Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Why dont we start a Pro 2A petition from FTF? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/why-dont-we-start-pro-2a-petition-ftf-74238/)

WebleyFosbery38 10-13-2012 11:51 AM

Why dont we start a Pro 2A petition from FTF?

OK, lots of groups run around and collect signatures for petitions on subjects they have a passion for, why not FTF? Its a pretty good bet most of us could agree that our 2a rights must be protected and defended instead of manipulated and molested.

Weve got some great voices here and some healthy numbers behind them. Weve all signed off on at least one or two of the internet petitions from folks we have no clue about (I did, now I get all kinds of trash mail from Dick Morass).

Why doesnt someone write up a blurb in support of our 2A and see if we can amass enough signatures to get some attention. Something we could forward to our reps and Political party wonks and tell them how we feel "Nation Wide Style". It might just help grow our membership also!

Blueguns 10-13-2012 03:40 PM

I'm all for it, not sure how to write proper format for a petition though.

CHLChris 10-13-2012 03:43 PM

I'd rather support the 2A culture by getting people in my circle into shooting. Shooters buy guns and then begin to see the light about protecting our rights.

RJMercer 10-13-2012 09:39 PM

I read somewhere that online petitions don't have the force of law that petitions signed and dated in person do. If we could circulate a paper petition we might get something done.

Chainfire 10-13-2012 09:46 PM

What would you have the petition say that the Constitution does not already say?

Hey... Hey, whatdoya say
lets win
for Con 2A

Goooooooooooo team!

No petition can carry more weight than the original document. It would be a waste of elctrons.

bkt 10-14-2012 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainfire (Post 975449)
What would you have the petition say that the Constitution does not already say?

Hey... Hey, whatdoya say
lets win
for Con 2A

Goooooooooooo team!

No petition can carry more weight than the original document. It would be a waste of elctrons.

Funny, it seems to me politicians promising loot to prospective voters in direct violation of the constitution works wonders. Maybe expending a little energy educating others might be in order.

But before I sign anything, let's nail down a few things.

1. What's the purpose of the petition?

2. Who are you petitioning?

3. What is the message?

4. What, if anything, are we pledging in our unity?

beastmode986 10-14-2012 02:57 AM

I'd be up for it.

Dillinger 10-14-2012 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkt (Post 975648)

But before I sign anything, let's nail down a few things.

1. What's the purpose of the petition?

2. Who are you petitioning?

3. What is the message?

4. What, if anything, are we pledging in our unity?

Instead of "signing up" and continually throwing cold water on everything with that vast expanse of brain matter you possess, perhaps you could just run point on an excellent idea from one of the Supporting Members?

You're clearly one of the most qualified legal and technical writers here, and you're definitely anti establishment (in the form of the government) I would think that you revel in knowing that your words collected thousands of signatures.

He clearly wants to get a petition of FTF members that says we support 2A and we vote. Something we can send to a representative in every state, from a voting populace, that clearly states the following:

"We aren't alone. We aren't few. We are many and if you want to f*ck with 2A, we will make sure your lucrative career choice is as short as your dick."

I think the idea has merit worth more than just simply dismissing it with the wave of a hand.

JD

JonM 10-14-2012 03:15 AM

just for the record petitions dont mean much of anything. they kinda came about because of the misunderstanding of the right to petition the government.

it doesnt mean a bunch of uninterested people sign a piece of paper. it means you can go to your senator congressman etc and argue for things you think need done. what petition the government means is what we call lobbying today.

Axxe55 10-14-2012 04:14 AM

sounds like an awesome idea.:D