth meant. If you rescind 2A then 1A, 3A, 4A etc are vulnerable to fall and may have fallen already. Nobody is prepared to die over a bad gun law when it could be overturned by peaceful legal means--such as the Clinton Assault Weapons Ban--but actual forced confiscation is a different story. By that time this country will be in a very desperate situation.
__________________
Marines, Infantry
145th Airlift Wing, NCANG
NRA Life


Stay smart, stay motivated, stay dangerous
7point62 is offline  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 12-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #39
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post

By the time legislation is passed to ban or confiscate privately owned firearms, our personal liberties regarding other aspects of our lives will have eroded to crisis levels. And I believe that is what DownSouth meant. If you rescind 2A then 1A, 3A, 4A etc are vulnerable to fall and may have fallen already. Nobody is prepared to die over a bad gun law when it could be overturned by peaceful legal means--such as the Clinton Assault Weapons Ban--but actual forced confiscation is a different story. By that time this country will be in a very desperate situation.
Said better than any argument in this thread. Bravo.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Old 12-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Squawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 865
Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215

Darwinism will reign over quite a few on this forum.
I will live on, survive, and thrive no matter what kind of stupid ban big gov tries to implement down the road. Saying you will die fighting over a freakin gun is insane to me. Let me know how that works out for ya....maybe life isnt worth much to some out there.

I refuse to let my child grow up fatherless and explain to kids in school when she gets older that "well, I guess my life wasnt as important to him as his AR-15 rifle"
I don't have any kids. I believe in The Constitution. I am a Patriot. This country was founded on those principles. It what makes us different than other countries. You have to believe in something. If you do, then you fight for it. I respect your decision because of your kids. You can explain to him that throughout history, people like me were willing to die to preserve the rights that this country was founded upon.

While others cower in there basements.
__________________

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Squawk is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
support Obama enough to give up your guns? mountainman13 Politics, Religion and Controversy 30 09-10-2012 05:59 PM
Girls n guns ak give away/final round is here sharkcoasttactical Sponsor Display 0 03-09-2012 02:44 PM
Girls n guns ak-47 give away shark coast sharkcoasttactical Sponsor Display 0 01-19-2012 02:21 AM
Do you give your guns names? winds-of-change The Club House 36 08-16-2011 03:14 PM