You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

When and where to shoot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2011, 07:01 AM   #91
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6580 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraywc View Post
As the saying that some have on their signature says, "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6." In TN you can use leathal force if you feel your life or others around you are threatened but not to protect your property outside. If they are in your home they are a threat armed or unarmed if they are inside you don't have to make a distiction.
If they are in my home I will shoot to kill if they come at me with a weapon of any kind tire iron, knife or gun I will shoot to kill regardless of age. I'm past my fighting prime so I won't take the chance, if they will come at you with a weapon they will kill.
I'm a big fan fan of Texas' laws regarding property. You can defend all of your property (wether it is inside your home or out on the lawn). This is a law that all states should have. Are there any other states that have thos law?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
They have fairly recently had a home invasion shooting in memphis area where the home owner was injured, intruder was killed. Don't think the home owner even got any sideways looks from LE.

I've mentioned it before, there have also been 2 different cases in memphis of homes being defended with freaking swords to great effect, both intruders killed.

Can't help but smile when I think about that.
Swords, and arrows. I don't know about the rest of you, but I think I would rather be shot by a gun than attacked with either one of these.

My mom has a hoyt bow and she used to have it as her primary home defence weapon. (Shes better with a bow than a gun). If anyone had ever broke into the house, they wouldn't had been there long.

Old 11-28-2011, 02:14 PM   #92
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9219 Times on 5061 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

Swords, and arrows. I don't know about the rest of you, but I think I would rather be shot by a gun than attacked with either one of these.
Ain't that the truth. One if those guys got a mid forearm amputation and slashed across the chest, bled to death. The other guy I think was just run through.

I'm going to get a sword I think.

I'll try to find some links.

Old 11-28-2011, 02:27 PM   #93

Quote:
Ain't that the truth. One if those guys got a mid forearm amputation and slashed across the chest, bled to death. The other guy I think was just run through.

I'm going to get a sword I think.

I'll try to find some links.
Civil war sword are pretty good. (at least the origionals were) I don't know how good the reproductions are since they are mostly made for wall art. A Katana is another good one. They still make many of those to use but they are a little pricy.

Either way, It will scare the crap (maybe literally) out of the bad guys.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:18 PM   #94
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3845 Times on 2112 Posts
Likes Given: 1140

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaLawman View Post
When I was a kid here in Arizona....(Did I really just type that?)

You NEVER disrespected a woman. If you did, her husband was very likely to lay an ass whuppin' on you that you'd never forget. When (IF) police showed up....shame on you for being a disrespectful turd...and that was pretty much the end of it.

If you called another man a liar...you were similarly very likely to get punched in the mouth.

Tucson was a very polite and nice town to grow up in. It was definitely NOT the liberal center of cosmic wierdness that is has become. People who lived here were FROM here...not the New York and Commiefornia transplants who seemed to re-make Tucson into their own image of what THEY thought it should be.

It was, in some ways, still the "wild west". That's one BIG reason why I no longer live in Tucson, and have moved to a small, old fashioned town. People around here still call ladies "ma'am" and hold doors, and everyone seems to know everyone, and I like it that way.

This is the kind of town where if you see a woman getting treated badly...a man WILL step in to help. It's not tolerated. There are a LOT of old line ranching and farming families here who still hold onto the old ways. I like it.

Back around Christmas of 1975...my grandfather owned a Chevron service station (mechanics, and by god real full service gas pumps) on Campbell Avenue just a bit north of Glenn. One Saturday morning, he opened the station and a pair of miscreants came in, produced a cheap pistol and demanded the money from the safe. Pap pulled out his Smith & Wesson Model 10 pencil barrel, and put three rounds into each of them. Within an hour, he was hosing the blood off the concrete floor, and was open for business again.

The Sheriff of Pima County actually came to the call. It took all of ten minutes to get Pap's statement, and get the bodies onto a meat wagon.

Pap hadn't been the victim of an ATTEMPTED robbery since 1954 when he blew a miscreant away at the pump with that same .38 which I now have in my safe.

Yeah...life WAS a whole lot different back then. And a WHOLE LOT BETTER as far as I am concerned.
I have to agree. Everything is too complicated now. We are water oriented so we live in Havasu but if I werent I would look for a town like you describe.

Old 11-28-2011, 04:32 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Civil war sword are pretty good. (at least the origionals were) I don't know how good the reproductions are since they are mostly made for wall art. A Katana is another good one. They still make many of those to use but they are a little pricy.

Either way, It will scare the crap (maybe literally) out of the bad guys.
I'm thinking something homemade along the lines of a saber or cutlass. Must have D-guard and beefy pommel.

Old 11-28-2011, 05:29 PM   #96

Liked 3963 Times on 2219 Posts
Likes Given: 2619

I look at this topic from a Darwinian perspective.

Most ancient civilizations killed cowards,

thieves, and others with negative traits

and disorders to try to save and strengthen the

good of their race. As the Bible says "the quick and the dead".

IMO, we have been breeding the weak, slow, and

incompetent for many generations, and they have

flourished in modern society.

I may sound awful and merciless, but when you

have to defend your loved ones and home, it's a

really crappy time for reflection or hesitation. So I look at

it as the life I take will inevitably enhance and protect

the positive and good traits in society's gene pool...

Old 11-28-2011, 07:22 PM   #97

Quote:
I'm thinking something homemade along the lines of a saber or cutlass. Must have D-guard and beefy pommel.
Sounds cool. Are you going to make it or have someone else make it? Let us know how it turns out.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:31 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Sounds cool. Are you going to make it or have someone else make it? Let us know how it turns out.
Oh I haven't made any kind of a decision on it for sure.

I am kind of thinking about using a leaf spring though. I could heat it up in the forge and beat the curve out of it I think. From there it would just be a matter of time on a grinding wheel.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:29 PM   #99

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaLawman View Post
Yeah...life WAS a whole lot different back then. And a WHOLE LOT BETTER as far as I am concerned.
You and me both!
"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Old 11-29-2011, 06:26 AM   #100

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default when and where to shoot

Depends on your State. Some have the "castle doctrine" where you can defend yourself if you are in fear of your life or grevious bodily injury...for instance, you are 65 years old. and frail, but your attacker is a 21-year old punk that could kill you with his bare hands, you don't have to run, even in the Wal-Mart parking lot. If you are truely in fear of your life, you have the right to blow the SOB away. Just make sure you tell the Police that you feared for your life, and request an immediant transport to the hospital because you are having "chest pains", and don't give a statement until your lawyer (Yeah, I know, most of them are "Ambulance Chasers) is present and you have talked to them.