White House says there are 19 Executive Orders for gun control - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > White House says there are 19 Executive Orders for gun control

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 12:18 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Let them come as we know they are going to do anyway. LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!

Old 01-16-2013, 01:46 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Executive order:
United States Presidents issue executive orders to help officers and agencies of the executive branch manage the operations within the federal government itself. Executive orders have the full force of law, since issuances are typically made in pursuance of certain Acts of Congress, some of which specifically delegate to the President some degree of discretionary power (delegated legislation), or are believed to take authority from a power granted directly to the Executive by the Constitution. However, these perceived justifications cited by Presidents when authoring Executive Orders have come under criticism for exceeding executive authority; at various times throughout U.S. history, challenges to the legal validity or justification for an order have resulted in legal proceedings.

In other countries, similar edicts may be known as decrees, or orders in council.

Last edited by NewDemocraticParty2014; 01-16-2013 at 01:51 PM.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #13

Liked 210 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewDemocraticParty2014 View Post
Leland-Boker Authorized Edition of the Emancipation Proclamation, printed in June 1864 with a presidential signature
United States Presidents issue executive orders to help officers and agencies of the executive branch manage the operations within the federal government itself. Executive orders have the full force of law,[1] since issuances are typically made in pursuance of certain Acts of Congress, some of which specifically delegate to the President some degree of discretionary power (delegated legislation), or are believed to take authority from a power granted directly to the Executive by the Constitution. However, these perceived justifications cited by Presidents when authoring Executive Orders have come under criticism for exceeding executive authority; at various times throughout U.S. history, challenges to the legal validity or justification for an order have resulted in legal proceedings.

In other countries, similar edicts may be known as decrees, or orders in council.
I don't know who's side you're on here, but you seem to be intelligent. Would you mind giving us your opinion on the debate of gun control?

Old 01-16-2013, 01:53 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell

I don't know who's side you're on here, but you seem to be intelligent. Would you mind giving us your opinion on the debate of gun control?
Thought I'd help out since no one could fully explain the definition of Ex orders vs Ex action which I conclude is basically the same.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #15

Quote:
Thought I'd help out since no one could fully explain the definition of Ex orders vs Ex action which I conclude is basically the same.
Again, would you mind chiming In on the gun control debate? And if you don't mind me asking, are u getting your information from online or are you some sort of lawyer or politician?

Old 01-16-2013, 02:02 PM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell

Again, would you mind chiming In on the gun control debate? And if you don't mind me asking, are u getting your information from online or are you some sort of lawyer or politician?
I'm not one for online bickering.

Just information from Wiki.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:14 PM   #17

Quote:
I'm not one for online bickering.

Just information from Wiki.
A sensible debate either online or in person is not bickering sir. Your answers are leading me to believe that you are here to stir fecal matter and I am asking you not to do that. I am assuming that bc of the fact that you apparently just joined our little forum and are only commenting in the legal threads. If you have a stance on gun control, I would love to hear it, if you're here to stir crap up, please don't. Its not good for my blood pressure hearing communist tell me what is best for my country and heari g the anti gun crowd tell me I don't need something that I have a right to own without first hearing my side if things as well. Thank you for joining our site, feel free to introduce yourself to US in the introduction section. Have a wonderfully blessed day.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #18

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

It seems everyday another Left Wing AntiGun Liberal is given a voice on this forum?

Old 01-16-2013, 02:31 PM   #19

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
It seems everyday another Left Wing AntiGun Liberal is given a voice on this forum?
Yep, gets deep in here sometimes...especially lately...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 01-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #20

Liked 518 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
America. Freedom of Speech. Debate calmly and rationally so you can determine if they truly are someone willing to hear the other side and possibly change their mind, listen and calmly agree to disagree, or determine if they are indeed a wingnut.

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain