When is the next time Obama announces his GC package
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > When is the next time Obama announces his GC package

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default When is the next time Obama announces his GC package

to the rest of the counrty? I was listening to a Sen from KY today and he is saying that BO is going to sign Executive Actions for his plan if he does not get what he wants and we do not need a King in this country.

Why Would I Be Paranoid, I'm the One With The Gun.

"Just a man and his jug settling an old fued"
-Me-

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-21-2013, 10:33 PM   #2

Liked 367 Times on 234 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector16 View Post
to the rest of the counrty? I was listening to a Sen from KY today and he is saying that BO is going to sign Executive Actions for his plan if he does not get what he wants and we do not need a King in this country.
He can sign anything he wants... A pen and a rifle are 2 different things

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...
People Like This 
Old 02-21-2013, 10:40 PM   #3

Liked 210 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 293

I don't see him doing that at this point. Not to say he won't, but he had a chance to do that already and harry Reid had to tell him it would be illegal and unconstitutional for him to do that. He will wait for the chance to stand on the graves of children again, then he may try. Lets hope that doesn't happen, and lets do what we can to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell View Post
I don't see him doing that at this point. Not to say he won't, but he had a chance to do that already and harry Reid had to tell him it would be illegal and unconstitutional for him to do that. He will wait for the chance to stand on the graves of children again, then he may try. Lets hope that doesn't happen, and lets do what we can to make sure it doesn't happen again.
Casey your post actually made me start thinking about this from a whole other view. They have been pretty quiet but states like Colorado want to sign these new bills in office. Many are predicting civil war. I think eventually there will be a rebellion, but maybe not a violent type. Civil disobedience maybe?

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

Old 02-21-2013, 10:44 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6624 Times on 3690 Posts
Likes Given: 6299

For the hundredth time: He can't legislate by edict. He's not the king!!
People Like This 
Old 02-21-2013, 11:02 PM   #6

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Yeah, we know that. Why don't you go tell him?
Old 02-21-2013, 11:07 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1060 Times on 650 Posts
Likes Given: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus
Perhaps the question should be whether he has the support to be king...or a reasonable equivalent.
It seems history supports augmented terms in crises, and executive order can be a key for states to adopt.
Just saying...our "front door" defenses may be inadequate for a "back door" assault on our rights.

IMO...the cause for respect of the 2nd is too fractured. Yes, the NRA has our backs, but there is danger in a de-facto spokesman/negotiator. They cannot drive the charge alone. Their best assistance would be in support of nationally elected leader and I have not seen that person.

Living in TX, I have seen this leadership here and am aware that much will have to change before such would be enforced within our borders. We just need more states to confirm position.

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

Old 02-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruggieTex View Post
Perhaps the question should be whether he has the support to be king...or a reasonable equivalent.
It seems history supports augmented terms in crises, and executive order can be a key for states to adopt.
Just saying...our "front door" defenses may be inadequate for a "back door" assault on our rights.

IMO...the cause for respect of the 2nd is too fractured. Yes, the NRA has our backs, but there is danger in a de-facto spokesman/negotiator. They cannot drive the charge alone. Their best assistance would be in support of nationally elected leader and I have not seen that person.

Living in TX, I have seen this leadership here and am aware that much will have to change before such would be enforced within our borders. We just need more states to confirm position.

Tex, if he were foolish enough to try (and he won't, he's not stupid) no one, not even NY or Mass would let him get away with it. Even lefties don't want a king

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz
V
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Winston Churchill

Old 02-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #9

The point here is that they have an agenda and they will not stop till they get what they want. The government is like a kid in a candy shop, they want it all. Even grandpa's bolt action.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:14 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx View Post
The point here is that they have an agenda and they will not stop till they get what they want. The government is like a kid in a candy shop, they want it all. Even grandpa's bolt action.
FDR wanted our guns. Truman did. Johnson did. "Cahta" did. Klinton did. Bush the Elder did.

And the scumbag moose-limb won't have any more success than they did.

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz
V
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Winston Churchill

People Like This 
Closed Thread