Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > will 3D printers remain legal?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 117 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 204

Default will 3D printers remain legal?

after gutenberg rifles go viral...

lets enjoy watching the gun grabbers wrap their heads around this technology....

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2013/03/25/gutenbergs-rifle-the-downloadable-firearm-is-almost-real/?singlepage=true

my hat is off to anyone who has served or is currently serving our country.....God bless you..you're friends and family included.

for the latest chitown headlines, check here:
http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

NRA - member for life

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 343 Times on 184 Posts
Likes Given: 70

3D Printing represents huge potential for "creative destruction". Just imagine the industries that will be impacted if these things become commonplace. Forget about printing guns, these things represent an existential threat for a huge chunk of the manufacturing industry.

As such, I see our wonderful government with their backwards ivory tower solution being lobbied by the very industries these things threaten to put limitations on them. Unfortunately, once the genie is out of the bottle it's almost impossible to put back in. While the music industry successfully killed Napster, they had to admit that they couldn't keep making money off selling whole albumns on physical formats only. There is probably money to be made in 3D printing, but instead of finding those venues it will be fought tooth and nail.

While I'm sure there will be much fury over the ability to "print" guns what many people will not get is how worthless much of our gun control laws really are. Sadly, I doubt this will lead to a true meaningful debate that we really need to have about gun ownership and about repealing pointless laws (SBR's anyone?) while taking a hard look at causes of violence (War on Drugs)

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain