Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Why you should know state gun laws when traveling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2010, 05:37 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Why you should know state gun laws when traveling

There was an arrest at the airport that I work at yesterday morning, now I don't have all the details yet but I'll update when I get more info.
A Florida resident who is attending college in Maine, was traveling home, he drove from Maine to New Jersey and bought a ticket to Florida, the young man had in his posession an AK-47, NOT legal to have in NJ, he had it in a case that was locked and declared it to the airlines,I'm not sure if TSA discovered the type of firearm or he told the airline the type, but the NJ State Troopers were notified and the guy was arrested. This is a prime example of a reason to KNOW the laws of any state you may be traveling through. I hope the kid gets the charges dropped and his firearm back.
On a side note, the Trooper that arrested him was VERY upset that he had to make the arrest, I talk to this Trooper all the time and he is a great guy.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-02-2010, 11:17 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I hope the kid can get out of it and get his weapon back. I hate to hear these stories because if the weapon was locked in a case the guy was being responsible and trying to do the right thing. Some idiot law maker decides he shouldn't have that gun and now he's in trouble.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 05-02-2010, 11:33 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yeah I know exactly what he is going through. My ak was taken from me and destroyed in the state of Indiana. Because a judge saw it was fit to do so with it. It's a really long and drawn out story on how this came about but the end result is I no longer have my ak if you want to see what it looked like look at my pics and you'll see it with my sks and my us carbine.

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off!" - Dirty Harry