Why do you need an AR-15 - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Why do you need an AR-15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 02:28 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
To use your venacular, I guess I will sit on the sidelines. To use mine, I see no reason to fight. Fight who? About what? At my age and physical condition, I choose to pick my battles. I have no beef against the government. They are not coming to get our guns. I have heard this bunk for 50 years and I still have whatever gun I want. Just so happens that what I want is not the same as what a lot of others want. And that's their problem not mine. There is just too much money involved in the sporting arms industry for it to ever go away. I hope you are no longer confused on my point of view. If you will just keep an OPEN MIND, you will understand what I am saying.
CT
That's exactly how rights are taken away. The "it's not my problem" mentality is why we already have so many gun control laws. After they come after ours, they will come after yours. It IS your problem.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:44 AM   #62
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

Maybe we should really be asking "why do you need a 700HP Corvette Sports Car?" Oh, yes, I remember, because it's a FREE COUNTRY and as long as I don't break the law with it then I can own it.

This is the War Room!"

Old 01-29-2013, 06:00 AM   #63

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts

because the citizens need maximum protection from this countries corrupt government & scumbag criminals

Old 01-29-2013, 01:47 PM   #64
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1969 Times on 1165 Posts
Likes Given: 936

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNFrank View Post
Maybe we should really be asking "why do you need a 700HP Corvette Sports Car?" Oh, yes, I remember, because it's a FREE COUNTRY and as long as I don't break the law with it then I can own it.
I use the same argument, but I go one step further by pointing out that cars are are not a RIGHT guaranteed by the BILL OF RIGHTS and guns are!!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

TNFrank Likes This 
Old 01-29-2013, 01:58 PM   #65
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1969 Times on 1165 Posts
Likes Given: 936

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
To use your venacular, I guess I will sit on the sidelines. To use mine, I see no reason to fight. Fight who? About what? At my age and physical condition, I choose to pick my battles. I have no beef against the government. They are not coming to get our guns. I have heard this bunk for 50 years and I still have whatever gun I want. Just so happens that what I want is not the same as what a lot of others want. And that's their problem not mine. There is just too much money involved in the sporting arms industry for it to ever go away. I hope you are no longer confused on my point of view. If you will just keep an OPEN MIND, you will understand what I am saying.
CT
Cotton,
I do have an open mind about this and I would refer you to HISTORY if you have an open mind!!!
This is not about 'sporting arms' and if you consider this 'bunk' you are the one who is not open minded, but of the progressive mindset.
I am of about the same vintage as you and if you do not consider this a battle worth 'picking' I truly pity you!! If the BILL OF RIGHTS is not worth 'picking' as a battle worth fighting I don't know what is. Can you tell me what 'battle' is worth 'picking' in your world????????

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 01-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #66

Default your mind is closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
Cotton,
I do have an open mind about this and I would refer you to HISTORY if you have an open mind!!!
This is not about 'sporting arms' and if you consider this 'bunk' you are the one who is not open minded, but of the progressive mindset.
I am of about the same vintage as you and if you do not consider this a battle worth 'picking' I truly pity you!! If the BILL OF RIGHTS is not worth 'picking' as a battle worth fighting I don't know what is. Can you tell me what 'battle' is worth 'picking' in your world????????

CT

Old 01-29-2013, 10:01 PM   #67
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau

Cotton,
He doesn't understand the concept of liberty, the one that millions of American have suffered, been tortured and died for, so he can say what he wants. If the Constitution isn't worth fighting for, did all those men die for nothing?
image-2390825506.jpg  

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 01-29-2013, 10:15 PM   #68
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2039 Times on 1067 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA

He doesn't understand the concept of liberty, the one that millions of American have suffered, been tortured and died for, so he can say what he wants. If the Constitution isn't worth fighting for, did all those men die for nothing?
Every real combat veteran I have ever spoken to, including my father who fought in the Pacific in WW2 - has told me emphatically that they fought for their buddies, the guys in their unit, not for the right to vote, or the second amendment, or any amendment for that matter. It was about respect and survival not Stars and Stripes. That stuff you mention is Hollywood glorification of war.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:18 PM   #69
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter

Every real combat veteran I have ever spoken to, including my father who fought in the Pacific in WW2 - has told me emphatically that they fought for their buddies, the guys in their unit, not for the right to vote, or the second amendment, or any amendment for that matter. It was about respect and survival not Stars and Stripes. That stuff you mention is Hollywood glorification of war.
I'm more or less referring to the Revolutionary War.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 01-29-2013, 10:40 PM   #70

Default war hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post

This is exactly what my son has told me. He is a former sniper whp was deployed to Afghanistan and was a decorated war hero.
CT