Why is the DHS purchasing hollow point ammo that canít be used in warfare? - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Why is the DHS purchasing hollow point ammo that canít be used in warfare?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 10:58 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 49 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
This purchase is no different from previous years. Of course, facts won't stop a good deep, dark conspiracy theory.
Yeah you are right. I've been doing a little more research and found this, so if it is true it is just like you said, it is really no different, just for some reason a big deal is being made out of it this year. I still do question the fact that they supposedly are purchasing lots of other calibers and such that aren't typical for any government weapons tho..... that still has my curiosity going.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:58 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8203 Times on 4480 Posts
Likes Given: 7976

Quote:
Originally Posted by customammo72 View Post
Yeah you are right. I've been doing a little more research and found this, so if it is true it is just like you said, it is really no different, just for some reason a big deal is being made out of it this year. I still do question the fact that they supposedly are purchasing lots of other calibers and such that aren't typical for any government weapons tho..... that still has my curiosity going.
From the information that I've been able to get, and verify, the only large scale purchase recently was .40 S&W.

But once this became known, the fear mongers started crying that they were also buying up all of the 9MM, .5.56, 7.62 etc.
(Of course, the military uses large quantities of these calibers.)

But I can't find a link to any purchase orders that are out of the ordinary.

This is in line with what the NRA has been saying. The shortages are caused by panic buying.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:15 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
From the information that I've been able to get, and verify, the only large scale purchase recently was .40 S&W.

But once this became known, the fear mongers started crying that they were also buying up all of the 9MM, .5.56, 7.62 etc.
(Of course, the military uses large quantities of these calibers.)

But I can't find a link to any purchase orders that are out of the ordinary.

This is in line with what the NRA has been saying. The shortages are caused by panic buying.
I can't either, tho others have posted links to supposed orders where they were buying all sorts of ammo including things like .22, 28 ga, 45 colt and all kinds of crazy calibers.

I believe it is all panic buying just like in 94 and in 08. Why else are there no guns on the racks to buy, no ammo, and why are there no reloading supplies. What good does reloading supplies do for the Gov't?

Old 04-04-2013, 12:17 AM   #44

Also I personally watched people flock to the stores and start buying everything they could get their hands on as soon as any new gun legislature or possible bans were mentioned......

I have also been watching Wolf primers being sold for 60 bucks per thousand and they are selling anywhere from 35 to 78K in a day depending on what they get in stock, and that is just for the small rifle primers, not including other sizes..... that is just rediculous

Last edited by customammo72; 04-04-2013 at 12:20 AM.
locutus Likes This 
Old 04-04-2013, 12:19 AM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8203 Times on 4480 Posts
Likes Given: 7976

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by customammo72 View Post
I can't either, tho others have posted links to supposed orders where they were buying all sorts of ammo including things like .22, 28 ga, 45 colt and all kinds of crazy calibers.

I believe it is all panic buying just like in 94 and in 08. Why else are there no guns on the racks to buy, no ammo, and why are there no reloading supplies. What good does reloading supplies do for the Gov't?

I'll betcha the conspiracy nutzos have an answer!

I would check out who sponsors those links, and who writes the articles!

Old 04-04-2013, 12:30 AM   #46

Good point.... I didn't even take the time to check the links honestly cuz I felt it was a waste of my time...

Old 04-04-2013, 12:37 AM   #47
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1370 Times on 762 Posts
Likes Given: 598

The government doesn't buy reloading supplies. They have cartridge manufacturing plants.

The ammunition hoarders and scalpers are snapping up all the ammo.

The government is probably afraid of an invasion because we keep starting wars with other countries and pissin' in everyone else's backyard. With the number of agents TSA and DHS employ, if they practice like they are supposed to, they're gonna chew through ammo like candy.

Apart from that, the government "panicked" because of the previous panic buying wherein law enforcement agencies didn't have issue ammunition for officers to use. Also, I'd wager that TSA and DHS have adopted the "train as you fight" strategy and will now practice with, train with, and use the same ammunition.

I recommend having "one of each", so to speak, if you can afford it with regards to handguns chambered for 9MM, .45ACP, and .38 Special/.357 Magnum.

Last edited by kbd512; 04-04-2013 at 12:39 AM.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:31 AM   #48

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

I'd have to agree that panic buying is causing the shortages.

I'd also have to say that I appreciate the people watching this stuff, even if some wine about "conspiracy nuts"... It's still nice to know folks are paying attention.

Tack

Old 04-04-2013, 03:50 AM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 157 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
I'd have to agree that panic buying is causing the shortages.

I'd also have to say that I appreciate the people watching this stuff, even if some wine about "conspiracy nuts"... It's still nice to know folks are paying attention.

Tack
I believe it is panic buying. I'm not panic buying, but if I see what I need for the right price, I'm going to buy it. But I haven't bought anything ammo related in about 5 months