Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Why do you need an AR-15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 04:58 PM   #91
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7562 Times on 3294 Posts
Likes Given: 1122

Dog- your last post is a serious violation of the terms and conditions of the forum.

You KNOW that the Mods get a 25% cut off the top for contracted stalking. Now pony up, or Guido and Nunzio will be stopping by. Gnome sane, bro?

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 01-31-2013, 05:09 PM   #92
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16830 Times on 9754 Posts
Likes Given: 43896

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNFrank View Post
If a person commits a felony with a firearm then they either need to stay locked up or given the death penalty depending on what went down. That being said, NO LAW is going to stop a criminal who wants a gun from getting one. All it does is stop someone who may have messed up once in his life and who is otherwise law abiding from being able to protect himself or his family and IMHO that's just wrong to punish someone for life AFTER he's supposedly paid for his crime by jail time or probation. That's just my opinion on the matter.
i agree with you to a point. but would you want someone who commited criminal acts with a firearm to own one after they were released? i know i wouldn't. and i agree that no amount of laws will stop the career criminal from getting a firearm when they want one.

the problem i have with your idea is this, that many get a say a 10 year sentence and usually serve about 2.5-3 years on that sentence. now if they served the full 10 years and kept themselves on the straight and narrow while in prison, when released and say after about 2-5 years, then maybe, then they could have their rights as far as guns restored.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:13 PM   #93

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts

^ It doesn't even have to be a misdemeanor criminal offense. It can be a protective order, often properly titled an "Order of Protection" - those are heard in domestic relations (civil) court and can bar a person from owning firearms for the duration of the order. In many states, this type of protective order can be valid for as long as five to ten years. The standard of proof in those cases is "by a preponderance of the evidence" and they are heard only by a judge (bench trial) -- not a jury. The balance for a preponderance of the evidence is 50.1% -- nothing close to as high of a standard as "beyond a reasonable doubt" which is the criminal court burden of proof. So, what does the petitioner have to prove? Most jurisdictions have amended their statutes so that a threat of any type of physical violence to a family member, girlfriend, former girlfriend or the like is sufficient -- a single text message such as "I am gonna kick your a**, you stupid b*#^h" (without any actual physical violence whatsoever) has been deemed sufficient for the granting of an Order of Protection and upheld on appeal. They have a nice paragraph in those orders - "the respondent is ordered to report to the Sheriff's office of ______ County and to surrender any and all firearms in the respondent's possession. The Respondent is strictly prohibited from possessing a firearm for the duration of this order as stated hereinabove." You are supposed to get them back when the order expires -- I am sure you can guess the types of problems you can run into with lost or misplaced firearms after they have sat in a storage room at the Sheriff's office for a few years...

^If you live in the US, odds are that your state has a nice set of statutes that allow for the above as almost every state now has this type of law on the books.

/s/ Weapon, Attorney at Law

Old 01-31-2013, 05:23 PM   #94
Unpopulist
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Dog- your last post is a serious violation of the terms and conditions of the forum.

You KNOW that the Mods get a 25% cut off the top for contracted stalking. Now pony up, or Guido and Nunzio will be stopping by. Gnome sane, bro?

dammit! what are you guys like,...everywhere or something? A guy can't catch a break around here.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson
People Like This 
Old 02-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #95

Because AR-15 is an incredibly versatile weapon. Fully capable for use in CQB/MOUT or as a hunting rifle.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:22 AM   #96
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 210 Times on 168 Posts
Likes Given: 116

"Gnome sane, bro"...lol.

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 02-07-2013, 06:48 AM   #97
Concealed Carry Instructor