Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   When writting your politicians... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/when-writting-your-politicians-81713/)

70cuda383 01-18-2013 11:45 AM

When writting your politicians...

I'm going to write a letter to each of my state government representatives, and to my representatives in Washington.

as I started to brainstorm on things to say, I started to wonder...how detailed should I get? should I try to point out the flaws in the logic of the pro-gun control crowd? such as, "a magazine ban has no effect, because a "bad guy" will just carry more magazines, and anyone with a little bit of practice can change a magazine in less than a second"

Or should I fear that pointing this out to them simply gives them the idea to then try to limit how many magazines one person can own, or require every weapon to have a "fixed" magazine that needs a tool to be removed, like the "bullet buttons" on the California ARs?

What are the points that you would make to your congressmen?

robocop10mm 01-18-2013 03:43 PM

IMHO, keep it simple and concise. Just make it clear that you will not tolerate any further attacks on the 2nd Amendment. Use spell check.

locutus 01-18-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70cuda383 (Post 1099033)
I'm going to write a letter to each of my state government representatives, and to my representatives in Washington.

as I started to brainstorm on things to say, I started to wonder...how detailed should I get? should I try to point out the flaws in the logic of the pro-gun control crowd? such as, "a magazine ban has no effect, because a "bad guy" will just carry more magazines, and anyone with a little bit of practice can change a magazine in less than a second"

Or should I fear that pointing this out to them simply gives them the idea to then try to limit how many magazines one person can own, or require every weapon to have a "fixed" magazine that needs a tool to be removed, like the "bullet buttons" on the California ARs?

What are the points that you would make to your congressmen?

1/2 page, double spaced, typed, hand signed, and EXTREMELY polite, but firm is perfect.

Mosin 01-18-2013 09:43 PM

And if they're anti-gun, keep the letter very polite.. But rest your balls on it for a few minutes before you send it.

BobbyJoe 01-18-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosin
And if they're anti-gun, keep the letter very polite.. But rest your balls on it for a few minutes before you send it.

I almost spit dr. Pepper all over my phone when I read that. lol

FullautoUSA 01-18-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm
IMHO, keep it simple and concise. Just make it clear that you will not tolerate any further attacks on the 2nd Amendment. Use spell check.

I agree, this is the only way to win. Tell them that if this ban passes the gun owners of America will not follow it.