Why those of us who have excess AR's should sell - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Why those of us who have excess AR's should sell

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 10:49 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1148 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluez View Post
Pretty rough crowd here.
Talk about trying to mint new AR/AK owners as an act of political activism (this is the subofrum for it) and getting no love..
I wouldnt say were rough in here but if someone is looking for a AR there is a classifieds tab at the top of the page
You dont need to preach your wants or anyone elses on me, I was there at one time and in that position of having the want but could not afford it . I have learned to save for what I want and put back a little extra when I have it then if a spur of the moment deal arises I have something to work with .
locutus Likes This 
Old 01-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7193 Times on 3982 Posts
Likes Given: 6949

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
I wouldnt say were rough in here but if someone is looking for a AR there is a classifieds tab at the top of the page
You dont need to preach your wants or anyone elses on me, I was there at one time and in that position of having the want but could not afford it . I have learned to save for what I want and put back a little extra when I have it then if a spur of the moment deal arises I have something to work with .

Unfortunately, in today's world the concept of depriving yourself of instant gratification simply because you can't afford it is considered archaic.

Hell, even saving is considered unpatriotic. You should be spending that money and putting it back into the economy.

Yeah, right.

“There aren't any great men. There are just great challenges that ordinary men like you and me are forced by circumstances to meet.”http://thinkexist.com/i/sq/as0.gif Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. (Bull) quote

purehavoc Likes This 
Old 01-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #43

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Pretty rough crowd here.
Talk about trying to mint new AR/AK owners as an act of political activism (this is the subofrum for it) and getting no love..
That's been tried before - no luck. In fact, IMHO, trying to open our arms up and be all-inclusive had an undesirable effect for all us non-dealers:
Back when the May 1986 "new mfg MG ban" was instituted (pre Internet days, communications were not as fast and furious (pun intended) as they are now) we NFA fans tried to build support and "legitimacy" for NFA ownership by scattering the net far and wide to stir interest in legal MGs.

Maybe by increased numbers of owners, we could get the impetus for the politicians to ditch the midnight law...
Didn't work to reverse the ban legislation, which will never be reversed unless done by the Supremes.

But what did work;

creation of a huge demand for a tiny pool of transferable MGs - - making it nearly impossible to save up enough/fast enough to afford that TSMG you had always wanted.

Back then, going into debt for $800.00 for a dream-gun wasn't that out of reach, today - $14K-plus - most of us have too many family priorities and responsibilities to participate in the NFA play.

So much for being "inclusive".

Old 01-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #44

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:

make it expensive enough that flipping is not worth the effort. or make sure its a decent guy and sell it w/ the understanding he wont flip.

Come on guys this is a non brainer:

There is no reason for some of us to sit on a small hill of AR's, while our fellow citizens are handwringly emptying out their savings to what are basically scalpers.

I really thought this to be a common sense no brainer social service.

But I felt it was important to do my small part to help alleviate the glut the enemy caused , create political allies and make fellow americans more effective at fighting tyranny.

Its a win-win-win all around.
i sold a nice ar for $900, actuall thunk its worth alot more. I did that be an example. I hope the guy doesn't sell it

Last edited by Ultimate_sig; 01-07-2013 at 05:37 PM.
bluez Likes This 
Old 01-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #45

Liked 80 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
I cud care less if you & bluez want to give your guns away-
Besides-- what the hell is a extra gun anyway
lol.... Thats right! Ya only have two hands....

Sig P220 Equinox, Sig P238
CZ P01 SDP, CZ 75-PCR
Glock 19
S&W M&P 45ACP, S&W M&P Shield 9MM
Kimber Ultra Carry II
Kimber Sapphire Ultra Carry II
Kimber Stainless Pro Raptor II
Kel Tec PF9, Kel Tec P32
Ruger SR9, Ruger SR9C
Remington 887 Nitro Mag Tactical (12g)
Walther PPS
Ruger SR556E
Springfield XDs 9MM/45 ACP
SKS Chinese Norinco
Mosin Nagant 91/30 (2)
NRA Member

Old 01-07-2013, 06:48 PM   #46

Liked 296 Times on 198 Posts

Thats the only way i will wind up owning one any time soon. I planned on picking one up this winter (before this **** went down) I'm just going to have to find a friend or private seller looking to be reasonable. There iz noway i could spend the prices many are asking for now!

Old 01-08-2013, 01:58 AM   #47

Liked 430 Times on 277 Posts
Likes Given: 1579

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaj View Post
Thats the only way i will wind up owning one any time soon. I planned on picking one up this winter (before this **** went down) I'm just going to have to find a friend or private seller looking to be reasonable. There iz noway i could spend the prices many are asking for now!
IME Dealers tend to toe a line much closer to old prices.
Just keep ine ye out until they h ve inventory and then pounce

3 Days ago a deale rin VA hhad 2 SR556 is stovck for days marker up only by 150 bucks.
Maybe since it was aspedny rifle ot begin with (1350) ppl dindt view it as an poortuniry.

I doubt he sitll has them in stock but early last week, was 3 days since he had them in and still not sold.

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

EVERY DAY MEN WHO WILL FOLLOW ORDERS TO KILL YOU, EXERCISE. DO YOU?

Last edited by bluez; 01-08-2013 at 03:43 PM.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:26 AM   #48

Liked 296 Times on 198 Posts

Quote:

Dealers tned to toe a line much cloeser to old prices.
Jiust keep in euye out until they ahve inventory and then pounce

3 Days ago a deale rin VA hhad 2 SR556 is stovck for days marker up only by 150 bucks.
Maybe isnc eit was aspedny rifle ot begin with (1350) ppl dindt view it as an poortuniry.

I doubt he sitll has them in stock but early last week, was 3 days since he had them in and still not sold.
Went to the LGS Saturday who usually has a very nice selection.(and prices) there were some "hunting" guns and the whole goody wall was bare except for 2 WASR10's marked up about $300 to $800

Old 01-08-2013, 04:05 PM   #49

Liked 855 Times on 553 Posts
Likes Given: 997

Someone should sell me a "extra" IH Garand they have lyin' around for cheap...

Old 01-08-2013, 07:49 PM   #50
Cha

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
I believe those of us who currently hold extra AR's should sell on the market at as reasonable a price as we can stomach.
Throw in a couple extra new factory wrapped PMags and some Ammo to boot.

Today I did just that.

To make money?

No, but to

- create more owners of so called "Assault Rifles", who now have a vested interested in resisting the soon to be attempted New Gun Grab.

- to spread out the tools of physical resistance to protect America

- to make our own small contribution to relieve the shortage

- To stick it to the man!!!
I am Happy to know that there are still guys like you out there, I am still searching for a affordable AR, I hope to come across a Seller like you one day.