Why do you need an AR-15 - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Why do you need an AR-15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 08:40 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21 Times on 15 Posts

Need has nothing to do with it.

However, if you want to make it about need, look up the video footage from the LA riots or the video footage after Katrina. You can find lots of vids of people protecting their homes and families with AR-15s. Apparently, the AR-15 with a 30 round mag is enough to convince an angry mob or a bunch of looters to leave you alone -- even without firing so much as a single shot.

Also, there has been an increase in residential burglary in several areas of the country. These often involve multiple burglars -- a single burglar seems to now be the exception and not the rule. I have actually seen several residential burglaries over the last few months involving 4 or 5 home invaders who are usually armed - sometimes with knives or crowbars but just as often with handguns.

Lastly, does anyone really think they plan to stop at tactical rifles or high capacity magazines? Anyone bothered to read over some of the antigun websites? Here is a brief preview:
1. Handguns are easy to conceal and a person can carry several. Their small size and concealability makes them extremely dangerous, hence, they should be banned.
2. Scoped rifles, or sniper rifles, are capable of long range surgical precision. They can be used from great distances which allows the shooter to remain hidden. The range and precision of such rifles makes them extremely dangerous, hence, they should be banned. Their definition of sniper rifle would include virtually any scoped hunting rifle.
3. Shotguns fire a blast of multiple pellets that inaccurately scatter over a wide area. They could be used to attack large crowds of people. Hence, they should be banned. They do not say anything about an exception for hunting or sporting shotguns - just that they should be banned.

Get the idea? Their plan is "if it is a gun, it should be banned".

Last edited by weapon; 01-28-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Rarity Likes This 
Old 01-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #52

Liked 81 Times on 64 Posts

To protect your family from the crazy ass people out there

image-3401045538.jpg  

Last edited by hq357; 01-28-2013 at 11:49 AM.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #53

The right question is why do you "want" one. Then I think you can see from these answers that it our RIGHT and DESIRE as a FREE people to keep and bear arms. Just like other freedoms. It's a right. Not a matter of opinion.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:20 PM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1887 Times on 1109 Posts
Likes Given: 897

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
I guess my question to you is:
Are you going to stand and fight the government here or just set on the side lines??? Your post was not clear on this.
No answer, so I would have to guess you will not commit to the fight!

This the biggest problem we have! The progressives are doing everything they can to get MANY gun owners to just stay on the side and watch.
This is just part of their long term and continuing agenda to disarm us. So those who are not with us are against us!!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Last edited by ScottA; 01-29-2013 at 12:12 PM.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:56 PM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5538 Times on 3134 Posts
Likes Given: 4818

[quote=JimRau;1113589]

Quote:
Are you going to stand and fight the government here or just set on the side lines??? Your post was not clear on this.[/QUOTE
No answer, so I would have to guess you will not commit to the fight!

This the biggest problem we have! The progressives are doing everything they can to get MANY gun owners to just stay on the side and watch.
This is just part of their long term and continuing agenda to disarm us. So those who are not with us are against us!!!!

I'm 69 years old. I have damn little "life" left. I've got nothing to lose except my freedom. Why wouldn't I stand and fight?

You obviously missed the sarcasm in the original post.

Winston Churchill

Old 01-28-2013, 04:00 PM   #56
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1887 Times on 1109 Posts
Likes Given: 897

Thumbs up

[quote=locutus;1113622]

Quote:

I'm 69 years old. I have damn little "life" left. I've got nothing to lose except my freedom. Why wouldn't I stand and fight?

You obviously missed the sarcasm in the original post.
My post was not direct to you.
You and I are are of the EXACT same mind set!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

locutus Likes This 
Old 01-28-2013, 10:36 PM   #57

Liked 682 Times on 532 Posts

i dont. i sold my car15 and ar15 match ages ago.
i didnt like 223.
kept my M1A though.

Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Contact Man for the FTF Shotgun Shoot
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 01-28-2013, 11:11 PM   #58
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4611 Times on 1567 Posts
Likes Given: 1426

Posted this in another section but it fits well here.

NSDQ

People Like This 
Old 01-28-2013, 11:31 PM   #59
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2803 Times on 1620 Posts
Likes Given: 1219

Why do I need an AR platform rifle.

I have spent 20 years of my youth protecting the rights of American citizens. The tool provided to me to help protect was the M-16. Annual training taught me how to become proficient with that firearm. It was issued to me when we had the large influx of Cubans and I was called as an augmentee for base security. It was issued to me overseas to protect Americans and the US government assets.

I am trained, proficient, and knowledgeable on that platform. If I am good enough to have it issued to me to protect military bases and personnel, then I should be allowed to use the same level of protection for myself and what belongs to me.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

People Like This 
Old 01-29-2013, 02:15 AM   #60

Default fight what?

Quote:
Are you going to stand and fight the government here or just set on the side lines??? Your post was not clear on this.

To use your venacular, I guess I will sit on the sidelines. To use mine, I see no reason to fight. Fight who? About what? At my age and physical condition, I choose to pick my battles. I have no beef against the government. They are not coming to get our guns. I have heard this bunk for 50 years and I still have whatever gun I want. Just so happens that what I want is not the same as what a lot of others want. And that's their problem not mine. There is just too much money involved in the sporting arms industry for it to ever go away. I hope you are no longer confused on my point of view. If you will just keep an OPEN MIND, you will understand what I am saying.
CT