White House Response to Petition - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

White House Response to Petition

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3864 Times on 2306 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

The phrase, "Here's How We Actually Make Schools Safer" is what made me dread the rest of the response. Are you kidding me? First they say FU before they explain their plan. This response was the exact opposite of how to make schools safer. Plus, instead of protecting the students from outside threats, they are focusing on the students themselves. Written response plans? Well...the plan is to kiss your ass goodby because nothing is between you and the shooter. Oh, maybe the teacher who is martyring themselves for Obamas "idealism".

Old 08-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #12

Liked 206 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

Quote:
Written response plans? Well...the plan is to kiss your ass goodby because nothing is between you and the shooter.
Jagermeister, What does our friends in Germany do for their kids in schools there??

Jim

"People that live in glass houses, should not be throwing stones at others."

Last edited by bigjim; 08-14-2013 at 06:12 PM.

Old 08-14-2013, 06:19 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3864 Times on 2306 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
Jagermeister, What does our friends in Germany do for their kids in schools there??

Jim
I am aware of one school shooting. It was at a Gymnasium (higher school). I hunter's teen found the dads keys to the safe and took out his anger on the school. I do not remember how many died, but it was a low number. The GSG9 killed him at the nearby train tracks. Not aware of any other cases though. There was one in Belgium. A gunman took over an elementary school, but nobody died but the shooter. The GSG9 was invited to come over the border and a sniper took him out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GSG_9

My kids tell me they never talked or practiced anything as far as a shooter. But, schools are not so easy to get into. I am sure things would change if something ever happened. My biggest concern would be terrorists. Crime is low over here, and most criminals do not have access to guns.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:56 AM   #14

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

So he's going to spend money to help the students in schools, does he not remember that the shooter at Newtown wasn't even a student?

Old 08-16-2013, 01:14 AM   #15

Liked 81 Times on 56 Posts

Helping teachers and other adults to spot mental illness and refer to help if needed .....
Teachers around here have a hard enough time just teaching, now the president expects Teachers to double as a psychologist? I think we give teachers too much credit in that category to begin with, how many slightly unruly children have been recommended to get medicated for ADD? And my question is if you get referred to help, would that stay on your record thus affecting you from being able to own a firearm as an adult? Backdoor gun control.