Why is the DHS purchasing hollow point ammo that canít be used in warfare? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Why is the DHS purchasing hollow point ammo that canít be used in warfare?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 12:40 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2407 Times on 1409 Posts
Likes Given: 540

They buy them for herding sheep.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:44 AM   #22

Liked 49 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
They buy them for herding sheep.
I think you meant "sheeple" LOL, Nazi Germany all over again..... hmmm

Old 04-01-2013, 12:48 AM   #23

Liked 5007 Times on 2428 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

I'm glad they like .40

I own 1... So resupply will be a snap! And Level II Kevlar is MUCH lighter that Level III!

Tack

Old 04-01-2013, 01:06 AM   #24
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2996 Times on 1561 Posts
Likes Given: 279

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post
The problem is when the govt. comes calling, the ammo makers are forced to change from target ammo to the hollow points DHS is ordering. They get to tell the manufacturers of anything they are buying that they have to have theirs first, and yours goes to the back of the line.
Since when? DHS cannot demand anything from a private company, this is still a Democratic Republic. The ammo makers choose to fill the government orders first as it is a bulk order and they want to keep the government business.

The Government contracts, be they for ammo, guns, tires or copy paper have a fill date the stuff must be delivered by. The manufacturers can simply not bid, if they choose.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

locutus Likes This 
Old 04-01-2013, 01:14 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Since when? DHS cannot demand anything from a private company, this is still a Democratic Republic. The ammo makers choose to fill the government orders first as it is a bulk order and they want to keep the government business.

The Government contracts, be they for ammo, guns, tires or copy paper have a fill date the stuff must be delivered by. The manufacturers can simply not bid, if they choose.
Yes sir, everything the government acquires is thru bidded contracts, you are absolutely right. The company with the best bid wins the contract and they make the required ammo.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:48 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1047 Times on 632 Posts
Likes Given: 232

Quote:
Originally Posted by customammo72 View Post
Negative, that is not the rules..... we practice with FMJ and duty ammo is HP...... only time we shoot the HP's on the range is to recycle our ammo and get fresh new duty ammo.
Are you with one of the Federal Agencies?

Friend of mine in CA works for the sheriff's office and they are required to practice and qualify with the same stuff they carry. My former next door neighbor confirmed the same thing in MI.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:00 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
Are you with one of the Federal Agencies?

Friend of mine in CA works for the sheriff's office and they are required to practice and qualify with the same stuff they carry. My former next door neighbor confirmed the same thing in MI.
Yes sir as a matter of fact I am and have been since I left active duty service. Now state and local sheriff's offices have different SOP's and policies for their agencies on qualifications and such. I also had to go thru FLETC. Oh and just so you don't get a bad taste of me cuz I am a fed, I do not support the people I work for, they just give me a good paycheck and benefits, I am very pro 2nd amendment and as soon as a revolution starts I am out and against the gov..... If they tried to tell my whole section to start confiscating guns or such we already said we will turn in our guns and vehicles, equipment etc and walk away and tell them to f themselves

Last edited by customammo72; 04-01-2013 at 04:03 AM.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:08 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6624 Times on 3690 Posts
Likes Given: 6299

AFAIK, the FBI, DEA, SS, Marshal's Service, Dept. of Energy etc are required to practice and regularly qualify with JHP duty ammo.

My dept practiced and qualified with commercial reloads. Budgetary difference.

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz
V
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Winston Churchill

Old 04-01-2013, 04:13 AM   #29

Well for whatever reason the last few years since Obama has been in office we have been having to practice and qual with FMJ to deplete the old supply "supposedly", forcing us completely over to all HP in the supply system, just for clarification on this. Of course I am only a peon in my world honestly, so my complete knowledge of their intentions and reasons are unclear to me.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:15 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx
Because they are getting ready for north korea to invade perhaps, but disarming the coastal states like the east and california wont help with that invasion!