Wikipedia 4473 - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Wikipedia 4473

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 02:08 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 9,344
Liked 5733 Times on 3244 Posts
Likes Given: 5167

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
So... Is 45 years the point at which we say... Ehh... Sure its an expensive, unnecessary, and useless waste of time but HEY! It makes the LIBTARD's feel good so we should keep it?

Tack
Uhhhhh......... I went back and re-read my original post. Where exactly did I say that???


Your words, sir, not mine.
__________________
“We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.”


Winston Churchill
locutus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:25 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
willshoum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houma, La.,La.
Posts: 5,369
Liked 1885 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 2128

Default .................................?

Blowing smoke up ones arse.......................I suspect.........

__________________

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

willshoum is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:26 AM   #43
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 5,995
Liked 4788 Times on 2316 Posts
Likes Given: 1478

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Uhhhhh......... I went back and re-read my original post. Where exactly did I say that???


Your words, sir, not mine.
I took your post as an endorsement of the current background check system... If I read too much into it, then I apologize good sir.

Tack
__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:42 AM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SW OK
Posts: 4,364
Liked 2115 Times on 1143 Posts
Likes Given: 3186

Default

Quote:
The 1968 gun law required fine old antique firearms be defaced with an ugly number.
None of my antique guns have been defaced by added serial numbers. Never seen one that was.
__________________
alsaqr is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:45 AM   #45
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kfox75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Erie County PA,
Posts: 2,519
Liked 1579 Times on 966 Posts
Likes Given: 8166

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
None of my antique guns have been defaced by added serial numbers. Never seen one that was.
Same here. All of my pre-68s has not been defaced with a serial number. i do remember once having to tell the owner of one LGS's wife that if they were made prior to 1968, they have no S\N. At that point, he looked at her and asked how she didn't know that. What scared me is that she worked the counter and ran the background checks!

Same shop where i got yelled at for clearing the shotgun that she handed to me, with a closed action. Anyone else know why I only go there for parts and ammo?
__________________

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

kfox75 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #46
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
WebleyFosbery38's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Irish Settlement CNY
Posts: 5,460
Liked 6134 Times on 3038 Posts
Likes Given: 6514

Default

The background checks are worse than just ineffective, they prevent legal rights for legal citizens from being fully realized every single day. If one citizen is denied their rights, thats one too many; tens of thousands have been and still are today due to a BS Database that's incomplete, wrong and even when a felon gets caught trying to break the law, nobody does nothing unless your in Texas!

NY now has a plug and pray automotive inspection system, If the computer says your car is AOK, you get the sticker; if it fails, you pay til it passes. Complete Safety inspections are few and far between even though they are required; they just meet the bar of the law and down the road you go.

Not so many professionals in most retail establishments anymore, not even Gun Stores. The idiot behind the counter of your local Big Box LSG likely sold underwear in their last job, they dont see the person in front of them only the approved or denied on the Cash register for the transaction.

__________________
WebleyFosbery38 is offline  
AIKIJUTSU Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #47
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kryptar19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: arkansas
Posts: 1,732
Liked 625 Times on 372 Posts
Likes Given: 1659

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38

Not so many professionals in most retail establishments anymore, not even Gun Stores. The idiot behind the counter of your local Big Box LSG likely sold underwear in their last job, they dont see the person in front of them only the approved or denied on the Cash register for the transaction.
I disagree with this. I run the gun counter at Academy Sports and Outdoors in Jonesboro AR, I like to think that I know what I'm talking about at least some of the time.

Plus, if anyone fills out the 4473 100% correctly it's Academy, trust me I deal with it all day every day.
__________________
kryptar19 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:18 PM   #48
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 9,344
Liked 5733 Times on 3244 Posts
Likes Given: 5167

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post

NY now has a plug and pray automotive inspection system, If the computer says your car is AOK, you get the sticker; if it fails, you pay til it passes. Complete Safety inspections are few and far between even though they are required; they just meet the bar of the law and down the road you go.
You still have auto safety inspections?????

They were repealed in the states around here in the early seventies. Shortly after the National Safety council concluded that they were useless and the federal mandate was repealed.

Of course, Kommie-rado now has emission inspections..
__________________
“We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.”


Winston Churchill
locutus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #49
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
clr8ter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 3,282
Liked 988 Times on 651 Posts
Likes Given: 635

Default

WF38, I'm simply curious, no offense intended; If you are against ANY BG check, what about the people who really shouldn't have guns? How are we to weed them out?

Personally, I think there should be a one time BG check. A thorough one. After which you get a card, like a driver's license, and you show it, and buy the gun on the spot, no further inquires made. There would have to be some mechanism to update it if needed, like if you committed an armed robbery, or something.....

__________________
clr8ter is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #50
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Free State of Winston, AL
Posts: 3,049
Liked 1972 Times on 1167 Posts
Likes Given: 939

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
WF38, I'm simply curious, no offense intended; If you are against ANY BG check, what about the people who really shouldn't have guns? How are we to weed them out?

Personally, I think there should be a one time BG check. A thorough one. After which you get a card, like a driver's license, and you show it, and buy the gun on the spot, no further inquires made. There would have to be some mechanism to update it if needed, like if you committed an armed robbery, or something.....
I guess I would ask of you what other 'right' should require a BGC!
The point here is NO amount of BGC's will have any positive effect on public safety PERIOD!!! Please don't be swayed by this ridiculous progressive propaganda!
__________________

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

JimRau is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
I would like to see the Form 4473 online death01 Illinois Gun Forum 5 04-05-2013 12:34 PM
Wikipedia Correction Vikingdad Legal and Activism 9 01-25-2013 10:04 PM
FFLs: New 4473 Takes Effect Today Wiebelhaus NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion 6 07-11-2012 02:06 PM