When is the next time Obama announces his GC package - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > When is the next time Obama announces his GC package

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 05:15 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 401 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 804

Dont recall who said this: " Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword never ran up against automatic weapons". I think it was during wartime but cant remember for sure.

Keep your powder dry boys.
Things are gonna get rough.

Old 02-22-2013, 05:26 AM   #22
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21988 Times on 12398 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
Dont recall who said this: " Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword never ran up against automatic weapons". I think it was during wartime but cant remember for sure.
IIRC, i think it was General McAuthur. not 100% sure on this.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6341 Times on 3545 Posts
Likes Given: 5921

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
Nixon also wanted to take away all guns from the citizens of the U.S. and don't forget that bush Jr. said he would sign a new AWB if it came to his desk
I recall Nixon being criticized by the left for telling his people in congress to "clear it with the gun people" before advancing bills.

Bush jr, did say publicly that he would sign the AWB if reached his desk.

But a lot of D.C. insiders say that he immediately told his congressional leaders to make damn sure it never reached his desk.

Neither Nixon nor Bush jr, issued anti 2A executive orders.

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz

Old 02-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Sorry guys. The current record for running a thread off the rails is 1 page. Y'all were close though.

To the OP: The Executive orders have already been signed. There's a list of them and a discussion around here somewhere. Incidentally, executive orders are a method for pushing money around to enforce existing law.

The rest of Biden's gun control efforts have been delegated to committee. New bills proposed include the new AWB, magazine limits and a new requirement for background checks on private firearm purchases. The first two have little support even among dems and the last has bi-partisan. My early call is that new federal legislation will be background checks and nothing more. State's are another issue. Many are proposing their own laws.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-22-2013, 07:04 PM   #25

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
C'mon, flynt. you gonna defend this kid because he's a conspiracy nut????
Yup Mr. Troll that like to barge in to other threads and talk crap, thats me a conspiracy nut. You think that because I am new to this forum that I am a child and thats fine. you go right ahead and believe whatever you want. You can also just complain all you want about my spelling and my grammer cause you don't like what I say or for whatever other reason trolls say what trolls say. The fact is is Flynt knows you're being a troll and on top of it all you are coming out and saying that you are the top troll with power. We all know what that means, you are a Super Troll (I think this pic show a good likeness of you Locutus)

supertroll.jpg.

Why Would I Be Paranoid, I'm the One With The Gun.

"Just a man and his jug settling an old fued"
-Me-

Old 02-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #26

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

OK, there are no trolls here IMO (but Vector, you're getting very silly).

I will say I am not a conspiracy theorist but not as "optimistic" as Locutus there. The firewalls of the Constitution have been breached. We won that the 2nd Amendment really meant "the People" by one vote. The Supreme Court ruled something the Administration claimed was not a tax was and Americans are being forced to buy something run by the federal gov't -- nationalized healthcare. The court also ruled Hussein Obama's clearly illegal recess appointments were unconstitutional but they sit making promulgations despite court order.

A national crash is inevitable and is intentional, orchestrated by enemies foreign and domestic. Not a conspiracy. This is not in secret -- we voted for them!

Old 02-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

The tree of liberty must be refreshed with the blood of patriots and tyrants from time to time.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:11 PM   #28

Liked 2050 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Civil war? You want to watch the command structure of our armed forces break down in about 30 minutes? That's what would happen if this President ever instructed the military to fire on American citizens, especially over a constitutional issue.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:11 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

Vector - You got flustered for a response and the grammar was bad enough it made it hard to read.

Locutus - No need to go after another persons beliefs or theories (even far fetched ones).

I believe these are trying times when all gun owners must stand together. We are dealing with a evil that was elected by idiots who are part if the entitlement generation. As long as the King keeps giving handouts, there will be people who believe any garbage he spews. I don't think it will come to Civil War but I think the anti-gunners are going to push it further than it has before.

The important thing is for all gun owners to stick together. If we don't, the anti-gunners will succeed in their plan to divide and conquer.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Last edited by Squawk; 02-22-2013 at 07:14 PM.
locutus Likes This 
Old 02-22-2013, 07:19 PM   #30

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
(but Vector, you're getting very silly).
Absolutly!! You have to get silly when these are the same people thatwant you stand up and fight for their freedom. I will stand up and fight for my freedom regardless. I am not going to tell the founding fathers that had to draft the Constitution 20+ times before they could get all the incorrectly spelled words and bad grammer out of there that they were wrong for coming up with such a document. It could have been i jiberish but as long as the point was still there then so be it. He is still a well established Super Troll and I stand by the pic of him that I found when I did a search on google with his name.

Why Would I Be Paranoid, I'm the One With The Gun.

"Just a man and his jug settling an old fued"
-Me-

Closed Thread