Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Why do you need an AR-15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 10:50 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 310 Times on 217 Posts
Likes Given: 536

Default mind reader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
He doesn't understand the concept of liberty, the one that millions of American have suffered, been tortured and died for, so he can say what he wants. If the Constitution isn't worth fighting for, did all those men die for nothing?

How do you know what "He doesn't understand...?"
I'm sure the "He" is referring to me, as if I'm not even here and you can talk about me. Are you a mind reader? You don't know me (and I'm glad he doesn't) and you don't know what I'm thinking. I was never referring to the Constitution. This thread is about the AR-15 and why one needs one. I simply said that I don't want one. Life is too short to own an ugly gun. And man, they are UGLY!
BTW, I am not going to physically fight anyone. If I fight, it is by paying my taxes so that the military and LE, those who are trained for fighting, will be paid to fight for all of us.
CT

Old 01-29-2013, 11:02 PM   #72

Liked 33 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 75

Because most home invasions are carried out by an average of three assailants and a double-barrelled shotgun, like Joe Biden said is best, just won't cut it.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:19 AM   #73
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1259 Times on 787 Posts
Likes Given: 671

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post

CT
This is the EXACT response I expected from you. When you have no valid argument and can't answer the questions intelligently you make light of the truth!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 01-30-2013, 03:31 PM   #74

Liked 310 Times on 217 Posts
Likes Given: 536

Default icons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
This is the EXACT response I expected from you. When you have no valid argument and can't answer the questions intelligently you make light of the truth!

You mean you knew exactly what smilie icon I was going to use? Wow! You are a mind reader. I'm glad I didn't disappoint you. You don't like me very much do you? I know that I ate your lunch on the .243 discussion, but that's no reason to hate me. BTW, this whole thread is not anything about a "valid argument," but about one's OPINION about why they need an AR-15. My opinion is that they are freaking butt ugly and lfe is too short to own an ugly gun. That is my opinion and you are entitled to yours.
CT

Old 01-30-2013, 03:55 PM   #75

Liked 617 Times on 414 Posts
Likes Given: 581

This is why.... All these all happened within the last 5 years...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuhKCiY-lu0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt5-GO2--aw

This just happened about a month ago, about two blocks from MY house...
http://www.kvoa.com/news/three-points-woman-injured-in-gun-battle-while-protecting-her-home/

Old 01-30-2013, 04:07 PM   #76

Liked 257 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I'm strongly against everyone having an AR15.

... there are other choices like AR10s, FALs, AKs etc.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:30 PM   #77
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4722 Times on 2695 Posts
Likes Given: 3744

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
BTW, this whole thread is not anything about a "valid argument," but about one's OPINION about why they need an AR-15. My opinion is that they are freaking butt ugly and lfe is too short to own an ugly gun. That is my opinion and you are entitled to yours.
CT
Cotton, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You like blue steel and walnut, I like anodized aluminum, and plastic.

But this thread was intended to show that both of us are entitled to own whatever we consider desirable without having to meet some liberal jackass's artificial "standard of need."

Over the years I have known several very snobbish "blued steel and walnut" afficianados who had no objections at all to outlawing paramilitary weapons. They actually supported it.

If they stand on the sideline and watch while the weapons I love are confiscated, why shouldn't I stand and watch later on when their high brow "works of art" are confiscated??

That was the original intent of the thread.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:32 PM   #78
Unpopulist
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

My AR is the one rifle I would keep if I could only keep one. Simply because I can fire .223, 5.56 and 22lr out of the same barrel and the most I have to do is swap the bolt out. Its a marvel of engineering and just like a 375 hp, twin turbo boxer 4 cylinder engine, it is beautiful because it's more powerful and versatile than it should have any right to be.

Also:

Its accurate, It's light, It's easy to use and It's easy to service.

It's the reason I feel confident in not only defending myself, but my family, my neighbors and my block if I have to.

It's the reason our government is wary of it's own people, the way it was intended.

It's what our founding fathers would say is not just our right but our responsibility to own. Because they believed that a well regulated militia, not the governments army, was necessary to the security of a free state.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson
People Like This 
Old 01-30-2013, 05:54 PM   #79

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I think it's funny that a lot of the people that fought and died for this country are for the 2nd but most against it didn't.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:43 PM   #80
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4477 Times on 2360 Posts
Likes Given: 255

just remember to fight facts with facts and refrain from using ye olde "your just *insert insult here* rejoinder.

just a pro-tip.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This