Will you comply to a semi-automatic gun ban? - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Will you comply to a semi-automatic gun ban?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 06:11 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Wow...

We've got 6 pages of humor and a whole lot of answers to the WRONG frigging question!

The question is NOT "what will gun owners do".

The question IS "what will LEO's do"!

I'm no math professor but 1 Million Uniformed LEO's VS 100 Million unidentifiable Gun Owners?

1. I don't see it happening
2. If im wrong... Americas LEO community will make Sadam's Republican Guard look like frigging Navy Seals.

Word to wise for our boys is blue... discresion IS the better part of valor, should you receive this order, laying your badge on your captains desk would be a wise career move.

Tack

Old 02-23-2013, 10:26 AM   #62

Liked 2049 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Veiled threats to LEOs might get you a special visit. Keep in mind too that not all of us 100 million are looking to die at this or any time for the right to keep a semi. And I'm not quite ready to shoot at Andy and Barney just because they are doing their jobs - enforcing the law. Your beef should be with the idiots MAKING the laws.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:38 AM   #63

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
That's for me to know &...
If I were to defy such a law, I don't believe posting my intent to do so on an open forum is especially smart. If for no other reason that it might make my future lawyer's job that much harder.
Who here thinks firearms forums & the like aren't monitored by our self appointed betters? Any intention to violate the law is best kept to yourself.
Agree with you 100%. Loose talk sinks ships.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:30 PM   #64

Liked 257 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 185

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
Veiled threats to LEOs might get you a special visit. Keep in mind too that not all of us 100 million are looking to die at this or any time for the right to keep a semi. And I'm not quite ready to shoot at Andy and Barney just because they are doing their jobs - enforcing the law. Your beef should be with the idiots MAKING the laws.
I'm not saying this to start an argument and this is just my opinion, but I see a couple things wrong with your post. First off your comment about the 100 million not wanting to die for the right to keep a semi. If everyone decided it wasn't worth the fight and gave up and a semi ban was implemented what do you think will come next? Do you believe gun grabbers will have their fill and go away. I'm guessing no, they won't. If you give them an inch they will keep taking until there is nothing left. No one should want to die to protect their rights, they should want to fight with everything they have. Dieing is not the end goal, keeping the rights that are yours by the grace of god, and are not to be infringed upon by man is the end goal. Also just because Andy and barney get orders to implement a law and follow those orders does not mean they are doing their job. Their job description by the oath they take is to uphold the constitution, not the government. Anything that they do that goes against the constitution is a breach of contract on their part, and disqualifies them from being "peace keepers", and makes them the strong arm of tyranny. I do not want violence, and I pray every night that it doesn't come to that, but at the point when our rights are stretches to the breaking point I will not lay down and take it. I will fight for my wife, my son, my family, my friends, and I will do whatever it takes to make sure that my son grows up knowing what its like to live without fear and to be free. Until that day comes though, I will support and push for as much non-violent civil protest as I can.

Last edited by Devin556; 02-23-2013 at 01:45 PM.
widowmaker Likes This 
Old 02-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #65

Liked 2049 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin556

I'm not saying this to start an argument and this is just my opinion, but I see a couple things wrong with your post. First off your comment about the 100 million not wanting to die for the right to keep a semi. If everyone decided it wasn't worth the fight and gave up and a semi ban was implemented what do you think will come next? Do you believe gun grabbers will have their fill and go away. I'm guessing no, they won't. If you give them an inch they will keep taking until there is nothing left. No one should want to die to protect their rights, they should want to fight with everything they have. Dieing is not the end goal, keeping the rights that are yours by the grace of god, and are not to be infringed upon by man is the end goal. Also just because Andy and barney get orders to implement a law and follow those orders does not mean they are doing their job. Their job description by the oath they take is to uphold the constitution, not the government. Anything that they do that goes against the constitution is a breach of contract on their part, and disqualifies them from being "peace keepers", and makes them the strong arm of tyranny. I do not want violence, and I pray every night that it doesn't come to that, but at the point when our rights are stretches to the breaking point I will not lay down and take it. I will fight for my wife, my son, my family, my friends, and I will do whatever it takes to make sure that my son grows up knowing what its like to live without fear and to be free. Until that day comes though, I will support and push for as much non-violent civil protest as I can.
There is nothing wrong with my post, Sir. You may not happen to agree with it. I stand behind my comments.

Old 02-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #66
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2014 Times on 1191 Posts
Likes Given: 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Wow...

We've got 6 pages of humor and a whole lot of answers to the WRONG frigging question!

The question is NOT "what will gun owners do".

The question IS "what will LEO's do"!

I'm no math professor but 1 Million Uniformed LEO's VS 100 Million unidentifiable Gun Owners?

1. I don't see it happening
2. If im wrong... Americas LEO community will make Sadam's Republican Guard look like frigging Navy Seals.

Word to wise for our boys is blue... discresion IS the better part of valor, should you receive this order, laying your badge on your captains desk would be a wise career move.

Tack
I am a LEO and agree with what he said. Enforcing even the current laws, local, state, and federal area DIRECT violation of the oath we as LEO's took, but that don't seen to bother MOST of the LEO's, especially those in urban areas!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

People Like This 
Old 02-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #67
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1274 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

I'm not a LEO, but my brother is a retired cop. I know a situation like that would have really put him into a tough spot. Obey orders, and if he survives he may be able to feed his family a little longer, or defy the orders and try to find work when the whole country is in a state of chaos. A lose-lose situation.

Old 02-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #68
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8468 Times on 4904 Posts
Likes Given: 11033

Quote:
Threats, veiled or not, serve no real purpose. My policy is never make a threat. Ever.

Informing people of what the consequences will be is a different matter.

The difference being is that threats are rarely followed through on, and sometimes people make them with every intention of carrying them out, but that would still be a threat, not a promise.

Have you ever heard of the Nuremburg Trials? Well, I suggest that all of the LEO's who intend to carry out illegal orders might want to brush up on that bit of History.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:37 PM   #69
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2014 Times on 1191 Posts
Likes Given: 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
I'm not a LEO, but my brother is a retired cop. I know a situation like that would have really put him into a tough spot. Obey orders, and if he survives he may be able to feed his family a little longer, or defy the orders and try to find work when the whole country is in a state of chaos. A lose-lose situation.
I guess it boils down to personal integrity! I fought back against this and nearly lost my job and pension, but I can face the man in the mirror and respect him for doing the 'right' thing! You can make a living for your family with out doing the 'wrong' thing!!! There is live after 'cop'!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Devin556 Likes This 
Old 02-23-2013, 06:07 PM   #70

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Chloe...

I do not make veiled threats nor do I have a beef with LEO's. I simply observe the situation, apply logic based on history and probability, and attempt to point out the unintended consequences of bad policy.

Of course not all 100 Million would choose active resistance and of course not all 1 Million LEO's would choose to follow this order.

...and they wouldn't need to... so apply some simple math for the sake of argument and assume that a small minority choose to fight, say 10%. Do the same on the LEO side understanding that small jurisdictions ignore this while large ones "attempt" to make a show of it and assume that equates to 50% or even 60%...

Should the Fed's get their wish, they are setting up a situation pitting 10 Million dedicated Patriots against the 500k or 600k memebers of law enforcement who choose their paycheck over their oath.

It's not at all hard to imaging that this gets very ugly very quickly as deaths on both sides draw in more and more fence sitters looking for retaliation.

The point I am trying to make here and that I hope LEO's will grasp is that there is ABSOLUTELY no benefit in pursuing this conflict. There is no public benefit to be gained by engaging gun owners who refuse to comply BUT there is a HUGE possibility of instigating a conflict they CAN NOT win.

We understand it's a crappy choice for honorable peace officers with families of there own to support but we also recognize that IF LEO's understood the risk, they would be engaging their Union Representation to publically speak out against such policies rather than quietly standing behind their appointed Chiefs.

LEO positions on policy carries a good amount of weight with law makers and the public. We all understand why Rank and File officers can't speak out publicly in defiance of their leadership but I do not understand why they do not uses the considerable power of their Unions to do this for them.

Tack