Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > White House Determines Gun Control Executive Action Can Be Taken!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 01:06 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Reports today are saying Biden's "recommendations" don't include a ban. I think everyone in DC realizes a flat ban is political suicide and akin to throwing a match into a powder keg. A ban at this point is too complex to enforce, and with an economy that is just now starting to recover, eliminating thousands of manufacturing jobs across the US would be moronic.
NICS checks are going to be expanded, for sure.
I can see a magazine capacity restriction attempted, but am unsure how it would work. Grandfather in existing mags, and require new ones to be date-stamped and certified? I'm not intimately familiar with every make and model of handgun, but are 10-round magazines available for every make and model of modern handgun? Do I get some sort of compensation for the stack of CZ82 mags I may or may not have, and that may or may not carry 12 rounds? Those things were expensive, and replacing them will be moreso!

Old 01-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #32

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The last time we had those LEO Magazines. Then the civilian Mags had Mickey Mouse blocks in them. Obama hids under his desk. He sends a Village Idiot out to say stupid things. Obama will come out against anything the idiot brings up. The Media will claim Obama is so good at bringing people together.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #33

Liked 2176 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by therhino View Post
Reports today are saying Biden's "recommendations" don't include a ban. I think everyone in DC realizes a flat ban is political suicide and akin to throwing a match into a powder keg. A ban at this point is too complex to enforce, and with an economy that is just now starting to recover, eliminating thousands of manufacturing jobs across the US would be moronic.
NICS checks are going to be expanded, for sure.
I can see a magazine capacity restriction attempted, but am unsure how it would work. Grandfather in existing mags, and require new ones to be date-stamped and certified? I'm not intimately familiar with every make and model of handgun, but are 10-round magazines available for every make and model of modern handgun? Do I get some sort of compensation for the stack of CZ82 mags I may or may not have, and that may or may not carry 12 rounds?
Quote:
Those things were expensive, and replacing them will be moreso
!
I think thats a really big factor in all this "OMG, they're coming to take my guns away" stuff- How many wud give up a $2,000 TV because the goverment banned TV's?

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 01-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #34

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

They are not going to take your TV. They will soon demand everyone watch Al Jeezra the Muslum propaganda net work. Obama will demand every home must have a TV.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:00 PM   #35

Liked 2176 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
They are not going to take your TV. They will soon demand everyone watch Al Jeezra the Muslum propaganda net work. Obama will demand every home must have a TV.
If thats the case i'll give all mine away

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-11-2013, 02:02 PM   #36

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

America will never surrender its guns currently in circulation and there is nothing the government can do about that so I wouldn't lose too much sleep over that debate. By the time they tried that there would be a fight like you have never seen before in America....plus people will be hiding their weapons if they have not already done so. So pushing that aside for the moment the concentration should be on what things will look like moving forward. As you can see there is no talk about changes in mental health or protection for the schools...its all about the guns. Where the shXX is going to hit the fan is when the next shooting happens post any bans or new legislation on guns, magazines....whatever. What will we do then? It absolutley baffles me why we can't get an intelligent person to get in front of the cameras and speak to this issue. We get crazy nut jobs going off like Alex Jones about all kings of crap. Its water under the bridge now as action is being taken at the highest government levels and with the NRA. I am however very dissapointed with the representitives we have had on TV and on the radio who have not asked these anti-gun idiots hard questions. This should be a wake up call for us gun owners that we need to be very organized and have strong representation so this doesn't happen again. Like it or not the public is influenced by the media and if we don't get some good people out there who can speak intelligently to these gun control groups and the anti-gun media we will continue to struggle to gain the public support and lose ground on our gun rights. Lets pull it together!

Old 01-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #37

Liked 391 Times on 212 Posts
Likes Given: 80

"Expanding NICS" is kind of vague.

I heard something about better sharing of information between states, but why are we not doing this already? Anyone with experience in law enforcement should be aware of how badly information is often communicated between departments. That is not a firearm issue, but has been an ongoing LE problem.

I'm hoping the NRA does not go along with the magazine capacity limits as a "compromise". Those limitations hurt law abiding citizens and would do nothing to stop what happened in Aurora or Sandy Hook.

For that matter, none of the proposals would have stopped any spree killings. This whole exercise is pointless.

If I were a cynic I'd think the gun control crowd was trying to capitalize on a crisis to push their agenda. They've been losing ground for years and now they are all in because they see this as possibly their last chance.

Good thing I am not a cynic.

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

My Firearm Reviews -
Beretta U22 Neos
Magnum Research Baby Eagle II .45 ACP

chloeshooter Likes This 
Old 01-11-2013, 03:10 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Oh God, how will we live through his third term

Old 01-11-2013, 04:27 PM   #39

i say let him try to pass it and if the congress rules it he will be remouved from office according to the law

Old 01-11-2013, 04:36 PM   #40

Liked 102 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnolans View Post
"Just a distraction"....

The Power pigs do that to us all the time. The more divisive the issue, the more we ignore real issues.

Like a magician... "Watch this hand.... " and then with the other hand they're doing stuff we should REALLY pay attention to.

In my opinion... those in real power want us divided... we the people.

Call it paranoia if you must... doesn't mean it's not true.
LOL that's stock in trade for any manager or even wannabe I've ever seen. Tell you one thing tell the next guy another, then squall and lie even faster when caught out. The company I work for is so bad I use a voice recorder.