Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Why dont we start a Pro 2A petition from FTF?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 01:27 PM   #51
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1338 Times on 791 Posts
Likes Given: 3322

Agreed.

How about taken all that has been posted, apply the K.I.S.S. principle to it, put into words that the average person can understand and then resubmit for discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Agree 100%. The petition can easily turn into a 60-volume tome reviewing history and examining specific situations and I'd like to avoid that.

Defeating the utopian air-heads means more than securing 2A rights. It also means capital punishment, ensuring individuals do no harm to others, abolishing redistribution of wealth schemes, etc. The petition isn't about all that.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Old 10-16-2012, 08:17 PM   #52

Liked 2392 Times on 1362 Posts
Likes Given: 1881

Quote:
Here's a first stab at it. Let me know what you think.
The Second Amendment in the Bill of Rights acknowledges the natural right of all individuals to protect their lives, property, wealth and liberty - "the security of a free state" - by use of force against a belligerent government or any other force intent on unjustly depriving individuals of these things.

Unfortunately, legislators over the past many decades have endeavored to erode that right in the name of decreasing crime and increasing safety.

Gun-control laws have proven themselves ineffective because criminals do not obey laws and do not acquire firearms from the same sources law-abiding citizens do. The citizens of Illinois - Chicago in particular - endure some of the most strict gun-control laws in the nation, yet 2,124 people have been shot in Chicago as of early October, 2012 resulting in 433 deaths. New York City, another city with extremely strict gun-control, has seen gun crime rise by 11% in 2012.

In contrast, states that have relaxed their gun-control laws and which have seen the largest increase in gun ownership by law-abiding citizens also have enjoyed the largest drop in violent crimes. Criminals are deterred when the risk of confronting someone able to defend him or herself is too high.

History shows the systematic disarming of populations leads to tyranny and genocide. Armenia, Germany, the Soviet Union, China, Guatemala, Uganda, Cambodia and other nations in the past century alone show clearly what happens when armed government thugs impose their will on a disarmed citizenry: genocide and mass-graves.

Legislators at all levels of government have openly shown contempt for reading bills, understanding the content of bills, and understanding the issues that prompted the drafting of a bill. A great deal of gun-control legislation has passed because legislators and executives are ignorant of issues. The result has been to penalize the law-abiding and create a safer environment for criminals. We are not suggesting that those in office today are surreptitiously working to increase crime or working to impose a totalitarian regime. We are stating definitively that those in office today are unwittingly opening the door for these things to happen in the future.

This is unacceptable.

In light of the irrefutable facts that:
  • Gun-control legislation imposes restrictions on the law-abiding, not criminals;
  • Gun-control legislation enables higher rates of violent crime;
  • Gun-control, leading incrementally to disarmament, results in tyranny and mass-murder;
  • Good-intentioned but ignorant legislators and executives are ultimately responsible for gun-control legislation, that:

We, the undersigned, pledge:
  • To refuse to obey any further abuse of one of our natural rights specifically enumerated in our Bill of Rights;
  • To refuse to provide any support whatsoever to any elected official who advocates gun-control legislation (either the enforcement of existing laws or creation of new laws);
  • To actively support in every way all elected officials or prospective candidates who actively work to repeal gun-control legislation and who refuse to endorse future gun-control legislation.
  • To meet force with force, should it become necessary to do so.
JD isn't fond of the last line. Here's my take. As Washington eloquently observed, government is force. That's all it is. Refusal to obey laws - even illegal and unjust laws - will ultimately be met with the threat of lethal force. My objective is to politely convey that the threat or use of force will be returned.

Our system of government is the best on the planet; I do not advocate any violence on anyone. I do not advocate in any way overthrowing those in government. But I do advocate the common-sense rule that if someone means to force you to do something unreasonable and threatens you with violence if you don't comply that you should know you are free and right to return the gesture.

If we are willing to die for our rights, we are certainly willing to kill for them.
Hey, I spent four years of my life, in the armed forces, defending our

country from threats from outside our borders.

Can I do any less, to combat threats to our Constitution, and

way of life, from within our borders?

I'LL sign, and I hope you don't like it !
Old 10-16-2012, 11:27 PM   #53

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

I think the petition is good in its current state. Anyone could nitpick it to death, maybe just add a provision that prevents violent criminals from buying guns until after they are off probation, and have no probation violations.

-Matt

Old 10-17-2012, 09:45 PM   #54

Liked 2392 Times on 1362 Posts
Likes Given: 1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguns View Post
I think the petition is good in its current state. Anyone could nitpick it to death, maybe just add a provision that prevents violent criminals from buying guns until after they are off probation, and have no probation violations.
How about mercilessly punishing illegal behavior in the first place?

That, combined with the fear of being shot dead by a LAC with

a gun should straighten most of those pansies out.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:07 PM   #55
bkt

Liked 1302 Times on 661 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
How about mercilessly punishing illegal behavior in the first place?

That, combined with the fear of being shot dead by a LAC with

a gun should straighten most of those pansies out.
That, or a noose at the hands of the state as punishment for violent crimes. I don't believe a citizen is a citizen if all his or her rights are not respected. If someone self-revokes their rights by committing horrible crimes against others, that's on them. The consequences should be such that they aren't ever released back into society.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #56

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
That, or a noose at the hands of the state as punishment for violent crimes. I don't believe a citizen is a citizen if all his or her rights are not respected. If someone self-revokes their rights by committing horrible crimes against others, that's on them. The consequences should be such that they aren't ever released back into society.
seriously ..... bkt for President!

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Dillinger Likes This 
Old 10-17-2012, 10:26 PM   #57

Liked 370 Times on 263 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj

seriously ..... bkt for President!
I will second that!

NEVER TAKE A SLEEPING PILL AND A LAXATIVE IN THE SAME NIGHT

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 10-17-2012, 11:26 PM   #58
bkt

Liked 1302 Times on 661 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Romney's a liberal moderate having difficulty against Obama with all the failures Obama has under his belt. Anyone who looks at Ron Paul as a kook will look at me as a psychopathic freak show. I take pride in being unelectable.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #59

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Romney's a liberal moderate having difficulty against Obama with all the failures Obama has under his belt. Anyone who looks at Ron Paul as a kook will look at me as a psychopathic freak show. I take pride in being unelectable.
it could happen with a write in campaign

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 10-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #60
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1338 Times on 791 Posts
Likes Given: 3322

bkt for the office of the Hanging Judge and POTUS on the side.

Quote:
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
dog2000tj Likes This