Why are the small percentage of bad LEO's allowed to continue - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Why are the small percentage of bad LEO's allowed to continue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Some will disagree with me, but to me, it depends on the "corruption" you're talking about. I'm not one to sympathize with criminals, and actually view officers who are willing to "bend reality" a little bit to make sure a crook gets what's coming to them with high regard.

Some would call it corruption, or fighting fire with fire. I call it fighting fire with compressed carbon dioxide, water, and foam.

But when it boils down to a LEO using his or her power to extort or terrorize innocent people, then I agree, it's time for them to go. As for why *some* of them don't (because a lot really do get fired) my only guess is because the line between "corrupt" and "justified disregard" was quite blurry.

But thats just my .02

Old 01-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #12

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
Old saying- a community gets the police dept it deserves.

And vice versa.

I am fortunate- live in a rural area, good Sheriff's Dept. If it was not, would send Sheriff packing at the next election.

If you have a problem with your PD, the head reports to SOMEONE that is elected. Find out who, and fire his azz. Next election.
I live in a small community also and we have had some not so good sheriffs and they didnt last long.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2616 Times on 1442 Posts
Likes Given: 4148

Quote:
We've heard from LEO's that are tired of being bashed, but why are the very small percentage that give the rest a bad name allowed to continue
Because the police unions and the good cops stand up for the bad cops.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #14

Liked 54 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I personally despise the criminal justice system because I dont think it is hard enough on child molestors ,gang members and illegals. Personally I believe that if the common citizen would rise up and deal with the scum walking around that we could do a much better job. Im tired of paying taxes and seeing gang members everywhere I go here in Ca. I couldnt make it as a cop because if I arrested some of these people I would be to tempted to pull my patrol car over and bury them. Criminal justice system has turned into a catch and release business. As far as bad cops go they are always going to be around because they are just people and only God is perfect. Now days I follow the speed limit and all the laws as well as I can because I hate giving the govt any of my money. I refuse to donate any money to the Sherrifs dept as long as all these scumbags are walking around. I vote with my wallet.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #15

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius10721 View Post
Criminal justice system has turned into a catch and release business.
That's because people like you, me, and millions of others (the majority demographic in this country) have set by idle while zealous liberal bastards have shoved their agenda in the scene.

We set by silently while the squeaky wheel go the grease, and now we only scream foul at the outcome.

It will take the common man (and woman) to stand up to such idiot ideals BEFORE they take effect if we ever hope to have a more peaceful society.

Lawfulness is a product of consequence. Without consequence, people will do as they please...and that's what we have today.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Fork in the road........

It's called the Brother Hood...... If you want an honest Cop, Look in the mirror and see IF you qualify......If you need a cop in a hurry and more than one, just say cop down when you call 911.....

Old 01-17-2012, 04:27 AM   #17
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

We frequently hear about the bad apples (that Canton officer who threatened a CC citizen and got fired for it is one who comes to mind) but we rarely hear about the cop who let you go for driving 15 MPH over the limit. Or not coming to a full stop at the stop sign. I once was stopped late at night for blowing through a stop sign without even slowing down. He let me off. Why? Because I didn't rip into him for pulling me over. It was in a rural and unlighted location, 4-way stop, not a single vehicle in view. The officer was blacked out in a private road not visible from my direction of approach. I was polite and stated the facts and when he said "My vehicle was on the road." I replied with "No, sir, you were parked with your lights out on Indian Road, not mobile." He may have stopped me to see if I was drunk and was satisfied with my response (and the fact that I was not drunk).

Old 01-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3586 Times on 1841 Posts
Likes Given: 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
It's called the Brother Hood...... If you want an honest Cop, Look in the mirror and see IF you qualify......If you need a cop in a hurry and more than one, just say cop down when you call 911.....
Just a little jaded? Calling in a false report is a crime. You are advocating committing a crime to get the kind of response you desire?

Old 01-17-2012, 10:17 AM   #19
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 8934 Times on 5345 Posts
Likes Given: 11935

I live in a small town. When I first moved here we had a terrible police department. The chief was lazy and lax on his officers any pretty much let them do what they wanted. I asked to be appointed to the Fire and Police Commission in my town. I wanted to know the officers better and be a part of the hiring process. We went through 2 bad chiefs then we finally got a decent knowledgeable mayor (not just the most popular guy in town) and we got a very good, well educated, intelligent Chief of Police who wrote standards of behaviour and enforces them. All complaints are followed up and there have been times officers have been suspended for bad behaviour. I am quite proud of what our department had become over the years.

Genoa Police Department

(Check out Officer Klink. He is a Colonel of 2nd Battalion 24th Marines. And once he saved me from a very bad situation.)

Last edited by winds-of-change; 01-17-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Old 01-17-2012, 02:28 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Jaded......

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Just a little jaded? Calling in a false report is a crime. You are advocating committing a crime to get the kind of response you desire?
Tell me it's not true, and yes I know it's a false report......Here in the parrish I have the Constables cell phone # If I need a deputy in a hurry when he is on duty......The officers here really take their time answering calls......