Why those of us who have excess AR's should sell - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Why those of us who have excess AR's should sell

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 06:57 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

You see people in C stores paying $10 bucks a gallon for water which is free. They stand there pouring it down bitching about the price of gas. It cost a hell of lot to produce gasoline. The guy is filling water bottles from a tap off a city water system.
The people who did not want a Black Rifle when they were $500 bucks now expect some one else to offer them price protection. If you bought a Handy Gun at Walmart instead of a Colt AR 15 last year. Congrats you saved money.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:43 AM   #12

Liked 61 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluez

make it expensive enough that flipping is not worth the effort. or make sure its a decent guy and sell it w/ the understanding he wont flip.

Come on guys this is a non brainer:

There is no reason for some of us to sit on a small hill of AR's, while our fellow citizens are handwringly emptying out their savings to what are basically scalpers.

I really thought this to be a common sense no brainer social service.

But I felt it was important to do my small part to help alleviate the glut the enemy caused , create political allies and make fellow americans more effective at fighting tyranny.

Its a win-win-win all around.
I am sick that I didn't get one before all this happened. I went in the gun store, bought a pistol I could afford, was set to get ar next, money's tight, thank you dear ex wife .

So, I went to store weekly, they told me no more layaways. I started looking at 800 dollar ak, was gonna save, knew the colt ar was out of reason in my budget.

Then the prices went nuts, so 600 for an ak pistol Was what it was gonna be, then Christmas hit with my little boy, so 300 dollar beat up Chinese sks started looking good, etc etc.

This whole thing sucks.

Is what it is I guess, so I'll continue to try and save to get whatever I can prior to these idiots pushing this ignorance down on us.

Anyhow, I imagine there are many in my position that just didn't quite get one before the glut buy skyrocketed prices.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:11 AM   #13

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Kinda agree with the OP - but only for someone I know really well, and well enough to know and understand why it is that they do not already have an "EBR" and would appreciate the chance to snag one at pre-2013 prices.

Anyone else - sorry, you had the same opportunities I had to spend on what you wanted - and you chose to buy whatever else you did instead.

I am under no obligation to now save you money. Especially after reading posts of AR buyers BRAGGING over gobbling up handfuls of Wallymart 6920s and immediately flipping them for twice what they paid.

In a victim nation, a classroom full of dead children is morally superior to a teacher holding a smoking gun knowing she just protected her students.

JTJ Likes This 
Old 01-06-2013, 12:52 PM   #14

Liked 407 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 1465

Maybe I should clarify what I meant by "as reasonable as you can stomach" :

I did not mean pre bubble prices (unless a close freind)
Just attenuated current prices.
the rifle I sold was at about 80-90% of current bubble price

The favor, was not so much a super low price (it wasn't) but the fact that I was selling when I didn't need the money at all.

Just for the reasons as outlined above : do my small part to put one more in circulation, ...creating another automatic enemy of the administration ,....spread out the tools of physical resistance to protect America ... etc etc

PS:Frankly dealers have been holding the line pretty good on prices as far as I am concerned... their guns rarely reach double the pre bubble price whereas private party sales routinely exceed double the pre bubble value.

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

EVERY DAY MEN WHO WILL FOLLOW ORDERS TO KILL YOU, EXERCISE. DO YOU?

Last edited by bluez; 01-06-2013 at 12:55 PM.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2164 Times on 1487 Posts
Likes Given: 805

If I sell a gun it is to buy another gun. I am going to get full price for the gun. If I wanted someone to have a gun so bad I would give them a cut rate price I would just give them the gun outright. I don't get the OP's point. If no gun bans pass there will be so many $400 kits bouncing around it's not funny. This person that you "helped" is going to say "hey you ripped me off"

The odds of any earth shaking legislation passing through congress is pretty low. There are a lot less left wing democrats in congress than you think. We have a lot of blue dog democrats in NC who get an A+ from the NRA. Several are on committees that will shoot stupid laws down before anyone outside of the committee even reads the law.

Just because Feinstein spent a year crafting a law doesn't mean anyone is going to support it. Why should they support her solitary effort? The president has assembled a committee to find a way to stop gun violence. I don't think anyone is going to let a nut job like feinstein get them run out of office. They are going to wait on Obama's committee so they can hear a plan that will work and get public support.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Old 01-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #16

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluez View Post
Maybe I should clarify what I meant by "as reasonable as you can stomach" :

I did not mean pre bubble prices (unless a close freind)
Just attenuated current prices.
the rifle I sold was at about 80-90% of current bubble price

The favor, was not so much a super low price (it wasn't) but the fact that I was selling when I didn't need the money at all.

Just for the reasons as outlined above : do my small part to put one more in circulation, ...creating another automatic enemy of the administration ,....spread out the tools of physical resistance to protect America ... etc etc

PS:Frankly dealers have been holding the line pretty good on prices as far as I am concerned... their guns rarely reach double the pre bubble price whereas private party sales routinely exceed double the pre bubble value.
Glad your a nice guy & all that but as been said over 'n over if anyone felt no need for a AR a month ago don't need one now anyway--
And don't give me that "But theres goin to be a revolution & we will have to shoot all the politicions" crap----Do it with the JC Higgins single shot 410 you had before

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

People Like This 
Old 01-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #17

Sigh,

fellas "as reasonable as a price as you can stomach" does not mean pre bubble prices.

I have a couple guys answering " but I cant stomach selling at pre bubble price its thier own fault etc".
Nowhere does it say or imply, you should sell at pre bubble price!.

Its at as low a price as you can stomach, which may be 1900 dollars, knowning that with some effort you can get 2200.

One thing I am finding more and more as a denizen on internet forms is that people will read into a post all sorts of things you haven't written, so they can disagree with it.

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Old 01-06-2013, 02:02 PM   #18

Quote:
Sigh,

fellas "as reasonable as a price as you can stomach" does not mean pre bubble prices.

I have a couple guys answering " but I cant stomach selling at pre bubble price its thier own fault etc".
Nowhere does it say or imply, you should sell at pre bubble price!.

Its at as low a price as you can stomach, which may be 1900 dollars, knowning that with some effort you can get 2200.

One thing I am finding more and more as a denizen on internet forms is that people will read into a post all sorts of things you haven't written, so they can disagree with it.
Double sigh---
Question is WHY sell any gun you don't want to or planned on selling anyway before this crap started? ---To be nice

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 01-06-2013, 03:32 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Question is WHY sell any gun you don't want to or planned on selling anyway before this crap started? ---To be nice
Please acually read the orginal post.
Its spelled out very simple and in bullet format even.

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Old 01-06-2013, 03:51 PM   #20

Quote:
I believe those of us who currently hold extra AR's should sell on the market at as reasonable a price as we can stomach.
Throw in a couple extra new factory wrapped PMags and some Ammo to boot.

Today I did just that.

To make money?

No, but to

- create more owners of so called "Assault Rifles", who now have a vested interested in resisting the soon to be attempted New Gun Grab.

- to spread out the tools of physical resistance to protect America

- to make our own small contribution to relieve the shortage

- To stick it to the man!!!
Quote:
Please acually read the orginal post.
Its spelled out very simple and in bullet format even.
I read it-
Did you understand what you're asking others to do

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET