Why dont we start a Pro 2A petition from FTF? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Why dont we start a Pro 2A petition from FTF?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 05:17 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3736 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

maybe, maybe not ... but when a Politician get a petition from 40k+ people regarding a specific issue ... they WOULD pay attention

I think it's a good idea, one FTF should consider

We are many ... maybe we can be more

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

People Like This 
Old 10-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #12
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6638 Times on 3328 Posts
Likes Given: 7150

We have about 4 or 5 big thought wholesalers like AARP trying to co-opt the how America will vote theme. They have lost much of their influence over the years sitting at the negotiating table too long with Repubi-Crat Bi-Parts and selling our votes for a discount rate without keeping their eye on the ball.

One Member PMed me a version they wrote that was pretty solid. I will leave it to him to post but the idea was good.

It should be short and sweet (Just like 2A and the other A's). It should re-establish the original simple phrasing as the only basis for law and throw out all of the State and Federal sublaws that have been added over the years FOOG. Finally, it should clearly state that any compromise on these simple principles will be treated as an attack on the Citizens of the USA and our money and votes will go to nobody with a thought of doing so.

Ignorance of the law is truly the best and most reasonable excuse nowadays for failure to comply. How can John and Jane Q really follow a law they cant even translate without a $400 per hour attorney?

Repubi-Crats enter office swearing allegiance to the founding principles then when they get in they start immediately bastardizing, redefining and characterizing actions and activities into sub topics. Honestly, none of the new laws fix any issues were living today that the old laws didnt do without them.

Assault, Robbery, Rape, Murder and Battery have always been against the law in this nation. Truly, violating anyone elses BOR freedoms and Rights and failing to live up to your responsibilities as a Citizen are punishable, other laws that dont directly come from a 10th grade reading level are just a waste of paper and a direct infringement on our BOR.

There was a reason the Founders penned the Phrase, "A More Perfect Union" instead of "A Perfect Union", they knew demanding perfect from humans was an impossible and destructive notion that would Do more damage than good. Bad people will always do bad things even if you have good law, no law should limit the rights of the many to attempt to thwart the misguided lack of principles by the few that will never follow the laws of Man anyways!

Old 10-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #13
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Instead of "signing up" and continually throwing cold water on everything with that vast expanse of brain matter you possess, perhaps you could just run point on an excellent idea from one of the Supporting Members?

You're clearly one of the most qualified legal and technical writers here, and you're definitely anti establishment (in the form of the government) I would think that you revel in knowing that your words collected thousands of signatures.

He clearly wants to get a petition of FTF members that says we support 2A and we vote. Something we can send to a representative in every state, from a voting populace, that clearly states the following:

"We aren't alone. We aren't few. We are many and if you want to f*ck with 2A, we will make sure your lucrative career choice is as short as your dick."

I think the idea has merit worth more than just simply dismissing it with the wave of a hand.

JD
Challenge accepted. I sent you a PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:57 PM   #14
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21985 Times on 12396 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i agree that sending a petition to elected officials as to our numbers is good to let them know that we are many, we do vote and we care about our constitutional rights and freedoms. sending petitions with thousands of names attached is a way of letting them know we care and we are concerned enough to sign petitions to raise awareness about these issues.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #15

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

So I gave writing one a try. (Same one I sent you Webley)

This petition is to serve purpose as such listed below. Anyone who is to sign this, is petitioning their local congressman/woman(s) or other elected officials to uphold these principles in voting.
1. No forms of firearm control/anti 2nd Amendment legislation are to occur under any circumstance, excluding that of which a person has been convicted of violent criminal acts/felonies.
2.No registration, licensing or extensive background research will be required when purchasing a firearm, or multiple firearms. Background checks/and researches are limited to the checking of an online database of convicted felons.
3. All types of firearms shall be lawful to purchase and possess, with the provisions of item number two on this petition. This includes all types of fully automatic weapons.
4. A firearm is defined as following; A weapon capable of firing a projectile and using an explosive charge as a propellant.
5. There shall be no waiting periods for any type of firearm purchases, and/or any type of limit as to the quantity of firearms or ammunition one can purchase in a certain amount of time
6. There shall be no limit to the amount of firearms/ammunition one can possess at any given time.

What do you think?

-Matt

Last edited by Blueguns; 10-14-2012 at 04:07 PM.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:14 PM   #16

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

I think it looks good but for convicted felons it should be drug and violent felonies.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:26 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex View Post
I think it looks good but for convicted felons it should be drug and violent felonies.
personally i think it should be those convicted of any violent crime and those who have been convicted of a non-violent crime can have their gun rights restored say five years after finishing their sentence or probation.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:32 PM   #18

I knew when I wrote the felony part would be controversial. I don't think felons should be allowed to have guns. But then again, when do criminals follow laws? If they needed one they can just buy it illegally. Let's see where this one goes, I'll edit the sections that the general populace on here disagrees with, and make a final draft.

-Matt

Old 10-14-2012, 04:40 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguns View Post
I knew when I wrote the felony part would be controversial. I don't think felons should be allowed to have guns. But then again, when do criminals follow laws? If they needed one they can just buy it illegally. Let's see where this one goes, I'll edit the sections that the general populace on here disagrees with, and make a final draft.
BlueGuns i agree with you on the felons not abiding by the law in the first place and any new laws are not going to be observed by them either. the anti gunners have been at that one for years and we know how that works!

lets say someone were convicted of felony tax evasion? now they are a convicted felon and under current law are prohibited from possessing a firearm. should they be allowed or not allowed to own a firearm, say after five years of completing their sentence or probation?

Old 10-14-2012, 05:48 PM   #20

Yes, they should be. Ill edit that in my final draft. Isn't there a gov"t database that has all the convicted felons listed and their crime. If so, then I could change item #2 to say all persons convicted of a sexual assault type felony, violent type felony, and possession/distribution of illegal contraband type felony. If there is not such a database (or only one that just lists felons and not their crimes) then wont that cost a lot of money?

-Matt