A whole lotta guns.. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > A whole lotta guns..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2008, 03:49 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9509 Times on 4092 Posts
Likes Given: 1493

Well, I work for a firm with HQ in Switzerland. As far as "most heavily armed", well, depends on HOW you define that- Switzerland is a lot smaller than the US, but there every member of the Army Reserve has a full auto assualt rifle, or a submachinegun AND THE BASIC LOAD OF AMMO for it sitting in the closet. At home. Oh- nearly every adult male in the country is a member of the Army Reserve. Now THAT's heavy.

As far as the number of guns- well, I probably have 25-30 .22 cal rifles- different makes, models, etc. But you can only shoot one at a time (unless you are Rambo, maybe) I also have Russian, German, Swiss, British, American, Italian, and Japanese military weapons. I collect because I enjoy shooting, don't hunt as much as I used to (knees), and want to have ability to defend self and family against folks that have no apreciation of rights of others. (Um..... right to property, right to walk, right to breathe, etc)

Now, if I may- I have a question for you- If I am an honest, law abiding person- I don't mug little old ladies, rob banks, or shoot up post offices with ONE gun- why does my having MORE than one cause you concern? In a like nature, if you do not drive in a reckless manner, run over school kids, drive drunk, etc- should I be concerned if you suddenly decide to get an additional vehicle?

Just wondering...........

Old 08-18-2008, 06:29 AM   #12

Default have need want guns personal national

Criminals, 2 or 4 legged food, civil defense, guns are just tools. I have a 9422Mag, it gives me pleasure. My dads 12 ga puts pheasants in my belly.

some idolize guns, knives, cars etc.

the person using the gun dictates what happens with the gun, not the gun by itself

Rosie O is fat because of spoons! Outlaw the spoon? No she is a glutton, she dictates how much food she shoves down her gullet with the spoon.
the spoon doesn't do anything wrong. the spoon is an object used by someone (matches=fires? same thing)

a table saw cuts off fingers if you let it
a gun shoots off fingers if you let it

we live in a sinful fallen world, people do bad things because of this

Will you protect your mom from a home invasion of a street gang with the phone,mace,pepper spray, numb chucks? when 4 bangers grab her in your living room? or a Ruger Ranch 223 with some extra clips loaded?

Will you help local Police officer(s) who are outgunned or outnumbered, the police stand between Americans and serious trouble, (this is so forgotten these days by so many) southern Border Patrol anyone? I will help if need be.

Responsiblilty for saftey and freedom is everyones who lives in a country.

guns enforce laws by anyone willing to stand up to law breakers

During WWII suppposedly Hitler asked his generals about Switzerland, they told him only at the cost of their army, because the(Swiss) whole country was an army?

i hope this helps on your perspective,

i love my mom, and my wife and my family members, and my friends, and my neighbors, and my fellow bloggers especially on this forum, and so on down the line etc.

wrench

striving to enter at the narrow gate

Old 08-18-2008, 01:19 PM   #13

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

most of mine were passed down to me from years of being in the family. I have them because I like to shoot them it is relaxing to make small holes in paper or big holes in small animals.

I live in a rather safe area crime is really low. I am alert at all times, but it is up there on the safe-o-meter. Do I think zombies are comming not really, do I think someone is going to invade the USA not really, do I think the government is going to turn on us and try to disarm us not really that being said i don't trust no one but family. My dad is not Barock Obama or John McCaine so I don't trust either one.

I know I can protect mine if I have to. That is why I have them.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:15 PM   #14

-c3shooter

I wouldn't say it causes me concern. In fact I plan on buying a few more just as soon as my income allows.

I believe a responsible but well armed citizenry can be a good thing for our county. Especially at a time when the government can be counted on less and less to ensure the basic safety of its citizens. This self-reliance, that I would call uniquely American, gains much of its strength from widespread gun ownership. At least in my humble opinion..

I think my intent with this thread is to start a conversation about the potential positives of our county being so well armed and what brought each of you to owning a firearm.

After all, this right should be exercised in thought as well as ownership, right?

Old 08-18-2008, 04:32 PM   #15

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Well, there is a great quote, I believe someone has it in their signature here on the forum, by the Admiral who led the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor:

Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

If you want to know what being one of the most heavily armed, not to mention motivated, nations is all about - ask someone who had designs on taking it from them.

JD

Old 08-18-2008, 09:00 PM   #16
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
If you want to know what being one of the most heavily armed, not to mention motivated, nations is all about - ask someone who had designs on taking it from them.

JD
Well, ya see, there's the problem. There are a pretty large number of Americans(?) who are blindingly embracing political and economic ideologies that will take this great nation from us; we're conquering ourselves.

Not to hijack the thread, or anything, but a direct invasion would be much easier to deal with than a slow decline from within by nitwit citizens ignorant of history.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:08 PM   #17

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Well, ya see, there's the problem. There are a pretty large number of Americans(?) who are blindingly embracing political and economic ideologies that will take this great nation from us; we're conquering ourselves.

Not to hijack the thread, or anything, but a direct invasion would be much easier to deal with than a slow decline from within by nitwit citizens ignorant of history.
That's why you have to be prepared to stack bodies up like cordwood just inside the range of your rifle & outside your ranch.

According to that book you got me reading, we are doomed in the breeding war anyways - so I'm going to concentrate on being the most well armed instead. LOL

JD

Old 08-19-2008, 05:05 AM   #18

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
The slow decline is indeed the problem more so than anything else. As I've said elsewhere, the fact that we have so many illegal aliens is a problem, but the main problem is that they come from non Anglo-Saxon cultures. Not that Anglo-Saxon culture is superior in a racist sort of way. I'm not talking Aryan pride or anything of that ilk, but that the Latin culture most of our illegals are from is not as open to individualism and self reliance that is the hallmark of American Civilization.

Everything is family connected, as it were. It's what I call the Patron Culture. The people who are just plain folk have always attached themselves to a more powerful person. The powerful person has given them food, perhaps a place to live, has found them a job, maybe a wife, whatever the person wanted. But these things of course, had a price. The price was complete and total adherence to the needs and desires of the Patron. You are bound to support the Patron in his political and social ambitions. You gave your vote in return for the gifts the Patron bestowed. That is incompatible with America.

More and more people coming here who are not conversant with American rights will soon vote them away on the whims of their Patrons. We already know the D party loves that idea. We are seeing the R party do the same thing. Our rights are more in danger from non assimilating people who will be given the right to vote and who don't understand why we enumerated those rights in the Constitution. They will do what their told to do by their Patrons and slowly we will see our country slip away because of ignorance and our culture becoming one accustomed to letting the elites have their way as long as they provide us with panem et circenses....

9x18=Makarov

Old 08-19-2008, 12:42 PM   #19
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

According to the news this morning, birth rates among whites in this country is below replacement levels, while birth rates among Hispanics is skyrocketing. There's nothing wrong with that at all, provided they embrace the American culture and English rather than import their third-world culture and speak Spanish.

It sure seems the latter is happening a lot more than the former.