Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Where can I buy "imploding" bullets (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/where-can-i-buy-imploding-bullets-86749/)

wpshooter 03-17-2013 02:49 PM

Where can I buy "imploding" bullets

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase some of those "imploding" bullets that Senator Dianne Feinstein (D) of California referred to in her comments the other day when speaking about gun-control issues ?????

I was thinking maybe when the bullets implode that that might reduce wind drag on the projectile and possibly give me longer range and perhaps even better accuracy !!!!

Does anyone know exactly it is when these bullets implode ? Do they implode before they exit the gun's muzzle or somewhere after leaving the gun's barrel ? ;)

I was thinking if they implode before they leave the gun's muzzle, then that might be a bad thing because with the imploded projectile being smaller than the gun bore's rifling, that might cause the projectile to start bouncing around inside the barrel and actually hurt reliability and accuracy !!!!! If it implodes too much, could it turn sideways and possibly get stuck in the barrel ????

Please let me know if I should consider purchasing some of the new imploding bullets.:eek:

Thanks.

ScottA 03-17-2013 02:54 PM

This is why the DOD can't tell these Senators anything. There goes Feinstein leaking top secret DARPA projects again.

Gizord1 03-17-2013 03:17 PM

You can buy them from the same place that sells those exploding "cop-killer" bullets, high capacity "clips", and grenade launchers. I think they also sell dynamite and rocket launchers.

JWagner 03-17-2013 03:21 PM

I read that the imploding bullets are made with black hole material shipped in on the Space Shuttle. They are in very short supply, like most ammo these days.

c3shooter 03-17-2013 06:08 PM

Same place that sells the shoulder thing that goes up.

(Carolyn McCarthy, Congresscritter for NY, defining a barrel shroud that she wants outlawed.)

TexasGunner 03-17-2013 07:52 PM

I've heard that you can only shoot those imploding bullets out of those evil high velocity clips. Better be careful with those!

WitheringRose 03-17-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpshooter (Post 1179256)
Do they implode before they exist the gun's muzzle or somewhere after leaving the gun's barrel?

Funny that you use the word exist... :rolleyes:

nitestalker 03-17-2013 08:34 PM

The Democratic Party represents the uneducated classes in America. It is only fitting their leaders speak in terms that are not understood by anyone.:confused:

trip286 03-17-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitestalker (Post 1179723)
The Democratic Party represents the uneducated classes in America. It is only fitting their leaders speak in terms that are not understood by anyone.:confused:

By golly that is the most logical explanation of their thought processes I've ever heard! Damn. So simple too.

Axxe55 03-17-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitestalker (Post 1179723)

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 1179729)
By golly that is the most logical explanation of their thought processes I've ever heard! Damn. So simple too.

funny thing is they have no idea asto what they are talking about and use terms that make no sense, but their uneducated audience thinks they are brilliant!