Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Why is the Ruger LCP banned in Calif?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 02:36 AM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
I gotta say.... The trigger suuuuucks
The trigger does take some "getting used to", but it sure is a good
feeling to know it's always in my pocket. The LaserMax is nice to
have with it as well.

Bob

GeorgiaCarry.Org (GCO)

Old 11-20-2012, 03:12 AM   #42

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 68

and its accurate to 10 feet? imho i will keep my small frame s&w and just were enough to cover

Old 11-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #43

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

What little I saw and recall concerning California are Marine Boot Camp at MCRD, and Infantry training at Camp Pendleton. Going "ashore" on liberty there and San Francisco, I felt like an illigitimate child at a family reunion ! Marines weren't loved much by the general population and
I vowed never to return to those scenes. Different strokes for different folks, Texans didn't fit in.

NRA Lifer Since 1968
Former USMC
Former Texas NG

Old 11-20-2012, 09:43 PM   #44

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuate
What little I saw and recall concerning California are Marine Boot Camp at MCRD, and Infantry training at Camp Pendleton. Going "ashore" on liberty there and San Francisco, I felt like an illigitimate child at a family reunion ! Marines weren't loved much by the general population and
I vowed never to return to those scenes. Different strokes for different folks, Texans didn't fit in.
I don't fit in there and I'm not even in the military. I'm from a very conservative town in the valley though.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 11-23-2012, 01:14 PM   #45

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Not true, half of San Francisco, Marin and all of Palo Alto and Silicon Valley are on the east side of the San Andreas Fault. The fault lies 800 feet east of my house.
You wont be missed when Cali breaks off to go chill with Hawaii.

I JEST!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 11-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #46

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex

I don't fit in there and I'm not even in the military. I'm from a very conservative town in the valley though.
From the valley too, in fact I'm still here.

Most of California is red, geographically speaking. Most of the democrats come from the larger cities.

I can't really begin to understand the gun laws here. Although if I'm not mistaken the LCP with a 10 round mag is legal.

-Matt

Last edited by Blueguns; 11-23-2012 at 06:49 PM.

Old 11-24-2012, 12:40 AM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguns View Post
From the valley too, in fact I'm still here.

Most of California is red, geographically speaking. Most of the democrats come from the larger cities.

I can't really begin to understand the gun laws here. Although if I'm not mistaken the LCP with a 10 round mag is legal.
I've never seen an LCP with a 10 round magazine.

I believe that I've read that the LCP isn't legal to sell in Califonia. Could be wrong, though.

Bob

GeorgiaCarry.Org (GCO)

Last edited by etbob9; 11-24-2012 at 12:44 AM.

Old 11-24-2012, 12:48 AM   #48

Liked 4570 Times on 2210 Posts
Likes Given: 1379

I'd heard the LCP and most other mouse guns are banned in CA because the Libtards think this will reduce the shooting of innocent bystanders by rival gang bangers...

You see, it's generally recognized the ethnic criminals can't really hit anything beyond muzzle contact distance and allowing them "noisy crickets" would only make there marksmanship that much less effective...

...and a better question would be...WHY DOES ANYONE WHO'S HEAD IS NOT LODGED IN THERE ASS STILL RESIDE IN CA?

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 11-24-2012 at 12:51 AM.

Old 11-24-2012, 04:18 AM   #49

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1
I'd heard the LCP and most other mouse guns are banned in CA because the Libtards think this will reduce the shooting of innocent bystanders by rival gang bangers...

You see, it's generally recognized the ethnic criminals can't really hit anything beyond muzzle contact distance and allowing them "noisy crickets" would only make there marksmanship that much less effective...

...and a better question would be...WHY DOES ANYONE WHO'S HEAD IS NOT LODGED IN THERE ASS STILL RESIDE IN CA?
Some don't have a choice. All it is, is ruger isn't spending the $$ to have it drop tested, for whatever reason.

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 11-24-2012, 05:26 AM   #50

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by etbob9

I've never seen an LCP with a 10 round magazine.

I believe that I've read that the LCP isn't legal to sell in Califonia. Could be wrong, though.
Yes you may be correct, although Im relatively certain I saw an LCP in my LGS. I may be wrong, because I was more interested in the Colt Cobra in the other case.

-Matt