White House Determines Gun Control Executive Action Can Be Taken! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > White House Determines Gun Control Executive Action Can Be Taken!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #11
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

I don't think an executive order can be used to change the Constitution. I may be wrong, but I don't believe he has that broad of a power. If anything, he can evoke an executive order towards an actual law that is already on the books or similar, but correct me if I'm wrong...

Plus if such an action were taken can't congress overturn it?

I haven't seen any clear cut actions (yet), only posturing and speaking.

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 01-10-2013, 11:31 PM   #12

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Everyone who can afford to do so should send an emergency contrabution to the NRA-ILA so that they will have what they need to fight this.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:35 PM   #13

Liked 1350 Times on 830 Posts
Likes Given: 313

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon15man View Post
Finally somebody gets it now lets do something about it and say the is our country and were taking it back
Just how would you propose that that be done?

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 01-10-2013, 11:39 PM   #14

Liked 1350 Times on 830 Posts
Likes Given: 313

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Are these the most chilling words you've recently read? Following a day of Who's-Who in anti-gun emotion provoking from The Brady Campaign to actual victims of evil people...

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Vice President Joe Biden on Wednesday heard personal stories of gun violence from representatives of victims groups and gun-safety organizations as he drafts the Obama administration's response to the shooting at a Connecticut elementary school. He pledged that action would be taken.

"I want to make it clear that we are not going to get caught up in the notion (that) unless we can do everything we're going to do nothing," Biden said. "It's critically important (that) we act."

The meeting was part of a series Biden is holding this week to build consensus around proposals to curb gun violence after the Dec. 14 shooting in Newtown, Conn. Twenty school children were killed.

The Huffington Post has obtained additional details about the meeting from a White House Pool Report. Biden, according to the report, explained that "the president IS going to act." The White House has determined that "executive action can be taken," stated the Vice President. The specifics of that action have not yet been settled.
The first part of the post is well attributed.

The second part, the part that has you upset, is not.

Can you say propaganda?

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 01-10-2013, 11:45 PM   #15

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
the best ammo we have is to make sure the NRA-ILA has enough money for the court battles challenging these orders.
a couple thousand rounds of 5.56Nato won't hurt either

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

bamashooter68 Likes This 
Old 01-10-2013, 11:59 PM   #16

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Ignoring Chainfire, a Leftist troll here who is always out of his league and clearly doesn't understand the language well enough to use "attributed"...

Folks, don't be naive. The rule of law has been lost by and large. What Congress or SCOTUS should or can do is almost irrelevant. Hussein Obama already should have been impeached. Crickets... And if they are relevant checks and balances what makes you think they won't all act unconstitutionally? They already have, often!

This was a trial balloon at best: to test reactions. More likely it was the starting bell of the fight -- Hussein Obama has made up his mind, and the other Marxists and media have rallied to him since. The latter is fairly obvious IMO.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:02 AM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Executive Order

Executive order can not trump the Constitution. That was settled in Roe -Wade years ago. But I'll admit, he will try but the Supreme Court will not allow it. DOGWALK

Old 01-11-2013, 12:22 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1190 Times on 579 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I don't see Obama issuing any executive orders beyond enhancing background checks. He knows the law and will push it right to the edge to have his way. Really, the odds are very good nothing beyond an enhanced background check system is going to happen.

In times of war or a national emergency a president can issue illegal executive orders because congress is going to make the order law in a few days. Gun control is not a national emergency.

The latest gun control debate is just a distraction so we don't notice they are going to throw us under the bus again. They will pass a couple feel good laws to look like they are doing something other than throwing us under the bus.
I see that as exactly what he is going to do. He will then hope the SCOTUS will have given him an opportunity to change the line up, and defeat the sure NRA-ILA court challange. If it does not work, he will say, "hey people, I tried and the dastardly NRA and crooked Supreme Court beat me!" However, it may take three years for that to happen.

Setting him up for another challange in his third term, or Michelle in her first term to take another run at it.

Remember, Emporer Obummer is not a good thing for us working people.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Last edited by Daoust_Nat; 01-11-2013 at 12:24 AM.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:41 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 687 Times on 355 Posts

I'm sure they have a majority of the lawyers at the Justice Department looking over every piece of our current gun laws. They may look for an obscure part, "reinterpret" it then issue an executive order for a more rigorous enforcement. He won't attempt to dictate a new law, he is too smart for that. At least that is my opinion, I seriously doubt that they will go for an immediate gun grab, they need to boil the frog slowly.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:55 AM   #20

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankTop
I'm sure they have a majority of the lawyers at the Justice Department looking over every piece of our current gun laws. They may look for an obscure part, "reinterpret" it then issue an executive order for a more rigorous enforcement. He won't attempt to dictate a new law, he is too smart for that. At least that is my opinion, I seriously doubt that they will go for an immediate gun grab, they need to boil the frog slowly.
They have been boiling the frog since the 1930s.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington