Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > why we need anonymity of residence

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 07:20 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
They are still there unless they have retired since the incident took place. Cops are almost never fired for violating the rights of US citizens.
That is because violating citizen rights is in the interests of the government. It gives them information they record and use even if they cannot use it in court.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:25 PM   #12

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by prof-milton-fireballs View Post
It gives them information they record and use even if they cannot use it in court.
So does posting opinions, information and pictures on this forum and any other.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 03-31-2011, 03:00 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1189 Times on 578 Posts
Likes Given: 74

With the local Gendarmes here in Central Florida you always upset them at a traffic stop when they ask, "Where are you coming from?" You point one way and say; "From that way." They then ask; you point the other way, and say; "that way."

I figure that is information from me that they do not need for any number of reasons.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:42 AM   #14
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8054 Times on 4648 Posts
Likes Given: 10397

"Recently a federal appeals court ruled that a WV sheriff illegally conducted a no knock on a home in WV. The sheriff's reason for the no knock raid; the man and his wife were CCW holders."

I would think that a smart Sheriff would not kick the door down on a house where the owners were CCW permit holders because in order to hold a permit you have to be proven not to be a convicted felon, so presumably the CCW permit holders would not be Bad Guys. And the cops are very likely to be shot when kicking in a door unannounced (is there any other way to do it?)

If the homeowner had fired upon the cops, they would have been gunned down in cold blood. IMHO.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:53 AM   #15
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8054 Times on 4648 Posts
Likes Given: 10397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post
With the local Gendarmes here in Central Florida you always upset them at a traffic stop when they ask, "Where are you coming from?" You point one way and say; "From that way." They then ask; you point the other way, and say; "that way."

I figure that is information from me that they do not need for any number of reasons.
I have answered that question with "Nowhere important. What's the problem?" It is non-confrontational and seems to diffuse the situation.

A friend of mine was once asked by a cop "Do you have any drugs or guns in your car?" (he did have a loaded pistol in his briefcase) and he stupidly shot back "Why? Are you out?" (true story) He spent about three hours sitting in the back of the police car as they went through his car.

Don't be a smart ass. Nobody likes a smart ass. The cops don't like that and they trust you about as much as you trust them.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:54 AM   #16

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
I AINT SCARED!!

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 04-01-2011, 04:25 AM   #17

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by culdee View Post
Can anyone tell me why you have to show identification now to rent a hotel room? They suggest it is to ensure the credit card is not stolen. I suspect it is for other reasons but then I am getting paranoid about giving my information to eveery tom. dick and harry.
I worked in the hospitality industry for a few years back in the early 90's. ID was required for all credit cards then. This was a higher end chain and required for all non-members. Members had to produce credit card and membership card (membership = rewards card) and that was all. The main reason is to make sure you are who you say you are and the card is not stolen. Defrauding an Inn Keeper is a felony. Thank the people for asking for ID as if someone got ahold of your credit card and rented at the Four Seasons, you would ask them why they did not ask for ID.

What's the big deal of showing a photo ID? Are they photocopying your ID or do you think the employees have a photographic memory and are required by some gubmit agency to record your whereabouts?

If you are that paranoid, then stay home. Just a suggestion.

I forgot to tell you that all ID's I asked for were scanned and sent to the CIA, FBI, NSA, and the one lettered agency that cannot be spoken.

If you want to be anonymous on the road, go to the no-tell motels and pay cash by the hour.

There, I told you.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 04-03-2011, 11:12 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
except that what we post here, we reveal willingly.

what the government gets by intrusion into our personal lives they get without our consent.

there are 4 legal exceptions to the fourth amendment. One of them goes like this:

District Attorney: "Your honor, even though we illegally searched his possessions, we would have found out all this information in another way anyway."

Judge: "Oh, oh, blub blub blub, in that case I won't dismiss the case against the defendant . Let's give him a big fine, so I can send my daughter to an expensive private school."