When and where to shoot - Page 12
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > When and where to shoot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 11:17 AM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2493 Times on 1422 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Ok so my wifes state office is moving to a criminal mental hospital in raleigh
The infamous Dorthea Dix . She just told me tonight about a person who escaped and car jacked an employee leaving work .
Now my wife is 5 ft at best and has some strange fetish about stabbing people.... Keeps me inline but If your getting jacked a knife aint gonna do it in my book . Im thinking of getting her a little derringer or one of those key chain pistols . Although shooting a mentally ill person would have the liberals throwing a ****coniption fit around here even if they did escape and harm my wife it would some how end up being her fault .
Back when pops was a prison guard he told me all the times these not so right in the head folks got sprayed and just took it , never even phased them and they kept coming . A mentally ill person is just as dangerous if not more than anyone else on this planet in my book .
Dude, a knife might work for her.

If I came after you with a knife, you'd have a few moments to wish

you'd been shot...

Old 11-30-2011, 02:24 PM   #112

Liked 1084 Times on 786 Posts
Likes Given: 558

There is somthin wrong with a person with a knife going after another that has a gun, or they have a really big set of gonads . The wife would rather beat or stab someone to death than to shoot them .

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 11-30-2011, 02:59 PM   #113
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2563 Times on 1251 Posts
Likes Given: 1287

Bottom line if someone comes into my home for a home invasion or in the middle of the night they will more than likely go out lying down? I will take no chances with my family or my life. If you do decide to shoot it is for keeps. The idea of shooting to wound is a bunch of BS! I spent over 27+ years in Law Enforcement and 16 on SWAT and have seen the legal results of shoot to wound. Your position is to shoot to stop the aggression or the attack or to protect against the threat of serious bodily injury or death. As Oppaw stated! In our neck of the woods we have the right to protect even our property. By law we do not need a threat to our life. We simply have the right to protect our properly and possessions. Certainly taking a life is a serious issue with possible future ramifications if nothing else mentally. We use to say if you are 99% sure of your actions in the case where you take a life, it can be the 1% that can eat you up mentally over time. For some of us taking a life is a serious issue and you must be prepared to live with it and know you did what you had to do. But you must train both functionally and mentally for the possibility and let your conscience be your guide along with the laws that govern you. May you never have to take that action in your life. But if you do need to do that, do not hesitate! Or you may become the victim.
Most home invaders today as well as late night burglars are armed with a pistol, if nothing else than with a knife or other weapon. Just some things to think about and I am sure that some of our other members will have some great advise. In addition if you feel very uncomfortable with the above there are other options like the personal tasers and others available. But have the ability to secure the suspect until police arrive. * Quick Ties, Cuffs and etc.

Old 11-30-2011, 03:06 PM   #114
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

The "young teenager" who breaks into you house or confronts you in a parking lot is not going to be concerned with your well-being. If he (she/it) stabs or shoots you it won't be done carefully so you don't get hurt. Shoot to shut him down. Shooting to wound brings with it 4 possible outcomes you don't want: 1) the perp sues you for his injuries. 2) the perp kills you because you didn't hurt him badly enough to stop him. 3) you go to jail for unwarranted use of deadly force. 4) the perp goes and gets Uncle Billy-Bob, Uncle Jim-Ed, and his brothers, and they come back and torture you and your wife to death (hopefully not with "bunga-bunga" )

Old 11-30-2011, 03:46 PM   #115

In a better world they would let us practice on rapist - child molesters - old lady muggers ect ect

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 12-01-2011, 01:13 PM   #116
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 512 Times on 314 Posts

I have read this whole thread and I came to the conclusion that the op just want to shoot someone to see what it feels like and to see if he can get away with it. It is guys like you that give the rest of us gun owner and CHL holders a bad name never have I pull out my weapon and not used it. I have put my hand on it one time when my wife and kids were in the truck and a guy came up to me in the parking lot to ask if I had any jumper cable but I never pulled it out just to see what he would do. You have issues my man and you need help

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

Old 12-01-2011, 02:30 PM   #117

Quote:
Gun-rights advocates praise a new law that gives citizens more legal standing to fire their lawful weapons to protect themselves from illegally entering their homes, cars or businesses.

A shooter will now be presumed to be exempt from criminal or civil liability because the person was worried they would be seriously harmed or killed by the intruder. The previous law said the shooter inside a home may have to justify why they fired. Prosecutors could still attempt to persuade a judge the shooting crossed the line.
and one that gives homeowners the benefit of the doubt that shooting an intruder was justified.
From WRAL here in North Carolina

Quote:
I have read this whole thread and I came to the conclusion that the op just want to shoot someone to see what it feels like and to see if he can get away with it. It is guys like you that give the rest of us gun owner and CHL holders a bad name never have I pull out my weapon and not used it. I have put my hand on it one time when my wife and kids were in the truck and a guy came up to me in the parking lot to ask if I had any jumper cable but I never pulled it out just to see what he would do. You have issues my man and you need help
From SSGF

SSGF , You need to go back and read it again . Your judgment of character is way off here buddy and I question if your mentality is stable enough to own a potato gun . Your the one who thought about drawing your pistol on a man asking for jumper cables , Really ? I have been on here a while but by no means a old timer compared to some on this forum but for a newbie such as you , it is not a good start for you to cast judgement like that on others .
Your right , I did judge you just now , How did it feel ? I dont know you , I dont know the circumstances behind the jump start guy . All Im saying is watch how you say things to others on here , We can politely disagree with each other but try to be a bit more respectful .
And Your wrong about me just wanting to shoot someone for the heck of it . But if Billy Graham Try to hurt my babies or family I would shoot him and I would feel righteous in doing so , would I feel bad ? Im sure , anyone should feel some sort of guilt for taking a life

This thread died a while back but man has it come back to life

Old 12-01-2011, 03:07 PM   #118
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 512 Times on 314 Posts

Really you are the one who said in a another thread that you would put a throw away gun in someone Hands to make look like they were armed and them you also said you have a swamp behind your house that you would through them cause you live in a good old boy area and you work on LEO boats for free And second yesterday is not an old thread. Third I said I had my hand on it not drawn cause I keep my weapon in my truck in the door side pocket And I was fixing to get in. Fourth you watch to much CSI to think you can get away with it

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

Old 12-01-2011, 03:34 PM   #119

I started this thread 8-15-11 , Is that yesterday in your book ? You have not been here long enough to have seen my other post about me joking alot either , Or you missed them when you read the whole thread .

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine
In a case like that '' you will never know '' but what the hell , put one in your truck or graze your foot and say you were fighting over the gun he tried to grab from you .

reply from trip286
Damn you come up with some shady stuff...
I have a vivid imagination and yes I do watch alot of movies , yes I do scratch alot of leos backs I also give free work to our boys who are deployed or are / have served , I give teachers a big break . All of this is a way I show my gratitude for the work they do . A free 250.00 winterization hurts me but when the dude has served 20+ yrs or has been on the force since I was a baby with an outstanding moral reputation in the community , I think they deserve a little respect .
I say alot of things like its not Illegal till you get caught , granted its hard to tell when someone is joking on a internet thread but for future reference just keep that in mind about me .
Did you read the last post I made about our new law here in nc ? It gives home / property owners the benefit of the doubt in a shooting for crimes against us , I have no need to plant evidence or shoot holes in the walls . Planting evidence is the goverments responsibility Dont tell me they dont , I have seen it first hand , multiple times and the perps deserved it .
End of agument , this is a great thread and no need to get off track

Old 12-01-2011, 04:00 PM   #120
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

MobileMarine had a legitimate question about a matter that is of serious concern to all of us. When you have but a second or 2 to make a life-or-death decision for both yourself and the presumed threat, it would be much better to have thought through the potential responses long before the SHTF, than to do a panic reaction that you'll be sorry for as long as you live. But to perceive that your life or the life of someone you are responsible for is in danger is by law and by any concept of right, justification for using deadly force to end the threat. My lowly opinion is that if the intruder is physically strong enough to break into your house, or to threaten you when you are out, his age is not the determining factor. Also, if you decide it is necessary to shoot someone to defend your life, you should shoot to shut down the BG. Don't fire any warning shot. Don't draw your gun and make threats to him. Don't shoot to wound him. Any of the three actions can land you in jail or get you killed if he uses his weapon first. And then be very careful about what you say to LE after it is done.