Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > When and where to shoot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 05:36 PM   #121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 848 Times on 615 Posts
Likes Given: 480

Quote:
And then be very careful about what you say to LE after it is done.
Very true , even more so with the DA , lawyers and maybe even insurance agents . They are 2nd to none when it comes to leading questions and they can trap you with something you said that you thought was harmless or no meaning.

I remember a wreck I had and while doing the interview with the insurance I told them I was on a parts run for dads shop when it happened ..... You would not think anything of that would you ?
Well that little line caused the others insurance to go after dads company insurance instead of mine since I was on the clock . They cancelled dads policy after that and that thanksgiving was a bit awkward .
What ever you tell them '' leos - DAs -ect '' be sure your mess is consistent and keep your words short and simple , try not to elaborate on how cool your AR-15 is or how much you hunt . Do not ever change your story if you can help it . The truth and consistency will be your best weapon . They will try to poke holes in your story and catch you in lie with everything they have , its their job .
Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees.
Blessed is the man who's quiver is full
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:54 AM   #122
Lifetime Supporting Member

Liked 1717 Times on 968 Posts
Likes Given: 1295

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGSF View Post
I have read this whole thread and I came to the conclusion that the op just want to shoot someone to see what it feels like and to see if he can get away with it. It is guys like you that give the rest of us gun owner and CHL holders a bad name never have I pull out my weapon and not used it. I have put my hand on it one time when my wife and kids were in the truck and a guy came up to me in the parking lot to ask if I had any jumper cable but I never pulled it out just to see what he would do. You have issues my man and you need help
I'm with you SSGSF. I have read more than one post that caused me to think twice about who should own a firearm and who shouldn't. When Florida open carry was being debated I read one poster who stated that he would carry a piece of junk gun in the open daring somebody to steal it so he could shoot them with his concealed primary carry weapon. A half dozen other posters chimed in with how to cover it up enough to convince the cops it wasn't entrapment.

As I was reading through the thread I mentioned there was one thought that kept going through my mind. I strongly hoped that if this guy ever did go out to bait people like this, the prosecuting attorney would find evidence of his comments either on his computer or in his email. People like that need to go away for a long time, and his online comments could show premeditation. If nothing else they would prove useful at the sentencing hearing.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:32 PM   #123

Quote:
I read one poster who stated that he would carry a piece of junk gun in the open daring somebody to steal it so he could shoot them with his concealed primary carry weapon. A half dozen other posters chimed in with how to cover it up enough to convince the cops it wasn't entrapment.
As far fetched as that would be , its still more shady than something I could have come up with .
Kinda like the car jacking scene in the move '' The mechanic ''
Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:40 AM   #124

Liked 2182 Times on 1251 Posts
Likes Given: 1766

IMO, this decision is much like death and dying itself.

One has to handle it in their own way, and to adopt another's

paradigm would probably be foolish and ill-advised.

Discussing what specific circumstances casually is a waste of time.

Old 12-05-2011, 02:44 AM   #125

I take a life vs potential harm to myself or family i feel its my resposibility as a carrier to protect myself and family a all cost even if its a s&w 500 so the head

Old 12-05-2011, 06:43 AM   #126

Military and local law enforcement are trained in these specialized areas. Nobody wants to draw down on someone, leaving them dead, but if one is going to carry a concealed weapon they need to ask themselves allot of questions before strapping on the firearm. I did!

First, when you think about the situations you could get into, you have to ask yourself, could you shoot to kill someone who was threatening your life or the life of someone else. A person has to ask themselves, why are they carrying around a weapon in the first place. Are they relying on the gun to scare someone off before an act of violence occurs or are they really ready to confront someone by shooting to kill the perpetrator.

If you believe that you could shoot to kill someone, who is threatening your life or the life of someone else, then you must make the decision to shoot to kill...Two in the chest, one in the head if you are a proficient shooter. Whether someone confronts you with a knife, gun or steel pipe and IS a threat to your life, you must protect your own life by shooting to kill them. Why? Because they are not coming at you to leave you a little hurt. They are coming at you and will leave you dead if you let them.

So, strongly keep in mind what you would do if you got into a situation where you had to use your weapon. Crime scene situations go down very fast, so make up your mind what you are going to do before you are faced with drawing your weapon in self-defense/offense.

I strongly suggest anyone who packs a concealed weapon to take a weapons course. You will leave this class with more confidence in situation ethics than when you started.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:31 PM   #127
Relax, y'all. It's not my blood. ~Me, Fallujah, 2005

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Two in the chest and one in the head is for combat in iraq. In the local 7-11 a civilian shoots to stop the actions of an attacker, never to kill. Not unless they're looking for shower romance in the nearest prison.

Old 12-05-2011, 02:12 PM   #128

Liked 1663 Times on 913 Posts
Likes Given: 2430

Quote:
It is better to be sad than to be room temperature.
What Canebrake said.

Either i'm a hard hearted sucker or its a myth that you will suffer guilt pangs for ever over the killing of an attacker. Methinks its a myth.

i'm unlucky enough to have been involved in two home invasion shootings. Both of them took place decades ago and both involved multiple armed home invaders. i never had any remorse over killing that criminal and putting another in a wheelchair for life; he is now worm food.

In one of those incidents my wife shot a scumbag right between the running lights with my model 27 Smith and Wesson. The first responder was a state trooper who was a friend of my wife: His first words upon entering the house were: "Linda, you did a job on this sonofabitch." My wife never had any remorse either.

The prosecutor did not take the first the case to the grand jury. The grand jury no billed the second case.

Old 12-05-2011, 02:39 PM   #129

Liked 2182 Times on 1251 Posts
Likes Given: 1766

The way I see it, the BG also made a choice when

he decided to do the wrong thing to me.

The same BG(s) could have been feeding pigeons

at the park, fishing, looking for a job, or

volunteering to do work for a homeless housing

coalition.

Instead, here he is, after procuring an offensive

weapon, threatening my personal safety,

or putting my loved ones at risk in a

cold-hearted, premeditated fashion.

Old 12-05-2011, 03:08 PM   #130

I need to go take a class or two , I like to think I am a good shooter but little situations come up from time to time that scare the fecal matter out of me . Just last night 1/2 asleep on the leather sofa about 11:30 , I hear this knock , knock knock , Instant eye opener and i instantly realized the closest gun was by the tv in a vase . If they were to come in right now I would have no time to get to it . Heart pounding I slide off the sofa like a worm , crawled over to the gun , flicked the safety off and slowly stood up and thats when it happened . My 90lb black lab and his 50lb tail started wagging again hitting the sofa making a
Knocking noise .

Wife wakes me up night and said she swears she just saw someone out by the shed , Instant adrenaline rush I grab the gun out of the head board , head to the door and crawl out of the dog door trying to surprise who over . Got out there , called out , nothing . Fired off a shot trying to scare them out if they were hiding and nothing .
My point is I need to try and control the excitement or adrenaline in order to keep a bit more calm in real deal situation .