Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > will you fight? or give up your guns?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 06:22 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

I will NOT die over a firearm....leaving behind a widow and child. Never. My life as a husband, a father, an uncle, a godfather, a nephew, and a son isnt worth a piece of steel.

If the AWB is the first up to go (which I highly doubt anytime soon) I will go along with it. But the odds of a national gun grab just arent likely or practical. Banning NEW sales is about as far as I think they could extend it....but these measures will all take time, and votes. Right now nobody wants to touch this issue which is good. I think eventually the anti-gunners in Congress will realize with proper data supplied that gun control DOES NOT reduce crime....in fact its the opposite.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #22

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
I will NOT die over a firearm....leaving behind a widow and child. Never. My life as a husband, a father, an uncle, a godfather, a nephew, and a son isnt worth a piece of steel.

If the AWB is the first up to go (which I highly doubt anytime soon) I will go along with it. But the odds of a national gun grab just arent likely or practical. Banning NEW sales is about as far as I think they could extend it....but these measures will all take time, and votes. Right now nobody wants to touch this issue which is good. I think eventually the anti-gunners in Congress will realize with proper data supplied that gun control DOES NOT reduce crime....in fact its the opposite.
It would not be the firearm you would be dying for, it would be against tyranny and the love of freedom. It just isn't as simple as dying for a gun.

NEVER FORGET

People Like This 
Old 12-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #23

Lets not get too carried away. I personally do not define my freedom from tyrannical oppression as NOT being able to purchase an AR-15 or AK-47. That would suck....but not worth laying down on the tracks for!

Your avatar tells me a lot about you. You are welcoming a fight, a fight that you would almost certainly lose when it comes down to brass tacks in a gun grab scenario. Maybe you dont have as much to lose as I do.....but I put my child and family above ANYTHING else. I will not die over a gun, period.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #24

Liked 20 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyno13
The President nor the U.N. have no power to void the constitution. Quit believing in these conspiracies. Reid V. Covert states “A treaty cannot change the Constitution or be held valid if it be in violation of that document.” – Foster & Elam v. Neilson, (1826) 27 U.S. (2 Pet) 253.

“It would be manifestly contrary to the objectives of those who created the Constitution, let alone alien to our Constitutional history and tradition to construe Article VI (the Supremacy Clause) as permitting the United States to exercise power under an international agreement, without observing Constitutional prohibitions.  In effect such construction would permit amendment of that document in a manner not sanctioned by Article V.” – Reid v. Covert, (1957), 354 U.S. 1

“The prohibitions of the Constitution were designed to apply to all branches of the National Government, and they cannot be nullified by the Executive, or by the Executive and the Senate combined.” –Reid v. Covert, (supra)

“An unconstitutional act is not law; it confers no rights; it imposes no duties; affords no protection; it creates no office; it is in legal contemplation as though it had never been passed.” – Norton v. Shelby County, 118 U.S. 425
What constitution are you talking about
According to the White House there is no such a thing and When did it stop. Them from forcing there ideology on to us
They don't care and will do what ever it takes all in the name of greater good
Just look at there latest attempt for trying to bypass congress on the debt ceiling and mark my words they will fined a way to do it

Old 12-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #25
62 gr Fusion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 190 Times on 127 Posts

I know I'll die trying but that is exactly what I would do if someone from the government tried to take my guns. Hopefully, I'd take one or two with me.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #26

Liked 309 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Hope you're right Rhyno. The SCOTUS is a different animal that it was in 1957 and is likely to change, (for the worse), even more in the next four years. It's possible they could take a literal reading of the Supremacy Clause and come to a very different conclusion, ( "Says so right there. A ratified treaty becomes the law of the land."). I believe there are many in D.C. who think that's exactly what it means. We'll see when the U.N. Gun Ban rears it's ugly head next year.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:20 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
I know I'll die trying but that is exactly what I would do if someone from the government tried to take my guns. Hopefully, I'd take one or two with me.
Darwinism will reign over quite a few on this forum.
I will live on, survive, and thrive no matter what kind of stupid ban big gov tries to implement down the road. Saying you will die fighting over a freakin gun is insane to me. Let me know how that works out for ya....maybe life isnt worth much to some out there.

I refuse to let my child grow up fatherless and explain to kids in school when she gets older that "well, I guess my life wasnt as important to him as his AR-15 rifle"

Old 12-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #28

Liked 77 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 19

If you have streaming Netflix watch the documentary "farmageddon" it shows how these very real circumstances are in effect now but by the USDA infringing on local farmers. Big business sinks more and more into our government and slowly they find ways to limit our nations citizens. It really is an eye opener. That's just government stepping in to tell us about our food. Imagine what happens when there's a stink about our guns.

If you've got one foot in yesterday, and the other in tomorrow, than you're pissing on today.
-unknown-

Old 12-10-2012, 07:23 PM   #29

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

You have your right to your opinion. I've met Downsouth and his family. My life would be darker without him/them.

You? Give it up if you want. You're right on one count, many individuals will die, and honestly, Downsouth and I are neither exactly in fighting form. Give up your AR or AK. Then give up your semi auto pistols. Then your revolvers. Then your shotguns. Then your high power rifles. Then your .22. Then, when you or your children, or your grandchildren are living a life of servitude, remember you refused to die for a piece of wood and steel. When taxes exceed 60% of your income. When being treated as a subject instead of as a man becomes the norm, you be sure to remember that. Be sure to remember it. That piece if steel you refused to die for, when you realize you have no way to resist tyranny. Where will you decide to stand? When they want to take "sniper" rifles, such as every modern hunting rifle on the market capable of precision accuracy and mounting a scope?

No, freedom isn't a gun. Freedom is not allowing yourself to be enslaved. If you think you can accomplish that with pretty words and sentiment, go ahead. Giving up modern firearms is the same as tying one hand behind your back in a fistfight.

Me? Just roll me into the ranger grave I dug for myself next to Downsouth's fighting hole. Bury me under the brass I've spent. Pass my guns to my son, so that he can make his choice too when the time comes.

You need to look around man. Every gun ban has started out the same. Take away the "military grade assault weapons". Then the "sniper rifles". Then tactical assault style pistols. Then small concealable pistols.

Do yourself a favor, look at history. Then decide when and where you'll make your stand. If you refuse to stand, then you don't deserve your freedom.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #30

Trip that was very poetic and filled with emotion......but again...I think some of you are getting just a LITTLE carried away. I will not live in a world like that, ever. And its near impossible that level of oppression could EVER happen on US soil.

But deciding to face an oppressive gov and possibly be killed over what they consider an assault weapon aint my stand. This aint Syria guys, our leader is not shelling innocent civilians and rebels for trying to overthrow their autonomy. Our gov is not out to get us. In fact we are the FURTHEST thing from that scenario. The paranoia level with some out there is unbelievable.

Baby steps fellas, baby steps.

And I dont know what yoyu mean by "not in fighting condition" but if that somehow means you are overweight and relying on a piece of lead to save your life....start eating healthy and get yourself in shape! No excuse for laying down like that with nothing but a gun to protect you. That is the ultimate irony to me.....guys who are more concerned about their guns then their own health. Spending every last dollar they own on guns & ammo while eating fried crap with deadly levels of cholesterol and high blood pressure. They will die of a heart attack before a single bullet ever comes their direction!

Last edited by StainlessSteel215; 12-10-2012 at 07:32 PM.

Closed Thread