Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   will you fight? or give up your guns? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/will-you-fight-give-up-your-guns-78131/)

gaspump86 12-10-2012 02:45 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2olhfn_0d4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I hope I never face this.
If the UN or US troops start disarmament procedures.....will you fight or give up your weapons??

Scenario :
-your at home. You know the SHTF already... you are armed. your either about to bug out or in. You look out the window after hearing something and see a fireteam stacking up on your front door.

What are you going to do???
Just curious.

My answer:
If it happened right now. I would give up the ones registered to me.
My carbine was bought used and is not linked to me...
I would have to hide it. Right this second..... id be screwed.

rjd3282 12-10-2012 03:04 AM

If US troops show up they are traitors and violating their oath to protect the constitution. Not mention violating US laws forbidding using the army against it's citizens.

therewolf 12-10-2012 12:26 PM

"a well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,

the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"...

Now, if we were organized into these militias, we'd have the

security of a free state, wouldn't we? WE would be the door

knockers, NOT the door knockees...:cool:

Donn 12-10-2012 12:48 PM

I understand your concern, but if the worst ever happens, I doubt it'll be violent confrontation. Ammo and reloading supplies will go away. People on this forum have already reported shortages of popular calibers in certain areas. Mind you, it won't be all of a sudden. In the meantime, the media and education system will continue to do their part. Gun owners will be on a par with pedophiles. Suppose, instead of an armed team ready to breach the door, it's the local fire inspector who deems your domicile a fire hazard, unsafe for human habitation. The only way to get your property back is to get rid of the "hazard" which is you know what. That is if it's not emptied out by the authorities "for your own good" while the house is vacated. Don't know if I'm thinking too much, but that's one way I see it going down.

rdp51601 12-10-2012 01:20 PM

The fight will never happen. Change of all nature is constant, insidious, inevitable, and predictable. In a few years we old relics will not be able to pull a trigger, and the next generation will not know what a trigger is. The process occasionally gets sped up by unfortunate events credited to the wrong reason, and our civil society has determined the path toward the future, facilitated by ignorance and indifference.

Chainfire 12-10-2012 01:24 PM

My thoughts on the subject are that it is easy to be a "keyboard hero" it is a bit different, when facing a dozen determined armed men, to die for a principal. Most people would go quietly.

AIKIJUTSU 12-10-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdp51601 (Post 1046384)
The fight will never happen. Change of all nature is constant, insidious, inevitable, and predictable. In a few years we old relics will not be able to pull a trigger, and the next generation will not know what a trigger is. The process occasionally gets sped up by unfortunate events credited to the wrong reason, and our civil society has determined the path toward the future, facilitated by ignorance and indifference.

Brief conversation:
Moe: "what are the definitions of ignorance and indifference?"
Joe: "I don't know and I don't care."

gaspump86 12-10-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainfire
My thoughts on the subject are that it is easy to be a "keyboard hero" it is a bit different, when facing a dozen determined armed men, to die for a principal. Most people would go quietly.

Your are darn right.

rhyno13 12-10-2012 02:39 PM

The President nor the U.N. have no power to void the constitution. Quit believing in these conspiracies. Reid V. Covert states “A treaty cannot change the Constitution or be held valid if it be in violation of that document.” – Foster & Elam v. Neilson, (1826) 27 U.S. (2 Pet) 253.

“It would be manifestly contrary to the objectives of those who created the Constitution, let alone alien to our Constitutional history and tradition to construe Article VI (the Supremacy Clause) as permitting the United States to exercise power under an international agreement, without observing Constitutional prohibitions.  In effect such construction would permit amendment of that document in a manner not sanctioned by Article V.” – Reid v. Covert, (1957), 354 U.S. 1

“The prohibitions of the Constitution were designed to apply to all branches of the National Government, and they cannot be nullified by the Executive, or by the Executive and the Senate combined.” –Reid v. Covert, (supra)

“An unconstitutional act is not law; it confers no rights; it imposes no duties; affords no protection; it creates no office; it is in legal contemplation as though it had never been passed.” – Norton v. Shelby County, 118 U.S. 425

downsouth 12-10-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhyno13 (Post 1046434)
The President nor the U.N. have no power to void the constitution. Quit believing in these conspiracies. Reid V. Covert states “A treaty cannot change the Constitution or be held valid if it be in violation of that document.” – Foster & Elam v. Neilson, (1826) 27 U.S. (2 Pet) 253.

“It would be manifestly contrary to the objectives of those who created the Constitution, let alone alien to our Constitutional history and tradition to construe Article VI (the Supremacy Clause) as permitting the United States to exercise power under an international agreement, without observing Constitutional prohibitions.  In effect such construction would permit amendment of that document in a manner not sanctioned by Article V.” – Reid v. Covert, (1957), 354 U.S. 1

“The prohibitions of the Constitution were designed to apply to all branches of the National Government, and they cannot be nullified by the Executive, or by the Executive and the Senate combined.” –Reid v. Covert, (supra)

“An unconstitutional act is not law; it confers no rights; it imposes no duties; affords no protection; it creates no office; it is in legal contemplation as though it had never been passed.” – Norton v. Shelby County, 118 U.S. 425

Just a few things.

Obamacare
Ndaa