Why those of us who have excess AR's should sell
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Why those of us who have excess AR's should sell

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 01:24 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,250
Liked 390 Times on 253 Posts
Likes Given: 1400

Default Why those of us who have excess AR's should sell

I believe those of us who currently hold extra AR's should sell on the market at as reasonable a price as we can stomach.
Throw in a couple extra new factory wrapped PMags and some Ammo to boot.

Today I did just that.

To make money?

No, but to

- create more owners of so called "Assault Rifles", who now have a vested interested in resisting the soon to be attempted New Gun Grab.

- to spread out the tools of physical resistance to protect America

- to make our own small contribution to relieve the shortage

- To stick it to the man!!!

__________________
https://www.numbersusa.com/content/

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:
Ruger GP100 Royal Phoenix

Last edited by bluez; 01-06-2013 at 01:28 AM.
bluez is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 01-06-2013, 02:54 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Detroit,mi
Posts: 2,872
Liked 897 Times on 546 Posts
Likes Given: 202

Default

You mean sport utility rifles?

__________________
partdeux is offline  
5
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:09 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,250
Liked 390 Times on 253 Posts
Likes Given: 1400

Default

remember I did use quotation marks..

__________________
https://www.numbersusa.com/content/

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:
Ruger GP100 Royal Phoenix
bluez is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:49 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dog2000tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,309
Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluez View Post
I believe those of us who currently hold extra AR's should sell on the market at as reasonable a price as we can stomach.
Throw in a couple extra new factory wrapped PMags and some Ammo to boot.

Today I did just that.

To make money?

No, but to

- create more owners of so called "Assault Rifles", who now have a vested interested in resisting the soon to be attempted New Gun Grab.

- to spread out the tools of physical resistance to protect America

- to make our own small contribution to relieve the shortage

- To stick it to the man!!!
or ..... we could just "acquire" the tools of physical resistance from those who would wish to oppress us
__________________

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

dog2000tj is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:51 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
silverado113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Eastern,Iowa
Posts: 2,994
Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Default

Or that person will flip it to make money.

__________________

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.


Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

silverado113 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:13 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,250
Liked 390 Times on 253 Posts
Likes Given: 1400

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
Or that person will flip it to make money.
make it expensive enough that flipping is not worth the effort. or make sure its a decent guy and sell it w/ the understanding he wont flip.

Come on guys this is a non brainer:

There is no reason for some of us to sit on a small hill of AR's, while our fellow citizens are handwringly emptying out their savings to what are basically scalpers.

I really thought this to be a common sense no brainer social service.

But I felt it was important to do my small part to help alleviate the glut the enemy caused , create political allies and make fellow americans more effective at fighting tyranny.

Its a win-win-win all around.
__________________
https://www.numbersusa.com/content/

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:
Ruger GP100 Royal Phoenix
bluez is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:14 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,250
Liked 390 Times on 253 Posts
Likes Given: 1400

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
or ..... we could just "acquire" the tools of physical resistance from those who would wish to oppress us
One more reason to make sure as many peopleas possible own AR's so they are familiar enough to make good use of captured equipment.
__________________
https://www.numbersusa.com/content/

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:
Ruger GP100 Royal Phoenix
bluez is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:17 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
silverado113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Eastern,Iowa
Posts: 2,994
Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluez View Post
make it expensive enough that flipping is not worth the effort. or make sure its a decent guy and sell it w/ the understanding he wont flip.

Come on guys this is a non brainer:

There is no reason for some of us to sit on a small hill of AR's, while our fellow citizens are handwringly emptying out their savings to what are basically scalpers.

I really thought this to be a common sense no brainer social service.

But I felt it was important to do my small part to help alleviate the glut the enemy caused , create political allies and make fellow americans more effective at fighting tyranny.

Its a win-win-win all around.
I'm a dealer so I conduct this social service on a daily basis also if a person pays 2k for what used to be a 800 AR on an auction site what's the problem?
__________________

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.


Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

silverado113 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:50 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kansas City,Kansas
Posts: 65
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluez
I believe those of us who currently hold extra AR's should sell on the market at as reasonable a price as we can stomach.
I have tried to convince 2 guys I know with several ARs to sell me one reasonably. One of them is selling his for $14-1600. The other is just going to sit on his.
Last week my LGS got several Windhams in while I was there, asking price was $1,399. This week for those same ARs $1,650. I told them they are just like the gas stations that raised gas prices on 9-11. I also told them I remember which stations did that and still don't fuel up there. Much like I won't stock up on anything from their shop.
Look I get supply and demand and the whole 9 yards but this whole thing is ridiculous. It won't stop as long as people shovel out the money for them though.
__________________
EagleDreamer is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:01 AM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
silverado113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Eastern,Iowa
Posts: 2,994
Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleDreamer View Post
I have tried to convince 2 guys I know with several ARs to sell me one reasonably. One of them is selling his for $14-1600. The other is just going to sit on his.
Last week my LGS got several Windhams in while I was there, asking price was $1,399. This week for those same ARs $1,650. I told them they are just like the gas stations that raised gas prices on 9-11. I also told them I remember which stations did that and still don't fuel up there. Much like I won't stock up on anything from their shop.
Look I get supply and demand and the whole 9 yards but this whole thing is ridiculous. It won't stop as long as people shovel out the money for them though.
I have 30 suppliers and I cannot get an AR or lower right now. Thankfully my business is not my only source of income but for those dealers who feed their family from AR sales what do you expect them to do? I have had a ton of people who just want something at MSRP or less so they can flip it. Think about it from the other side of the counter when you don't know when your next shipment will be and therefor you don't know when you'll just not have enough money to feed your family.
__________________

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.


Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

silverado113 is offline  
Agent_H Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
New to AR's salty2000 AR-15 Discussion 1 12-23-2012 05:45 PM
New to AR's and looking for help Calvin534 AR-15 Discussion 3 07-29-2012 08:28 PM
Kit AR's? Sickofnotliving AR-15 Discussion 35 04-05-2012 03:18 AM
All about AR's kvega15 AR-15 Discussion 6 01-20-2012 06:43 AM
POF - AR's Yunus AR-15 Discussion 5 10-05-2009 08:47 PM