White House Determines Gun Control Executive Action Can Be Taken! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > White House Determines Gun Control Executive Action Can Be Taken!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #21
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6628 Times on 3322 Posts
Likes Given: 7142

Most Dem Reps are sniffing for support as quietly as they can without alerting the populace they really do want to enact new sweeping BOR's Controls. Even some centrist Republicans are bending and twisting in the wind tryinbg not to be quoted for or against. A few figureheads are standing tall like BHO and some other Dem Governors like Coumo but substantially, others are afraid to take a stand because they know it could be a career killer if they dont have enough support from their base and they put their name on any Legislation.

Lets face it, decree has been the mode of least resistance for 12+ years. GW used it and BHO is using it now for ever bigger and more important law that should be Legislated not Dictated! Weve been running on a "Decree" Budget for the last 4 years, our BORS were decreed null and void again when BHO extended GW's Unconstitutional "Patriot" Act and Coumo just promised to execute the same powers at state level FOOG to get bad guns off the street (I myself have never seen guns lying around untended on the road, where does this happen, I gotta find that place before they ban it?)!

The Republicans have promised to be "Really Mad" if decreed anti-second laws are enacted but thats a bunch of BS. They would rather it happen without their signature or lack of it on legal legislation than stand up and be counted or called out for being a RINO. The Dems feel the same way, if BHO and Coumo decree it, the backlash will be on them that ordered it not the Republicrats in Albany and Washington we elected to protect our rights. The last Dem lead AWB put the dems in the Minority overnight the last time they did this "The Legal Way".

A liberal friend of mine at work (Bones) who was a former Catholic Priest, virtually has every song ever recorded by Jerry Garcia and never plays anything else (except some Alman Bros, Govt Mule or Cream when he's feeling wild). He's been a staunch lifetime Democrat but he showed me an Email he sent to Coumo yesterday, it went something like this.

"Dear Governor Coumo.
I have been a lifelong NY Democrat and financial supporter for Democratic Candidates for over 50 years. If you enact any further gun laws in this state that erode our 2nd Amendment Right to Bear Arms, I will continue to register as a Democrat but will vote in the primaries to overturn anyone responsible or supporting of any new anti 2A legislation and will vote Republican on Election day...
"

Bones is madder than hell and wants blood! Over half of his very substantial collection will be illegal if Coumo does what he has promised in the State of the State Address early this week.

You know the only thing more dangerous than a God Fearin, Gun Lovin, heat packing Conservative? A Democrat that thinks his Democrat run Government is out to get him! Bones is no fool, he may be Liberal but he's an American First and always. His parties leadership is calling us all out and many of those like us are not Republicans, Conservatives or T-Party Supporters, they are true Blue Democrats and even they will not accept the terms of citizenship proposed by Fienstein, Harry, Barry, Mini Mario or especially Bimbo The Clown (Joe Biteme) that BHO has tasked with rubber-stamping his most excellent vision of America FOOG!.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #22

Liked 2050 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Well cool, 2 pages and we are already calling people trolls.

Nobody has decreed anything yet. I bet the farm though that after all is said and done, there will be no gun show "loopholes", enhanced background checks and 10 rd magazine limits on new production firearms. Not agreeing with it, just predicting it. I'm all for enhanced background checks and I think the so-called loophole for gun shows doesn't make sense if we need FFL for everything else. Magazine restrictions? I think most here know that is a joke

If you think these folks are gonna let this "moment" pass without being able to say they did anything about gun violence think again. This is gonna be a bit of a sh$t sandwich for a while I think..... But BO's reelection kind of guaranteed that anyway

Old 01-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #23
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6628 Times on 3322 Posts
Likes Given: 7142

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
Well cool, 2 pages and we are already calling people trolls.

Nobody has decreed anything yet. I bet the farm though that after all is said and done, there will be no gun show "loopholes", enhanced background checks and 10 rd magazine limits on new production firearms. Not agreeing with it, just predicting it. I'm all for enhanced background checks and I think the so-called loophole for gun shows doesn't make sense if we need FFL for everything else. Magazine restrictions? I think most here know that is a joke

If you think these folks are gonna let this "moment" pass without being able to say they did anything about gun violence think again. This is gonna be a bit of a sh$t sandwich for a while I think..... But BO's reelection kind of guaranteed that anyway
Chloe, I dont consider CF a Troll, he's a member in good standing or NOTDKU would certainly eliminate the issue. That said, very few here agree with his overview of the situations we are presented with in reality so his positions often inspire a bit of rage or strike back.

Its a gun board for goodness sakes! Primarily comprised of pretty strict Constitutionalists, Lots of Veterans, Parents and Grandparents. Not many of us are all that fond of anyone even proposing folding, Spindling or Mutilating any one of our many BOR's ever, especially FOOG.

I like CF, he adds the Liberal perspective and he likes guns; just not all of them like I do! We should never try to quell that participation, otherwise were just preaching at the choir!

Old 01-11-2013, 12:42 PM   #24
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

We have a government that is worse with money than most gambling addicts yet they think they can take our rights? How about this Biden, before you start trying to take guns how about you bring the troops home

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 01-11-2013, 01:06 PM   #25

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
[snip].... [/snip]
The latest gun control debate is just a distraction so we don't notice they are going to throw us under the bus again. They will pass a couple feel good laws to look like they are doing something other than throwing us under the bus.
"Just a distraction"....

The Power pigs do that to us all the time. The more divisive the issue, the more we ignore real issues.

Like a magician... "Watch this hand.... " and then with the other hand they're doing stuff we should REALLY pay attention to.

In my opinion... those in real power want us divided... we the people.

Call it paranoia if you must... doesn't mean it's not true.

PatMan

"You'll put your eye out, kid"

”You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”
~Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

"DUMP HICKENLOOPER".. my future bumper sticker.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:13 PM   #26

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Chloe, the guy is a Left Wing radical who comes here to start trouble. To distract. To disunite. For example, how can a direct quote be said not to have attribution? Please... This is important stuff -- an imperial President who "will act if Congress doesn't" against my 2nd Amendment rights. I say "my" because some of you seem naive enough to forfeit yours...

Old 01-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #27

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Hockalouis, So true.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2234 Times on 1217 Posts
Likes Given: 3453

Quote:
The White House has determined that "executive action can be taken," stated the Vice President. The specifics of that action have not yet been settled.
Show me "executive order" in that statement.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #29

Liked 2050 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Chloe, the guy is a Left Wing radical who comes here to start trouble. To distract. To disunite. For example, how can a direct quote be said not to have attribution? Please... This is important stuff -- an imperial President who "will act if Congress doesn't" against my 2nd Amendment rights. I say "my" because some of you seem naive enough to forfeit yours...
I'm not here to stick up for Chain or anyone else for that matter. I don't agree with your take on the guy, I think anyone who is here is also pretty serious about understanding what is going on with 2nd Amendment issues, I'd include Chain in that because I have seen a number of his posts (don't agree with a lot of them but this is a forum, not a bunch of dudes reciting the pledge of allegiance for each other's enjoyment)

There are a couple of guys in the forum that get under my skin (I'm sure the same can be said about me), but after I stop being pissed at them some turn out to be pretty nice contributors.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #30

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Chloe, the guy is a Left Wing radical who comes here to start trouble. To distract. To disunite.
Quote:
For example, how can a direct quote be said not to have attribution?
Please... This is important stuff -- an imperial President who "will act if Congress doesn't" against my 2nd Amendment rights. I say "my" because some of you seem naive enough to forfeit yours...
Wat he ^ said --

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET