Originally Posted by pagj17
Wrong! You shoot not to kill, wound, or scare, but instead to STOP THE THREAT. While that may mean death it also may not.
I have to partially disagree. With the way the laws are in my state you draw your sidearm you shoot to kill.
1) you cannot draw a firearm unless it is to save a life
2) you meet deadly force with deadly force
3) you make sure the bg doesn't get the chance to tell his side of the story
4) it is almost a guarantee you will be going to jail even if it is a justified shooting
5) the bg's family is going to sue you and you don't need medical bills added to your problems
That said not all states are like ma,ny or Florida.