Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > When writting your politicians...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 118 Times on 87 Posts

Default When writting your politicians...

I'm going to write a letter to each of my state government representatives, and to my representatives in Washington.

as I started to brainstorm on things to say, I started to wonder...how detailed should I get? should I try to point out the flaws in the logic of the pro-gun control crowd? such as, "a magazine ban has no effect, because a "bad guy" will just carry more magazines, and anyone with a little bit of practice can change a magazine in less than a second"

Or should I fear that pointing this out to them simply gives them the idea to then try to limit how many magazines one person can own, or require every weapon to have a "fixed" magazine that needs a tool to be removed, like the "bullet buttons" on the California ARs?

What are the points that you would make to your congressmen?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2260 Times on 1187 Posts
Likes Given: 154

IMHO, keep it simple and concise. Just make it clear that you will not tolerate any further attacks on the 2nd Amendment. Use spell check.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 01-18-2013, 09:37 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4721 Times on 2695 Posts
Likes Given: 3741

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cuda383 View Post
I'm going to write a letter to each of my state government representatives, and to my representatives in Washington.

as I started to brainstorm on things to say, I started to wonder...how detailed should I get? should I try to point out the flaws in the logic of the pro-gun control crowd? such as, "a magazine ban has no effect, because a "bad guy" will just carry more magazines, and anyone with a little bit of practice can change a magazine in less than a second"

Or should I fear that pointing this out to them simply gives them the idea to then try to limit how many magazines one person can own, or require every weapon to have a "fixed" magazine that needs a tool to be removed, like the "bullet buttons" on the California ARs?

What are the points that you would make to your congressmen?
1/2 page, double spaced, typed, hand signed, and EXTREMELY polite, but firm is perfect.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:43 PM   #4

Liked 3678 Times on 1755 Posts
Likes Given: 619

And if they're anti-gun, keep the letter very polite.. But rest your balls on it for a few minutes before you send it.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 01-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #5

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin
And if they're anti-gun, keep the letter very polite.. But rest your balls on it for a few minutes before you send it.

I almost spit dr. Pepper all over my phone when I read that. lol

Old 01-18-2013, 09:58 PM   #6
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner

Liked 621 Times on 473 Posts
Likes Given: 1083

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm
IMHO, keep it simple and concise. Just make it clear that you will not tolerate any further attacks on the 2nd Amendment. Use spell check.
I agree, this is the only way to win. Tell them that if this ban passes the gun owners of America will not follow it.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY