Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Wikipedia 4473

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 02:08 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4722 Times on 2695 Posts
Likes Given: 3746

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
So... Is 45 years the point at which we say... Ehh... Sure its an expensive, unnecessary, and useless waste of time but HEY! It makes the LIBTARD's feel good so we should keep it?

Tack
Uhhhhh......... I went back and re-read my original post. Where exactly did I say that???

Your words, sir, not mine.

Old 05-03-2013, 02:25 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1354 Times on 1028 Posts
Likes Given: 1766

Default .................................?

Blowing smoke up ones arse.......................I suspect.........

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 05-04-2013, 02:26 AM   #43

Liked 3732 Times on 1844 Posts
Likes Given: 1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Uhhhhh......... I went back and re-read my original post. Where exactly did I say that???

Your words, sir, not mine.
I took your post as an endorsement of the current background check system... If I read too much into it, then I apologize good sir.

Tack

Old 05-04-2013, 02:42 AM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1673 Times on 920 Posts
Likes Given: 2454

Quote:
The 1968 gun law required fine old antique firearms be defaced with an ugly number.
None of my antique guns have been defaced by added serial numbers. Never seen one that was.

Old 05-04-2013, 06:45 AM   #45
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1033 Times on 667 Posts
Likes Given: 5321

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
None of my antique guns have been defaced by added serial numbers. Never seen one that was.
Same here. All of my pre-68s has not been defaced with a serial number. i do remember once having to tell the owner of one LGS's wife that if they were made prior to 1968, they have no S\N. At that point, he looked at her and asked how she didn't know that. What scared me is that she worked the counter and ran the background checks!

Same shop where i got yelled at for clearing the shotgun that she handed to me, with a closed action. Anyone else know why I only go there for parts and ammo?

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 05-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #46
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4603 Times on 2304 Posts
Likes Given: 4734

The background checks are worse than just ineffective, they prevent legal rights for legal citizens from being fully realized every single day. If one citizen is denied their rights, thats one too many; tens of thousands have been and still are today due to a BS Database that's incomplete, wrong and even when a felon gets caught trying to break the law, nobody does nothing unless your in Texas!

NY now has a plug and pray automotive inspection system, If the computer says your car is AOK, you get the sticker; if it fails, you pay til it passes. Complete Safety inspections are few and far between even though they are required; they just meet the bar of the law and down the road you go.

Not so many professionals in most retail establishments anymore, not even Gun Stores. The idiot behind the counter of your local Big Box LSG likely sold underwear in their last job, they dont see the person in front of them only the approved or denied on the Cash register for the transaction.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #47

Liked 568 Times on 339 Posts
Likes Given: 813

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38

Not so many professionals in most retail establishments anymore, not even Gun Stores. The idiot behind the counter of your local Big Box LSG likely sold underwear in their last job, they dont see the person in front of them only the approved or denied on the Cash register for the transaction.
I disagree with this. I run the gun counter at Academy Sports and Outdoors in Jonesboro AR, I like to think that I know what I'm talking about at least some of the time.

Plus, if anyone fills out the 4473 100% correctly it's Academy, trust me I deal with it all day every day.

Old 05-04-2013, 02:18 PM   #48
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4722 Times on 2695 Posts
Likes Given: 3746

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post

NY now has a plug and pray automotive inspection system, If the computer says your car is AOK, you get the sticker; if it fails, you pay til it passes. Complete Safety inspections are few and far between even though they are required; they just meet the bar of the law and down the road you go.
You still have auto safety inspections?????

They were repealed in the states around here in the early seventies. Shortly after the National Safety council concluded that they were useless and the federal mandate was repealed.

Of course, Kommie-rado now has emission inspections..

Old 05-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #49

Liked 648 Times on 436 Posts
Likes Given: 390

WF38, I'm simply curious, no offense intended; If you are against ANY BG check, what about the people who really shouldn't have guns? How are we to weed them out?

Personally, I think there should be a one time BG check. A thorough one. After which you get a card, like a driver's license, and you show it, and buy the gun on the spot, no further inquires made. There would have to be some mechanism to update it if needed, like if you committed an armed robbery, or something.....

Old 05-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #50
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1259 Times on 787 Posts
Likes Given: 671

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
WF38, I'm simply curious, no offense intended; If you are against ANY BG check, what about the people who really shouldn't have guns? How are we to weed them out?

Personally, I think there should be a one time BG check. A thorough one. After which you get a card, like a driver's license, and you show it, and buy the gun on the spot, no further inquires made. There would have to be some mechanism to update it if needed, like if you committed an armed robbery, or something.....
I guess I would ask of you what other 'right' should require a BGC!
The point here is NO amount of BGC's will have any positive effect on public safety PERIOD!!! Please don't be swayed by this ridiculous progressive propaganda!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!