Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > why I support the NRA & GOA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Default why I support the NRA & GOA

Larry Pratt and his small but tenatious outfit is making the differance in the gun fight on capitol hill.

http://www.businessinsider.com/pro-gun-lobby-thwarts-bipartisan-gun-law-2013-4

NEVER FORGET

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-09-2013, 11:21 AM   #2

Liked 4787 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Why would Larry Pratt continue his attack on the NRA? Larry and his family owned business is a favorite of the Liberal Democrats. Anyone who attacks the NRA as not representing its members is saying what the anti gun movement wants to hear.
I would think Larry and his family would join with the 5 Million NRA members to defeat the Liberals. Chas. Shumer the most rabid gun control poltician in America would be the leader of the Senate if GOA would have had its way. Harry Reid NRA member is refusing moves to ban magazine and semi autos. GOA is not spending their money to fight gun control. The GOA {Pratt} family makes a damn good living from the membership.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:05 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5085 Times on 2892 Posts
Likes Given: 4248

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Why would Larry Pratt continue his attack on the NRA? Larry and his family owned business is a favorite of the Liberal Democrats. Anyone who attacks the NRA as not representing its members is saying what the anti gun movement wants to hear.
I would think Larry and his family would join with the 5 Million NRA members to defeat the Liberals. Chas. Shumer the most rabid gun control poltician in America would be the leader of the Senate if GOA would have had its way. Harry Reid NRA member is refusing moves to ban magazine and semi autos. GOA is not spending their money to fight gun control. The GOA {Pratt} family makes a damn good living from the membership.

NRA just isn't fanatical enough for some folks.

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

nitestalker Likes This 
Old 04-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post

NRA just isn't fanatical enough for some folks.
The nra supported harry reid in the last election. Radical enough for you ? If you would read the title of the thread it states I support both. It is like trying to push a chain dealing with you.

NEVER FORGET

People Like This 
Old 04-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #5

Liked 619 Times on 373 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I support both bc we as gun owners need to use ALL means available to stop this bs from some states and DC.

Old 04-09-2013, 05:45 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5085 Times on 2892 Posts
Likes Given: 4248

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
The nra supported harry reid in the last election. Radical enough for you ? If you would read the title of the thread it states I support both. It is like trying to push a chain dealing with you.
I read your post. I know you support the NRA.

My comment was aimed at GOA. IMHO, that group does more harm than good with their constant attacks on the NRA!

In the political arena, APPEARANCE counts. If your organization APPEARS to be a bunch of fanatics, you alienate potential allies.

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

Old 04-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #7

Liked 1394 Times on 729 Posts
Likes Given: 1920

We have the same arguments here in Canada between pro-gun groups.

The more the merrier, sez I. More pro-gun groups gives the appearance of a groundswell movement, which politicians fear. Multiple organizations also keep each other on their toes.

As a Canadian gun owner, I do not want a single organization representing my interests. Even though the organizations tell me how good that would be, I know human nature. Power corrupts. Gun control is as much about statism as it is about guns. Why would I want to create an oligarchy to protest the notion of an oligarchy?

I believe the GOA was founded by a U.S. Senator? I would think he knew a thing or two about how to influence politicians.

Anyway, I am a member and contribute to both our national orgs (and, btw to the NRA). I just sent a few bucks to this international one that looks good, too:

http://iapcar.org

I don't want to say how much I have wrapped up in guns and accessories, but it's a lot. Donating hundreds each year is a minor detail to what I spend shooting and hunting. I don't mind spreading it around a little bit.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Last edited by Rocky7; 04-09-2013 at 06:12 PM.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #8

Liked 4787 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

If the NRA had not of supported Harry Reid we would have an Assault Rifle Ban. If Harry Reid NRA Member had lost the senate Chas. Shumer of New York would now head that branch of congress.
Senator Shumer is the most anti gun politician in Washington DC. Harry Reid is from Nevada and needs the NRA support. He told Obama up front he would not introduce the AWB.
It is a wonder we survive with gun owners who have no understanding of our governmental procedures.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
If the NRA had not of supported Harry Reid we would have an Assault Rifle Ban. If Harry Reid NRA Member had lost the senate Chas. Shumer of New York would now head that branch of congress.
Senator Shumer is the most anti gun politician in Washington DC. Harry Reid is from Nevada and needs the NRA support. He told Obama up front he would not introduce the AWB.
It is a wonder we survive with gun owners who have no understanding of our governmental procedures.
Your man Harry speaks about republican fillerbuster on gun control.

NEVER FORGET

Old 04-09-2013, 08:36 PM   #10

Nitestalker, how did your man harry get so rich being a public servant ?

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/314025/how-did-harry-reid-get-rich-betsy-woodruff

Careful who you throw in with. Also he has 3 sons that are lobbiest on capitol hill. Family business is screwing the freedoms from citizens.

NEVER FORGET