Where's my constitutional Rights? - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Where's my constitutional Rights?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2013, 12:45 AM   #81
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6128 Times on 3035 Posts
Likes Given: 6509

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimogden1984 View Post
Let's say hypothetically they did hard labor, what would you guys have then do with people to weren't physically able... or even just flat out refused
Hmmm, I guess they get the little cells and a bit less food! After all, they wont be burning many calories in there if they refuse to earn their keep.

That doesnt have much to do with this OP but if your eating dinner on my dime, I think its reasonable that you earn your own stay.

Actually, the OP's situation is directly in response to the federal Governments kidnapping of states rights. "Its legal according to the state but if the feds catch you, god help you" is a pretty screwed up policy. They also hold the citizens ransom by saying if you smoke pot legally in your state, were gonna take your rights away!
Old 08-02-2013, 01:03 AM   #82

Liked 64 Times on 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38

Hmmm, I guess they get the little cells and a bit less food! After all, they wont be burning many calories in there if they refuse to earn their keep.

That doesnt have much to do with this OP but if your eating dinner on my dime, I think its reasonable that you earn your own stay.

Actually, the OP's situation is directly in response to the federal Governments kidnapping of states rights. "Its legal according to the state but if the feds catch you, god help you" is a pretty screwed up policy. They also hold the citizens ransom by saying if you smoke pot legally in your state, were gonna take your rights away!
Moral of the story, don't smoke or sell or buy weed. Bam, problem solved. Next subject please!
Old 08-02-2013, 03:35 AM   #83
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 30 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 82

I'm 68 years old.

Yesterday I thought I knew everything. Today I found that I was wrong.

Tomorrow I'm sure I'll find that I feel the same, about today, as I did
today, about yesterday!

Bob

GeorgiaCarry.Org (GCO)

locutus Likes This 
Old 08-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #84
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 249 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by etbob9 View Post
I'm 68 years old.

Yesterday I thought I knew everything. Today I found that I was wrong.

Tomorrow I'm sure I'll find that I feel the same, about today, as I did
today, about yesterday!
Old age is a cruel task master. .

My advice, just be thankful there was a time when you knew it all. I haven't felt that way since I was a teenager. Would be nice to feel that way again. Even if it was just for a moment.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:07 AM   #85

Liked 1440 Times on 874 Posts
Likes Given: 335

It sounds like the OP made a decision, whether he was aware of it or not, to embrace either a Federally prohibited substance or firearms.

States rights ended with the Civil War, that is nothing new. The results of the war determined that the Federal Government can do any thing it wants to do, and the individual states can't do a damn thing about it. (Thanks Yanks!) I thought most of us knew that by now.

It's too bad, but the OP is a Felon unless and until he can get some legal magic done. Without cash by the wheelbarrow load, he won't get any relief, and with cash by the wheelbarrow load, he may not get any satisfaction.

As far as the post in this thread that think that the 2nd Amendment is inviolable, well, you are living in a fantasy land. If the literal meaning of the 2nd was was as some think, no one could ever be prohibited from owning and carrying a gun. That would include mental patients, prisoners, small children, illegal aliens, even the killer being strapped to the gurney for the final solution could have his .45 on his hip, etc.

There is no way that the founders were so foolish as to build a system of government without some judgement and common sense built in.

If you accept that as the truth, then you accept that "some" restrictions must apply for the good, and by the will, of the people. Issues like this were not specifically discussed in the document, because the founders didn't think that the citizens were dunces, and would never argue over whether prisoners, or the insane, have the unfettered right to bear guns.

The OP has run afoul of one of the restrictions that have been accepted for a long time; he is for all practical purposes a convicted felon. (he just didn't put up a defense) His gun right restrictions, are not unconstitutional, they are a fact of life.

I have some sympathy for the OP as I do not believe that the cultivation or use of pot should be illegal. The government disagrees with me and they have the cops, judges, and prisons. Go figure.....

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 08-03-2013, 03:00 AM   #86
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla View Post
Old age is a cruel task master. .

My advice, just be thankful there was a time when you knew it all. I haven't felt that way since I was a teenager. Would be nice to feel that way again. Even if it was just for a moment.
I'm sure you are very insightful and mean the best. But, I think you may
have missed my point about this thread, as a whole.

If you don't learn something every day of your life, you have your eyes closed and your
brain disengaged! IMHO.

Bob

GeorgiaCarry.Org (GCO)

Last edited by etbob9; 08-03-2013 at 03:22 AM.

Old 08-03-2013, 03:09 AM   #87
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
It sounds like the OP made a decision, whether he was aware of it or not, to embrace either a Federally prohibited substance or firearms.

States rights ended with the Civil War, that is nothing new. The results of the war determined that the Federal Government can do any thing it wants to do, and the individual states can't do a damn thing about it. (Thanks Yanks!) I thought most of us knew that by now.

It's too bad, but the OP is a Felon unless and until he can get some legal magic done. Without cash by the wheelbarrow load, he won't get any relief, and with cash by the wheelbarrow load, he may not get any satisfaction.

As far as the post in this thread that think that the 2nd Amendment is inviolable, well, you are living in a fantasy land. If the literal meaning of the 2nd was was as some think, no one could ever be prohibited from owning and carrying a gun. That would include mental patients, prisoners, small children, illegal aliens, even the killer being strapped to the gurney for the final solution could have his .45 on his hip, etc.

There is no way that the founders were so foolish as to build a system of government without some judgement and common sense built in.

If you accept that as the truth, then you accept that "some" restrictions must apply for the good, and by the will, of the people. Issues like this were not specifically discussed in the document, because the founders didn't think that the citizens were dunces, and would never argue over whether prisoners, or the insane, have the unfettered right to bear guns.

The OP has run afoul of one of the restrictions that have been accepted for a long time; he is for all practical purposes a convicted felon. (he just didn't put up a defense) His gun right restrictions, are not unconstitutional, they are a fact of life.

I have some sympathy for the OP as I do not believe that the cultivation or use of pot should be illegal. The government disagrees with me and they have the cops, judges, and prisons. Go figure.....
The OP made the wrong decision! I hope this thread will be a testament to
others as to how easily you can screw up your future without even being
aware of what you are doing at the time!!

Bob

GeorgiaCarry.Org (GCO)

Axxe55 Likes This