Where's my constitutional Rights? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Where's my constitutional Rights?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2013, 11:41 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 9,121
Liked 5538 Times on 3134 Posts
Likes Given: 4818

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonSCJ View Post
Try 100% and you're dead on.
So if Mustapha, wearing his robes and diaper on his head walks into the local arms dealer and wants to buy a couple of anti-aircraft rockets, and an M240, you're okay with that???
__________________
“We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.”


Winston Churchill
locutus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:22 AM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrumJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Here in the holler....
Posts: 4,823
Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
I am guessing "MMC" is short for Medical Marijuana Card or Consumer or Cultivator....But either way....once you receive your Medical Marijuana Card you are DONE for lawful purchases of firearms. Weed may be legal in your state but its not at the Fed. level..and the Feds control the firearms world.

I don't agree with it, but until more people wise up and get on board with the Libertarians or Constitutionalists that's how its gonna remain.
Well than it all makes sense. Because you can't buy a gun and have what is legally a drug conviction or drug problem States and say it's as legal as they want but the federal law says no and that's who we call to buy a gun.
__________________

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

DrumJunkie is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:26 AM   #33
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
fmj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fort Wayne,IN
Posts: 3,454
Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
as it is now, in many ways drug use isn't a victimless crime. many rob, steal or even attack or assault others in order to feed their addiction. all because drug possession and usage of certain drugs are deemed illegal and restricted. now if personal consumption of certain drugs were made legal and taxed and controlled like alcohol and cigarettes, would all these problems cease to exist? honestly i don't know, but i feel IMO, many of these problems would be minimilized by a large degree. but that's strictly an opinion of mine and not based on any hard evidence or facts to support that opinion. if they were made legal for personal consumption, taxed ,regulated and controlled like alcohol and cigerettes, that many resoures used to combat them would be better utilized elsewhere, plus the tax revenue would be better put to use in other areas. thses again are nothing more than my thoughts an opinions.

FMJ, reminds me of the old saying, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. hopefully one day your friend will wake up and realize how he has been wasting his life. sadly i have seen many that never did.
Yes, i understand the crime involved with many to get their fix...BUT if more people took a more proactive approach to their own protection (and local laws were sufficiently loosened) it would be a self policing problem...eventually the addict would break into the wrong house/garage/car/liquor store/gas station and BANG problem solved. Unfortunately the laws are stacked against the law abiding citizen and in favor of the nere do well.

Anywho, i am sure we can ALL agree, the way it is (absolute prohibition) isnt working and its "high" time we try something new. All the current course has gotten us is a shredded constitution, a continuing militarization of domestic police forces, and an even bigger problem.
__________________
"Those that would trade essential liberty for temporary security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjammin Franklin

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!
fmj is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:31 AM   #34
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrumJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Here in the holler....
Posts: 4,823
Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
So if Mustapha, wearing his robes and diaper on his head walks into the local arms dealer and wants to buy a couple of anti-aircraft rockets, and an M240, you're okay with that???
If he's a citizen then he's got the same rights...So...Yeah, I'm fine with hit. Restrictions on the 2A is not good law. Amend the Constitution to make your restrictions on the 2A or let it stand UN-INFRINGED.

How many times do I hear on these boards you don't like it go change it., Well..We are talking about a Constitutional amendment. I think that poi9nt works here as well or better than it does in other cases.

Quote:
Which even then I think it's complete bull that all convicted felons can't legally buy a gun.
I agree, Rather the dept was paid or not. If not they do not and should not be allowed to be released. But if the debt is paid then they should be a citizen with the rights of other citizens. I can understand a restriction while on probation or parole. Because that is part of the debt payment. Outside of that then rock on cat daddy.
__________________

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson


Last edited by DrumJunkie; 07-29-2013 at 05:28 AM. Reason: spelling
DrumJunkie is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:54 AM   #35
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ClemsonSCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 137
Liked 64 Times on 40 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus

So if Mustapha, wearing his robes and diaper on his head walks into the local arms dealer and wants to buy a couple of anti-aircraft rockets, and an M240, you're okay with that???
Wow...you my friend are exactly why those type people hate Americans. Sheer arrogance. If "Mustapha" is legit American citizen, then I don't care what he's wearing, he had the exact same Constitutional right to buy the same things you do. So if you think you should be able to own that stuff, then "Mustapha" should be too. What gives you the right to dictate what another American citizen can or cannot buy? You can even ask me "so you think some ex-con/felon off the streets should be able to buy whatever he wants?" Yep. If they've served their time, then they've paid their debt. Once they're out they deserve the same rights as everyone else. If our government doesn't believe they can be trusted with all of their constitutional rights, they should have never let them out of their cage.

And on a side note, you're not doing yourself or anyone else a favor by going through life deciding exactly what kind of person someone is simply based on their dress. The outfit you described is religious and cultural. Just because it's not how we do it, doesn't make him a terrorist. Grow up and actually get to know some of these people.
__________________
ClemsonSCJ is offline  
7
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:30 AM   #36
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Deep East Texas Pineywoods!
Posts: 28,489
Liked 21255 Times on 12069 Posts
Likes Given: 53032

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
So if Mustapha, wearing his robes and diaper on his head walks into the local arms dealer and wants to buy a couple of anti-aircraft rockets, and an M240, you're okay with that???
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonSCJ View Post
Wow...you my friend are exactly why those type people hate Americans. Sheer arrogance. If "Mustapha" is legit American citizen, then I don't care what he's wearing, he had the exact same Constitutional right to buy the same things you do. So if you think you should be able to own that stuff, then "Mustapha" should be too. What gives you the right to dictate what another American citizen can or cannot buy? You can even ask me "so you think some ex-con/felon off the streets should be able to buy whatever he wants?" Yep. If they've served their time, then they've paid their debt. Once they're out they deserve the same rights as everyone else. If our government doesn't believe they can be trusted with all of their constitutional rights, they should have never let them out of their cage.

And on a side note, you're not doing yourself or anyone else a favor by going through life deciding exactly what kind of person someone is simply based on their dress. The outfit you described is religious and cultural. Just because it's not how we do it, doesn't make him a terrorist. Grow up and actually get to know some of these people.
i have to agree, that it's not how someone dresses or what country they originate from, that if they are a legal citizen of this country, they should be afforded every, and i mean every constitutional right as every LAC is afforded. nothing whatsoever infringed or restricted.

now if "Mustapha" breaks the law by using said rocket launchers and the M240 for nefarious purposes, then he should be dealt with by bringing the entire judicial system around him. but as logical thinking gun owners, we need to emphasize that we need to prosecute the individual, not the items or firearms they used to commit a heinous act of violence upon others.

but every LAC should be afforded the rights as any other citizen, irregardless of national origin or how they dress, or what religion they happen to practice. you prosecute them after they commit a crime, but not before. just because some is different, doesn't mean they are not to be trusted.
__________________
Coming from the Village of the Damned.
To the victor, go the spoils of war.
Axxe55 is offline  
5
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:47 AM   #37
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pasco Cty.FL
Posts: 6,512
Liked 2450 Times on 1396 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

Default

A lot of the keys to this argument are based in

the very folks who are supposed to be watching

immigrants, criminals, and sickos are too busy

keeping their jobs, and or too arrogant

and lazy to try to DO their jobs.

Are they in the country on a visa? Somebody needs to

WATCH THEM. TOO MANY, you say? Then CUT DOWN on

the amounts of issued VISAS till it's a workable figure.

This is what foreign countries do, that's why it's so hard

to get a foreign visa.

Criminals? Somebody needs to WATCH THEM. TOO MANY?

Then enforce proper sentencing, and

build more prisons.

Medically challenged? Somebody needs to WATCH THEM.

The first two have NO CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS AT ALL.

The third (medicals) have records. This could be

EASIER, but not much.

The one thing which does seem to be a lot less difficult,

is to sit back on your fat ass,

suck coffee and donuts, and make up

some more laws which only have a negative effect on LACs.

__________________

Last edited by therewolf; 07-29-2013 at 03:54 AM.
therewolf is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:32 AM   #38
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrumJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Here in the holler....
Posts: 4,823
Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i have to agree, that it's not how someone dresses or what country they originate from, that if they are a legal citizen of this country, they should be afforded every, and i mean every constitutional right as every LAC is afforded. nothing whatsoever infringed or restricted.

now if "Mustapha" breaks the law by using said rocket launchers and the M240 for nefarious purposes, then he should be dealt with by bringing the entire judicial system around him. but as logical thinking gun owners, we need to emphasize that we need to prosecute the individual, not the items or firearms they used to commit a heinous act of violence upon others.

but every LAC should be afforded the rights as any other citizen, irregardless of national origin or how they dress, or what religion they happen to practice. you prosecute them after they commit a crime, but not before. just because some is different, doesn't mean they are not to be trusted.
Right there...All restrictions on the 2A are put there to punish people for something they have not done. Using this logic government can do anytihng no matter how wrong just sayingit's to protect our children or what ether drivel they spew to progress their agenda and gain power over the people.
__________________

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

DrumJunkie is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:29 AM   #39
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ClemsonSCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 137
Liked 64 Times on 40 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie

Right there...All restrictions on the 2A are put there to punish people for something they have not done. Using this logic government can do anytihng no matter how wrong just sayingit's to protect our children or what ether drivel they spew to progress their agenda and gain power over the people.
That's why I've always said, if you're going to pass "what if" laws, then you should probably make it illegal to go to the bank also. Because there's a lot of money there and somebody just might be tempted to rob the place.
__________________
ClemsonSCJ is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:53 AM   #40
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
WebleyFosbery38's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Irish Settlement CNY
Posts: 5,308
Liked 5941 Times on 2939 Posts
Likes Given: 6302

Default

This thread has evolved form the opening OP. There are two questions that need to be answered to deal with this. One, Should the Prohibition of Marijuana be ended. Two, Should convicted Felons be allowed the full rights of citizenship after they have done their time.

It matters which you answer first because if you dont believe the Government has the right to ban substances like pot, you probably dont concur with the imprisonment of those who cultivate and sell it either. Vice crimes that make for felonies are a subject category I have a real problem with. Question, Why dont we sue the Hop Farmer when a DWI results in a death?

__________________
WebleyFosbery38 is offline  
fmj Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Arkansas Town Threatens Citizens' Constitutional Rights! Bigcountry02 Politics, Religion and Controversy 10 07-20-2011 04:46 PM
Is CCW constitutional clip11 Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 33 05-04-2011 04:16 AM
2nd Amendment Attorney on Gun Rights & Other Constitutional Issues cyint Legal and Activism 0 12-23-2010 11:06 PM
State Rights vs. Federal Rights, opaww Politics, Religion and Controversy 1 07-31-2009 08:47 PM
Should terrorists be given Constitutional rights? skullcrusher Politics, Religion and Controversy 34 06-11-2009 04:53 PM



Newest Threads