Who's joining me at Starbucks on Feb 14th? - Page 11
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Who's joining me at Starbucks on Feb 14th?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 12:56 AM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1257 Times on 814 Posts
Likes Given: 792

i stopped in after dinner and it was empty.. bought a couple coffees and left. no manager around tochat with. just a young teenager.
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 02-15-2012, 12:59 AM   #102

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51
I don't think anything supplied to our military can be made anywhere but here (or another NATO country). I could be wrong.

Could someone who knows for sure please clarify? (C3 maybe)?
The only time it can be issued and not manufactured here, is if the ONLY place manfacturing it is out side of the states. I believe the at-4 is one of the only things really made out side of the states and issued on a wide scale, along with some optics, I could be way wrong though.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:02 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrkGod454
I did support my local Starbucks today, but I did not dare say anything about gun rights since I do not have any. Here in Illinois or more specifically the suburbs of Chicago I would of caused a lot of trouble. I would of either been hassled or acosted for my belief in the second amendment, or worst case scenario have the cops called on me because people would of thought I was illegal carrying a gun.

Maybe if I was visiting family in Athens, Greece I could send some international love, but sadly the protesters burned down the local Starbucks...
I grew up in Chicago and live in the NW Suburbs and feel the same way. If you talk about guns it is quietly with people you know have them. 95% of the people around here think you are crazy if you have a gun.

I had a great time at the range this Saturday and can't talk about it with work people because they look down on "those crazy gun people".

Old 02-15-2012, 01:07 AM   #104

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Pbs frontline is running a program about gun violence in chicago. It just started. Thats why I changed it. Cant stand Bill moyers.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:06 AM   #105

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Bill Moyers is one of the Left Wing hacks from very Liberal Austin, Txs. LBJ loaded the slate with his New Dealers. They were the most rabid antigun zealots to ever lead the nation. Bill Moyers was involved in the passage of the LBJ Gun Control Act of 1968. This group also established the BATF from the old "Reveners" force. For Moyers to claim he is balanced is BS. LBJ set up NPR Radio to get out the Left Wing reports. After all these years Moyers and NPR are after our 2nd rights.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:18 PM   #106

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum27

I grew up in Chicago and live in the NW Suburbs and feel the same way. If you talk about guns it is quietly with people you know have them. 95% of the people around here think you are crazy if you have a gun.

I had a great time at the range this Saturday and can't talk about it with work people because they look down on "those crazy gun people".
I understand your reasoning, BUT, maybe you should look at it as your chance to change someones mindset about " crazy gun owners ", by example. Let people know you shoot, safely and responsibly, in my experience most people who don't "like" guns, simply don't know anything about them. They view guns as dangerous as well as gun owners. Change their minds, one person at a time. Show people your not a maniac gun crazed killer, just a person who lives in their community who enjoys their 2nd amendment RIGHT. Reminds of a childhood song "this little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine". Keeping it to yourselves only fuels the antigun flames, because it leaves all the information they hear to come from what they hear on tv, or misinformed peers. Let it shine, let it shine. If not one mind at a time......

Old 02-17-2012, 05:22 AM   #107

I was down in Ogden, Utah on V-day. I didn't see any big deal on guns at Starbucks. Utah is different. They have great gun freedom down there. The problem for Starbucks is the folks in Utah are going to Ban Coffee.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:34 AM   #108
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3586 Times on 1841 Posts
Likes Given: 400

I got my obligatory cup of joe at Starbucks on the 14th. Hopefully they did not see a decline in sales at all. With a little luck, they saw a spike.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:16 PM   #109

The number of U.S. uniforms and flags being made in China and labeled U.S.A. made is not known. These items routed thru Vietnam and Mexico to China. The Obama government allows minority suppliers to avoid made in U.S. rules and sell to the American military. Of course you should cuss the NRA for buying from China and give Obama an excuse? OK Obama defenders jump in here.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x1152376

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/12297925/us-tax-money-pays-foreign-workers-for-tsa-uniforms

Last edited by Durangokid; 02-17-2012 at 02:12 PM.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:54 PM   #110
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1280 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

It appears that VD (Valentine's Day ) went by without any gunners-vs-anti-gunners incidents, and without any retardos getting into macho-man gunfights, which should say volumes about the kind of people who own and carry guns. I doubt the liberal media will make any notice of that, though.