When and where to shoot - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > When and where to shoot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 11:04 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashnikovJosh View Post
A guy who's trained like some of the fighters you see in MMA can accidentally seriously maim or kill someone very easily.

A really big,but untrained guy,going after a much smaller man -also untrained- can also very easily accidentally seriously injure or kill.

A mob of morons NOT trained in anything intent on doing nothing more than satisfying their urge to "get even against whitey",like the mobs recently terrorizing certain inner cities lately- can very easily do the same.
These threats do in fact represent an immediate threat to life and limb whether thats their intention or not.

thats what "disparity of force" is all about.

But "disparity of force" is a legalese term that apples unevenly in todays courts based on the other nonsensical aspects of these institutions- the whims and fancy of judges,persecutors and juries.

At the heart of the matter lies Natural Law and its total lack of effect in todays legal system.

If anyone,bigger smaller,trained,in a mob,whatever-

comes to do harm to a person,that person,by natural law,has the inalienable and inarguable right to self defense.

Imagine,if you will,the effect that could have on society- if those inclined to commit violence for the sake of violence KNEW that they forfeit their own rights the moment they trample the rights of others,and their intended victims have no need to worry about a corrupt,ridiculous system going after them for merely defending themselves,and can use any amount of force they choose to defend themselves,their loved ones,or their property- I believe that those intent on committing such infractions of other peoples natural rights would either have to be smart enough to give pause to their actions and seriously consider another line of work,or they would be stupid enough to be eliminated from the gene pool.

We would live in a very polite society indeed.

Truly free people have the natural right to self defense and defense of their loved ones and property,and they need no permission form the courts,the judicial system or otherwise to act to so so.

Some might say this would bring back the "wild west".
Well i'd take Dodge City over Detroit any day of the year.

Or some may think this might provoke people to claim self defense after committing a cold blooded murder.
Nonsense.
If the facts prove that you weren't acting to defend yourself from someone who came after you or yours,its murder.

Plain and simple.

There is a bold faced simplicity to Natural Law,a simplicity which negates the need for high priced defense attorneys,hotshot prosecutors, and reams upon reams of "laws" that would literally put alot of folks with "law" degrees in the poor house.

And thats just it.

The legal system in this nation is big business.
Big business that feeds like a vulture on the rotting corpse of our Republic,which was founded by men who believed fervently in Natural Law.

So now we have juries educated by the pooblik skewl system and spoon fed ignorance by the main stream media,"reality" TV and jerry springer dispensing a total blasphemy of what simply cannot be called "justice" in case after case where those with powerful attorneys can murder their wives and children with impunity and those that dare to simply defend themselves but cannot afford the favor of the "law" go to prison- because their public pretender cant -or more likely wont because of the cost- put on the dog and pony show necessary to entertain the jury enough to defend their client.

Courtrooms are a mockery of justice in this nation where putting on a show at high cost for 12 "useful idiots" can get cold blooded murders set free and otherwise innocent folk hung if they can't afford this unique and twisted brand of "justice".

Politicians publicly swagger when they don't pay their taxes while the 'mundanes' go to prison with stiffer sentences than baby rapers and murderers for the same offense- if the rapists and killers get sentenced to anything at all.

Once again- some comrades are more equal than others,and to hell with the Natural Law that truly applies equally to all despite their social,political,or financial standing.

For all intents and purposes- it is better to be alive and incarcerated than dead,but by far it is better,I agree 110%,to just keep your head down and try to stay out of the mix.

Me,personally- I'll let people get away with screaming in my face,cussing me out,whatever,and I'll walk away.I'll probably even walk if someone punches me or spits at me.If I can get away from a situation,I will.

Better that than feed the beast known as the "justice" system.

Thats really not the way it SHOULD be,but if wishes and wants were candy and nuts it'd be Christmas every day.

But if I feel that my life or the life of those I care about are in danger,I'm going to war.

And damn the torpedoes.
...wait, what were we talking about?

If Sam Colt made men equal, then John Moses Browning made some men better than others.

Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does not start with a "4."

Old 08-16-2011, 11:06 PM   #32

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

When and where to shoot.

to which I reply again-

When they come for your guns.

And as to 'where', as G. Gordon Liddy said-

"headshots,headshots".

sorry,I do tend to be a bit verbose................

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Last edited by KalashnikovJosh; 08-16-2011 at 11:11 PM.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:15 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashnikovJosh View Post
When and where to shoot.

to which I reply again-

When they come for your guns.

And as to 'where', as G. Gordon Liddy said-

"headshots,headshots".

sorry,I do tend to be a bit verbose................
careful friend. apparently to alot of people, defending yourself by killing your attacker is frowned upon. even though i completely agree.

If Sam Colt made men equal, then John Moses Browning made some men better than others.

Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does not start with a "4."

Old 08-16-2011, 11:58 PM   #34

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

"There exists a law, not written down anywhere, but in our hearts; a law which comes to us not by training or custom or reading; a law which has come to us not from theory but from practice; not by instruction but by natural intuition: I refer to the law which lays it down that, if our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right."
-Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BC-43 BC) Roman Orator and Statesman at the trial of T. Annius Milo in 52 BC

"In a State of Nature, it is true, that a Man of superior Force may beat or rob me; but then it is true, that I am at full Liberty to defend myself, or make Reprisal by Surprize or by Cunning, or by any other way in which I may be superior to him. But in Political Society ... if I attempt to avenge myself, the whole Force of that Society is ready to complete my Ruin."
-Edmund Burke, A Vindication of Natural Society (1757), original spelling and punctuation.

"There will never be a really free and enlightened State until the State comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived, and treats him accordingly."
-Henry David Thoreau

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Last edited by KalashnikovJosh; 08-17-2011 at 12:07 AM.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:29 PM   #35

Liked 1104 Times on 800 Posts
Likes Given: 570

In the words of Ron White '' I dont know how many it would have taken to whip me ass .... but I knew how many they were going to use ... overkill ! '' Like I have always said , it does not matter how big or bad a dude is , you cant fight if you cant breath , via a quick chop to the throat .
I have pulled mine out but not show quite a few times when some lil thug has walked up to my driver window while leaving a store or restaurant asking for a ride or money . No doubt if any had produced a gun or tried to gain entry I would have shot , maybe not to kill but he would be dancing in agony . I also have a few of my single 12s loaded with non or less lethal rounds . I would find it hilarious to nail some punk kid in the ass with a bean bag round and dare him to call me in lol . I live in a good ol boy county '' thank God '' and do enough free boat repair to the local leo's boats that I think I would stand a good chance of not getting pursued in criminal court but civil may be different .
I had a thug that kept parking his car in my front yard to meet with a underage girl up the street all night , the county boys tech could do nothing about it , but I did after a few nights , Im not sure what happend to his car first , either the tires went flat soon after leaving or it overheated from a loose lower radiator hose or it could have been the new pin stripes i gave it but I have never seen it again . Its amazing what a eyeglass screw driver can do

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:51 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
I have often thought about this topic on whether to kill or shoot an intruder .
I know lots of folks who say they will kill anyone , I have said it too . BUt if you break it down , your taking a life and you will live with that for the rest of yours .
Would being in Vietnam, any battlefield, or law
enforcement be okay to do just what that
intruder in all likelihood would do to you once
they've invaded your home? No decent person
could kill with moral impunity, nor would they
allow to be killed either. I suppose we live with
it because we have to.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:58 AM   #37

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 45

If you haven't already decided that you could morally take another human life that is threatening to do you or your family grave bodily harm or death, then please do not keep a firearm for defensive use.

I made that decision at the tender age of 18 (which happens to also be the age I enlisted in the Alabama Army National Guard) the following year I applied for and obtained a CHL and began carrying a concealed pistol on a daily basis as well as seek out as much training as I possibly could.

I fully believe that any person who knowing breaks and enters my residence (or anyone else's) has crossed a line justifying the use of lawful deadly force against them. A majority of the Alabama Legislature came to the same conclusion in 2004 and passed a Castle Doctrine here.

It is presumed that any individual or group of individuals who break and enter or otherwise force entry into an occupied dwelling constitutes a threat to the occupants. They need not have a weapon visible to justify the use of lawful deadly force being used against them. If, and only if a burglar immediately ran or surrendered when I presented my weapon would I not shoot them.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:42 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo45 View Post
If you haven't already decided that you could morally take another human life that is threatening to do you or your family grave bodily harm or death, then please do not keep a firearm for defensive use.

I made that decision at the tender age of 18 (which happens to also be the age I enlisted in the Alabama Army National Guard) the following year I applied for and obtained a CHL and began carrying a concealed pistol on a daily basis as well as seek out as much training as I possibly could.

I fully believe that any person who knowing breaks and enters my residence (or anyone else's) has crossed a line justifying the use of lawful deadly force against them. A majority of the Alabama Legislature came to the same conclusion in 2004 and passed a Castle Doctrine here.

It is presumed that any individual or group of individuals who break and enter or otherwise force entry into an occupied dwelling constitutes a threat to the occupants. They need not have a weapon visible to justify the use of lawful deadly force being used against them. If, and only if a burglar immediately ran or surrendered when I presented my weapon would I not shoot them.
and to this i say uno mas!

Old 08-19-2011, 10:15 PM   #39

Liked 1104 Times on 800 Posts
Likes Given: 570

OK , you see a unarmed person being beat and robbed , you present your weapon and tell them alto ... i mean stop . Would you have the right to shoot them to save the stranger ? Again , different state laws ect ect blah blah I know . But you were not in any danger but you interfered or put yourself in danger to save another , morally I know the answer but I havent heard of any stories with this situation .

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 08-19-2011, 10:43 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
OK , you see a unarmed person being beat and robbed , you present your weapon and tell them alto ... i mean stop . Would you have the right to shoot them to save the stranger ? Again , different state laws ect ect blah blah I know . But you were not in any danger but you interfered or put yourself in danger to save another , morally I know the answer but I havent heard of any stories with this situation .
thats not a situation for a firearm.