Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Why do you need an AR-15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 09:43 PM   #81
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2223 Times on 1113 Posts
Likes Given: 1142

Why do we need to have ARs and AK variants! Because it is our Constitutional Right.
Obviously I think not only for protection against a tyrannical government but to also protect Americans and our country from being over ran by other countries and groups. As with Isoroku Yamamoto a Marshal Admiral of the Japanese military stated during World War II. In essence, he stated "we will not attack the US Homeland because there would be a gun behind every blade of grass". Our stupid politicians do not know anything about history or they do not care! Probably the later they only care about themselves! And they certainly do not think any farther than their noses! Who do you think China, Russia and the Terrorists groups are more affraid of. Our military or the citizens of the United States who can presently stand and defend themselves and their country because of the weapons, ARs, AK Variants and other weapons and the capacity of 20, 30 round Magazines. To take them away just makes the good law abining citizen more vaulnerable! Like the schools the movie theater and others like shooting fish in the barrel. Not to mention assualts by the criminals on our homes and other places. They probably will not come honoring some stupid laws and with a pistol or rifle limited to 7 or 10 rounds.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 01-31-2013 at 05:49 PM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-31-2013, 05:17 AM   #82

Liked 40 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostUSA556 View Post
I think it's funny that a lot of the people that fought and died for this country are for the 2nd but most against it didn't.
That's because liberals only like to argue not fight

Old 01-31-2013, 05:52 AM   #83
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 881 Times on 587 Posts
Likes Given: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovco View Post
I'm strongly against everyone having an AR15.

... there are other choices like AR10s, FALs, AKs etc.
Lololololol

I have both AR15's and an 10.

One reason I have a 15, is so I can have a weapon to shoot the cash of 5.56 ammo I have amassed. Would seem silly to have the rounds, and nothing to shoot them in.

Last edited by AR10; 01-31-2013 at 05:56 AM.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:18 PM   #84
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1649 Times on 981 Posts
Likes Given: 808

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
You mean you knew exactly what smilie icon I was going to use? Wow! You are a mind reader. I'm glad I didn't disappoint you. You don't like me very much do you? I know that I ate your lunch on the .243 discussion, but that's no reason to hate me. BTW, this whole thread is not anything about a "valid argument," but about one's OPINION about why they need an AR-15. My opinion is that they are freaking butt ugly and lfe is too short to own an ugly gun. That is my opinion and you are entitled to yours.
CT
I do not hate you! As a matter of fact I respect you for speak your mind even though we do not agree with the facts here or in the 243 discussion. You are prime example of a person who, even when presents with logic and fact, refuse to budge in your OPINION, but that sir is your RIGHT, which I fought for.
But when it comes to our RIGHTS I do not respect your cowardly approach to this!! No hated rid here, just pity!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 01-31-2013, 03:07 PM   #85

Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
I do not hate you! As a matter of fact I respect you for speak your mind even though we do not agree with the facts here or in the 243 discussion. You are prime example of a person who, even when presents with logic and fact, refuse to budge in your OPINION, but that sir is your RIGHT, which I fought for.
But when it comes to our RIGHTS I do not respect your cowardly approach to this!! No hated rid here, just pity!!!

Oh come on. Admit it. You hate me.
CT

Old 01-31-2013, 04:17 PM   #86

Liked 61 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop

Oh come on. Admit it. You hate me.
CT
I don't hate you , I just disagree with you as strongly as you disagree with me.

Want to let them erode your rights and work their way up to taking your more " normal" weapons? Go ahead.

By the time they take firearms from those of us who are fighting now, 2/3 rds of the people who are armed would then have no reason to fight for or with the 1/3 of people who will not stand with us now.

Your choice of course, but you may well remember my words and prediction later.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:32 PM   #87

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesmar View Post
Want to let them erode your rights and work their way up to taking your more " normal" weapons? Go ahead.
There's an old saying: "Give em' an inch and they'll take a mile." and it's very true in their little "War on Guns". If we let them get one class of firearm(like we did in the '34 NFA) then they'll keep at it until ALL firearms are gone.
That's why I don't like the "felon can't own a gun" crap in the '68 GCA. It only opens the door for them to find more and more reasons to label otherwise law abiding gun owners as "felons" so they can take their guns. Now Misdemeanor Domestic Violence will get you're "Right" to own firearms revoked, what total B.S., the only folks that should not be able to own a firearm is someone who's locked up. Once you serve your time and pay for your crime then you should get ALL of your Rights back. If you can't be trusted with those Rights then you need to stay locked up.
This is the War Room!"

Old 01-31-2013, 04:52 PM   #88
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19997 Times on 11368 Posts
Likes Given: 50443

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNFrank View Post
There's an old saying: "Give em' an inch and they'll take a mile." and it's very true in their little "War on Guns". If we let them get one class of firearm(like we did in the '34 NFA) then they'll keep at it until ALL firearms are gone.
That's why I don't like the "felon can't own a gun" crap in the '68 GCA. It only opens the door for them to find more and more reasons to label otherwise law abiding gun owners as "felons" so they can take their guns. Now Misdemeanor Domestic Violence will get you're "Right" to own firearms revoked, what total B.S., the only folks that should not be able to own a firearm is someone who's locked up. Once you serve your time and pay for your crime then you should get ALL of your Rights back. If you can't be trusted with those Rights then you need to stay locked up.
to a point i agree with you. if a person commited a felony with a firearm, then they should never be allowed to own a firearm legally. now if the felony was non-violent, then say after a certain period of time they should have their gun ownership rights restored. now this is just my opinion on the matter.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 01-31-2013, 04:53 PM   #89
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Alright fine! cottontop needs some hate. Jeeze, cry some more.

My rates are 2 dollars per hate post and for the smokin deal of 100 dollars I'll stalk you across the forum and hate on your comments whether I agree with them or not. Send me a PM for payment info. I look forward to doing business with you.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson
People Like This 
Old 01-31-2013, 04:56 PM   #90

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

If a person commits a felony with a firearm then they either need to stay locked up or given the death penalty depending on what went down. That being said, NO LAW is going to stop a criminal who wants a gun from getting one. All it does is stop someone who may have messed up once in his life and who is otherwise law abiding from being able to protect himself or his family and IMHO that's just wrong to punish someone for life AFTER he's supposedly paid for his crime by jail time or probation. That's just my opinion on the matter.

This is the War Room!"