When is it ok to shoot? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > When is it ok to shoot?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 08:04 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2605 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Aw, screw that "kill 'em" crap. I'll put them through some real

pain. I'll force them to be a Democrat...

Old 07-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #22

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Aw, screw that "kill 'em" crap. I'll put them through some real

pain. I'll force them to be a Democrat...
I'd rather take the bullet.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:33 PM   #23

Liked 54 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Unfortunatley I live in Ca so if you defend yourself here it is just the luck of the draw on how your local prosecuter feels towards self defense shootings. We have no castle doctrine so you pretty much have to be able to prove your life was in danger to use a firearm to defend yourself. With the economy collapsing the way it is I'm starting to wonder how long it will be till my house is broken into. Folks dont go online and state what you would do or wouldn't do your just incriminating yourselves if something happens. I dont want to hurt anybody I just want people to leave me be.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:40 PM   #24

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

If someone breaks into my home because someone else is after them, a reasonable person should probably be screaming "help me" or something to that effect while breaking the glass.

Beyond that, I could not care less if they are there for a bowl of Cheerios, I will shoot a person I catch in my home against my will or knowledge. The last people that broke in had bacon, eggs, toast and beer while they were also taking my grandfather's ring, my xbox, my hair clippers, fingernail clippers, Ziploc bags, dish detergent, and likely a lot of other things I haven't discovered yet. Maybe they were on hard times. Who gives a ****, so am I. I was hanging onto that xbox specifically so I could sell it if things got rough.

No, if someone breaks in, if they need help, they better let me know very loudly, and extremely clearly. Because if I'm home, or come home in the middle of it, they're taking a dirt nap. I will not ask questions, I WILL NOT issue commands. Use this in court later against me if need be, but I will open fire and will not stop until I run out of ammo.

I've heard people equate getting robbed as being similar emotionally to getting raped. I believe it. NEVER AGAIN.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:53 PM   #25

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

[QUOTE=PrinC;880327]I have learnt that the burden of proof is on the shooter to justify his actions. This doesn't mean that one should be hasty to deploy his firearm and blast an intruder. You may be surprised that someone may land in your living room having fled from the scene of domestic abuse of something. Coming out blazing is not the maturest way to approach an invasion.

I would approach with caution. I would inform the intruder that i am armed and they should show me their hands. based on their response i would then decide whether to apply a more aggressive manner or whether to stand down.[/QUOTE]

That may be true in FL but NC has recently amended the law to shift that burden of proof the the invader, not saying you're wrong, just sayin' in general... Every state is different...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 07-24-2012, 09:17 PM   #26

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Once again well said trip

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 07-24-2012, 09:37 PM   #27

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Tiberius. Penal Code 198.5 states" Any person using force intended or likely to cause death or great bodily injury within his or her residence shall be presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily injury to self, family, or a member of the household when that force is used against another person, not a member of the family or household, who unlawfully and forcibly enters or has unlawfully and forcibly entered the residence and the person using the force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry occurred. As used in this section, great bodily injury means a significant or substantial physical injury."
I'd say that counts as a castle doctrine. Precedent has set it doesn't apply to ambushing them and the like.

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 07-25-2012, 12:48 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
Tiberius. Penal Code 198.5 states" Any person using force intended or likely to cause death or great bodily injury within his or her residence shall be presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily injury to self, family, or a member of the household when that force is used against another person, not a member of the family or household, who unlawfully and forcibly enters or has unlawfully and forcibly entered the residence and the person using the force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry occurred. As used in this section, great bodily injury means a significant or substantial physical injury."
I'd say that counts as a castle doctrine. Precedent has set it doesn't apply to ambushing them and the like.
Thats some good information there. Thank you. I did not know about that penal code. Crime is starting to get worse around here because now the state of CA has been ordered by the supreme court to release 40 percent of its prison population because of overcrowding so in other words we are getting to the point where we cant afford to lock them up anymore. I bought a German shepard to help watch the house. I think dogs and guns go together like salt and pepper. Days of the wild west are coming back.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:54 AM   #29

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius10721

Thats some good information there. Thank you. I did not know about that penal code. Crime is starting to get worse around here because now the state of CA has been ordered by the supreme court to release 40 percent of its prison population because of overcrowding so in other words we are getting to the point where we cant afford to lock them up anymore. I bought a German shepard to help watch the house. I think dogs and guns go together like salt and pepper. Days of the wild west are coming back.
Yep. The wikipedia page on castle doctrine covers the changes through court rulings. The crap in Cali is why I moved...

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 07-25-2012, 01:13 AM   #30

I refuse to move. Over the past 3 years I have convinced many of my friends to take up shooting and now they are all hooked. I know enough shooters now I think we could form a well regulated militia if we wanted to. We definatley have the firepower and ammo for it.