Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   When is the next time Obama announces his GC package (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/when-next-time-obama-announces-his-gc-package-84793/)

vector16 02-21-2013 09:30 PM

When is the next time Obama announces his GC package

to the rest of the counrty? I was listening to a Sen from KY today and he is saying that BO is going to sign Executive Actions for his plan if he does not get what he wants and we do not need a King in this country.

molonlabexx 02-21-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vector16 (Post 1147561)
to the rest of the counrty? I was listening to a Sen from KY today and he is saying that BO is going to sign Executive Actions for his plan if he does not get what he wants and we do not need a King in this country.

He can sign anything he wants... A pen and a rifle are 2 different things

CaseyChadwell 02-21-2013 09:40 PM

I don't see him doing that at this point. Not to say he won't, but he had a chance to do that already and harry Reid had to tell him it would be illegal and unconstitutional for him to do that. He will wait for the chance to stand on the graves of children again, then he may try. Lets hope that doesn't happen, and lets do what we can to make sure it doesn't happen again.

molonlabexx 02-21-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell (Post 1147575)
I don't see him doing that at this point. Not to say he won't, but he had a chance to do that already and harry Reid had to tell him it would be illegal and unconstitutional for him to do that. He will wait for the chance to stand on the graves of children again, then he may try. Lets hope that doesn't happen, and lets do what we can to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Casey your post actually made me start thinking about this from a whole other view. They have been pretty quiet but states like Colorado want to sign these new bills in office. Many are predicting civil war. I think eventually there will be a rebellion, but maybe not a violent type. Civil disobedience maybe?

locutus 02-21-2013 09:44 PM

For the hundredth time: He can't legislate by edict. He's not the king!!

trip286 02-21-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus (Post 1147582)

Yeah, we know that. Why don't you go tell him?

TruggieTex 02-21-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus

Perhaps the question should be whether he has the support to be king...or a reasonable equivalent.
It seems history supports augmented terms in crises, and executive order can be a key for states to adopt.
Just saying...our "front door" defenses may be inadequate for a "back door" assault on our rights.

IMO...the cause for respect of the 2nd is too fractured. Yes, the NRA has our backs, but there is danger in a de-facto spokesman/negotiator. They cannot drive the charge alone. Their best assistance would be in support of nationally elected leader and I have not seen that person.

Living in TX, I have seen this leadership here and am aware that much will have to change before such would be enforced within our borders. We just need more states to confirm position.

locutus 02-21-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TruggieTex (Post 1147624)
Perhaps the question should be whether he has the support to be king...or a reasonable equivalent.
It seems history supports augmented terms in crises, and executive order can be a key for states to adopt.
Just saying...our "front door" defenses may be inadequate for a "back door" assault on our rights.

IMO...the cause for respect of the 2nd is too fractured. Yes, the NRA has our backs, but there is danger in a de-facto spokesman/negotiator. They cannot drive the charge alone. Their best assistance would be in support of nationally elected leader and I have not seen that person.

Living in TX, I have seen this leadership here and am aware that much will have to change before such would be enforced within our borders. We just need more states to confirm position.

Tex, if he were foolish enough to try (and he won't, he's not stupid) no one, not even NY or Mass would let him get away with it. Even lefties don't want a king

molonlabexx 02-21-2013 10:11 PM

The point here is that they have an agenda and they will not stop till they get what they want. The government is like a kid in a candy shop, they want it all. Even grandpa's bolt action.

locutus 02-21-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molonlabexx (Post 1147630)
The point here is that they have an agenda and they will not stop till they get what they want. The government is like a kid in a candy shop, they want it all. Even grandpa's bolt action.

FDR wanted our guns. Truman did. Johnson did. "Cahta" did. Klinton did. Bush the Elder did.

And the scumbag moose-limb won't have any more success than they did.