will i be able to own a gun? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

will i be able to own a gun?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2011, 12:37 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Certification Of Transferee
a. Are you the actual buyer of the firearm(s) listed on this form? Warning: You are not the actual buyer if you are acquiring
the firearm(s) on behalf of another person. If you are not the actual buyer, the dealer cannot transfer the firearm(s) to
you. (See Important Notice 1 for actual buyer definition and examples.)
d. Are you a fugitive from justice?
e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana, or any depressant, stimulant, or narcotic drug, or any other controlled
substance?
l. Are you a nonimmigrant alien? (See Definition 6.)
g. Have you been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions?
f. Have you ever been adjudicated mentally defective (which includes having been adjudicated incompetent to manage your own
affairs) or have you ever been committed to a mental institution?

k. Are you an alien illegally in the United States?
b. Are you under indictment or information in any court for a felony, or any other crime, for which the judge could imprison you for
more than one year? (An information is a formal accusation of a crime by a prosecutor. See Definition 3.)
c. Have you been convicted in any court of a felony, or any other crime, for which the judge could have imprisoned you for more
than one year, even if you received a shorter sentence including probation? (See Important Notice 6, Exception 1.)
h. Are you subject to a court order restraining you from harassing, stalking, or threatening your child or an intimate partner or child
of such partner? (See Important Notice 7.)
i. Have you been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence? (See Important Notice 6, Exception 1 and
Definition 4.)
13. If you are a nonimmigrant alien, do you fall within any of the exceptions set forth in Important Notice 6, Exception
The highlighted means "officially by a court or judge"...your week was voluntary because your mom loves you and cares about your well being.

you were a minor

you were not court mandated

you're an adult now

this is America

enjoy your freedoms while you can

don't invite the man into your life

Be Well.

Last edited by neilage66; 10-20-2011 at 12:42 AM.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:45 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipma3 View Post
when i was 13 i was commited to a mental ward in the hospital by my mom. will it be on my record preventing me owning a gun? i was only in there for a week i am now 21
Step One: Do Not contact any public or law enforcement agency in this regard !

Step Two: By all means seek out and contact an attorney familiar with gun law in your state of current residence as to how a juvenile involuntary committment would be interpreted by today's gun purchase/ownership law.

>MW

Newest Threads