Why dont we start a Pro 2A petition from FTF?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Why dont we start a Pro 2A petition from FTF?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012, 11:51 AM   #1
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5953 Times on 2944 Posts
Likes Given: 6322

Default Why dont we start a Pro 2A petition from FTF?

OK, lots of groups run around and collect signatures for petitions on subjects they have a passion for, why not FTF? Its a pretty good bet most of us could agree that our 2a rights must be protected and defended instead of manipulated and molested.

Weve got some great voices here and some healthy numbers behind them. Weve all signed off on at least one or two of the internet petitions from folks we have no clue about (I did, now I get all kinds of trash mail from Dick Morass).

Why doesnt someone write up a blurb in support of our 2A and see if we can amass enough signatures to get some attention. Something we could forward to our reps and Political party wonks and tell them how we feel "Nation Wide Style". It might just help grow our membership also!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-13-2012, 03:40 PM   #2

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

I'm all for it, not sure how to write proper format for a petition though.

-Matt

Old 10-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #3

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

I'd rather support the 2A culture by getting people in my circle into shooting. Shooters buy guns and then begin to see the light about protecting our rights.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 10-13-2012, 09:39 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 396 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 588

I read somewhere that online petitions don't have the force of law that petitions signed and dated in person do. If we could circulate a paper petition we might get something done.

Hey..... what's the red button do?

Old 10-13-2012, 09:46 PM   #5

Liked 1355 Times on 833 Posts
Likes Given: 314

What would you have the petition say that the Constitution does not already say?

Hey... Hey, whatdoya say
lets win
for Con 2A

Goooooooooooo team!

No petition can carry more weight than the original document. It would be a waste of elctrons.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 10-14-2012, 01:03 AM   #6
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
What would you have the petition say that the Constitution does not already say?

Hey... Hey, whatdoya say
lets win
for Con 2A

Goooooooooooo team!

No petition can carry more weight than the original document. It would be a waste of elctrons.
Funny, it seems to me politicians promising loot to prospective voters in direct violation of the constitution works wonders. Maybe expending a little energy educating others might be in order.

But before I sign anything, let's nail down a few things.

1. What's the purpose of the petition?

2. Who are you petitioning?

3. What is the message?

4. What, if anything, are we pledging in our unity?
Old 10-14-2012, 02:57 AM   #7

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

I'd be up for it.

Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.

Old 10-14-2012, 03:09 AM   #8

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post

But before I sign anything, let's nail down a few things.

1. What's the purpose of the petition?

2. Who are you petitioning?

3. What is the message?

4. What, if anything, are we pledging in our unity?
Instead of "signing up" and continually throwing cold water on everything with that vast expanse of brain matter you possess, perhaps you could just run point on an excellent idea from one of the Supporting Members?

You're clearly one of the most qualified legal and technical writers here, and you're definitely anti establishment (in the form of the government) I would think that you revel in knowing that your words collected thousands of signatures.

He clearly wants to get a petition of FTF members that says we support 2A and we vote. Something we can send to a representative in every state, from a voting populace, that clearly states the following:

"We aren't alone. We aren't few. We are many and if you want to f*ck with 2A, we will make sure your lucrative career choice is as short as your dick."

I think the idea has merit worth more than just simply dismissing it with the wave of a hand.

JD
Old 10-14-2012, 03:15 AM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5510 Times on 2877 Posts
Likes Given: 358

just for the record petitions dont mean much of anything. they kinda came about because of the misunderstanding of the right to petition the government.

it doesnt mean a bunch of uninterested people sign a piece of paper. it means you can go to your senator congressman etc and argue for things you think need done. what petition the government means is what we call lobbying today.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-14-2012, 04:14 AM   #10
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21302 Times on 12086 Posts
Likes Given: 53065

sounds like an awesome idea.