When THE MAN comes? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > When THE MAN comes?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 05:50 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3737 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
No, they are not! Try applying for a pistol permit in any of the other NY cities or some of the more populated counties and see what it is like. NYS is not a shall issue state and every municipality has it's own guidelines, usually at the discretion of the local Sheriff's department or State Police.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .22hustler View Post
Depending on what county you live in, CCW permits are easy to get.It took my wife 10 days from purchase to carrying her Bersa, and it took my son 3 weeks. I suggest you live in NYS before you say something like this.
Did you miss the underlined part or not understand it? Rural NYS it is not much different than any other rural area throughout the US, but try getting a permit in one of NY's cities, or it more urban counties and NO, permits are NOT easy to get.

Take Rockland County, NY for example - you want to know what the guidelines are for getting a pistol permit there are?

1. Purchase a handgun
2. Take receipt of said purchased hand gun and deliver it to the County Sheriff's office
3. Upon submitting the receipt you are also required to submit an application for a permit, permit fee and DNA
4. The permit application, fee and DNA must be accompanied by 3 character references

Upon receipt of all that the Sheriff's Office will then process the application. In the summer of 2008 that process was estimated at 10-12 months. Upon completion of the application process the sheriff may, or may not, issue a permit.

If a permit was issued - it allowed you to take possession of the pistol, transport it in a lockable case, in a lockable compartment of your vehicle, to and from the range.

If a permit was not issued - you just purchased a pistol that you can NEVER take possession of.

the Sheriff's office DID NOT issue concealed carry permits for anyone other than Armored Security or if you happen to be politically connected.

and in case you were not aware the NYS Police have a mandate to take possession of, register/catalog and ballistic fingerprint, every single firearm in NYS. What has prevented the NYSP from doing so has been a lack of funding by the NYS Legislature. I wouldn't assume that the lacks gun polcies in your rural area are the norm for NYS as a whole. Try living in one of it's cities or more populated coutnies before making statements like that

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 05-14-2012, 05:55 AM   #42
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
They enforce anti 2nd laws every hour of every day in America. How many times will a police officer say Oh, no permit for that concealed 1911 Colt. Thats OK or gun laws are Anti 2nd, have a nice day. If you think they would not knock on your door? Please read about Randy Weaver in Idaho?
Durango, i am not naive enough to believe there are not some LEO's who do commit injustices and disregard the rights of the citizens, but you can't lump all of them into the same group and think all are corrupt and evil. i know several that are very good people with good hearts and the best of intentions. i fully believe the good out number the the few bad ones.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:32 AM   #43

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I didn't say that they were bad. I said they will enforce the law. They like good soldiers will not question the law. If you think a sworn officer will not knock on your door if sent do so? Well?

Old 05-14-2012, 07:24 AM   #44

Liked 72 Times on 42 Posts

I hope I can read the signs and disappear before they get to me, other wise, sorry officer I lost my firearms in that tornado we had in ( insert date here) you might try looking in the surrounding states for them, that was a huge twister.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:35 AM   #45

Liked 2745 Times on 1233 Posts
Likes Given: 2645

The issue is not with the police officers like Robo it is with the police officers who aren't like Robo. Much like the problem wasn't with the "good" Germans but rather with the ones like Hitler. Unless the good ones are willing to stop the bad ones the good ones are irrelevant. Our government and LE murdered 100 people at Waco because they said the Branch Davidians had a full auto gun. Then justified it by saying they were religious nuts. Religious nuts, really, you mean like the kind that cut peoples heads off or stone a woman to death for being raped. You know the kind of religion that we are supposed to be tolerant of. So, will LE or the government come and kill you to take your weapons? Absolutely.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:35 PM   #46

Liked 406 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 4

The most likely scenerio would be back door, against ammo and essential reloading supplies. We've already seen shortages in popular SD ammo. And if powder or primers went away, everything else becomes so much junk metal, and polymer. All this could be done without any violent confrontation. And regardless of how much we have stashed, "The Man" has more. Evidence? The story a few weeks back about Homeland Security ordering 450 MILLION rounds of .40 S&W.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:31 PM   #47

Liked 248 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 163

I like the idea of not having every firearm in one spot. The ultimate goal is to survive all of this mess and set things on the right track. I've thought of the role of the martyr and making a statement but wouldn't it be better to live another day and wage a war on these people? After all they will continue the tyranny if allowed to do so. Something that's extrememly hard for military or LEO to control and combat is gorilla warfare. Strike often and in numerous places. Become that thorn in their side that festers and disables them. All the while looking meek and helpless in public. There aint any rules in this type of situation and honor goes out the window when it comes to the future of our freedom. Fight as dirty as you can and live to see another day.

Oh did I just say that. I retract all of my statements.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:24 PM   #48
AZL

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
The issue is not with the police officers like Robo it is with the police officers who aren't like Robo. Much like the problem wasn't with the "good" Germans but rather with the ones like Hitler. Unless the good ones are willing to stop the bad ones the good ones are irrelevant. Our government and LE murdered 100 people at Waco because they said the Branch Davidians had a full auto gun. Then justified it by saying they were religious nuts. Religious nuts, really, you mean like the kind that cut peoples heads off or stone a woman to death for being raped. You know the kind of religion that we are supposed to be tolerant of. So, will LE or the government come and kill you to take your weapons? Absolutely.
The FEDERAL GOVERNMENT and FEDERAL LE did that. If you will remember, and not lump LOCAL LE in with the FedGod, it will be an accurate statement. The County Sheriff would have got the situation under control, had the feds not trampled his jurisdiction (as they always do) as the CLEO in that county.

Now invoke Randy Weaver...again...the FBI (who we call Fumbling Bumbling Idiots) and Janet ****ing Reno committed what local cops would call...oh yeah...MURDER. A woman died for carrying an "assault baby". In fact, there in an ACTIVE WARRANT for murder for the agent who killed Weaver's wife. Little known fact. If the county authorities, who knew Weaver, had been given time to do their jobs, the whole thing would have ended without blood shed. The Sheriff was constantly fighting with the FEEBS to let him handle it, and he would have been able to get it done.

Here's the secret...good cops dislike the feds. Local cops are just that...local people with an investment in their communities.

Surprize me...hose out your mangina, quit whining and actually DO something.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #49
AZL

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
They enforce anti 2nd laws every hour of every day in America. How many times will a police officer say Oh, no permit for that concealed 1911 Colt. Thats OK or gun laws are Anti 2nd, have a nice day. If you think they would not knock on your door? Please read about Randy Weaver in Idaho?
Please read facts...those were FEDERAL authorities. If you will remember. Janet ****ing Reno, and the FEEBS. The county sheriff was well on his way to getting things under control there until the FEEBS trampled on his jurisdiction. NO, and repeat NO local law enforcement officers took part in that raid. After it was all said and done...the Fed Shooter has AN ACTIVE WARRANT for murder in Idaho.

NO local law enforcement officers were part of the case against Weaver for cutting down those shotguns. It was all FEDERAL authorities.

If you want to blame...go ahead, but put it where it belongs.

Surprize me...hose out your mangina, quit whining and actually DO something.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:44 PM   #50

Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
I had a bunch of guns but lost them when the FTF cruise ship sank.

Why I let DodgerBlue talk me into bringing every gun I owned on the cruise is beyond me! Vanity is a b1tch!

If I'm not mistaken, several FTF members lost all their guns on that fateful three hour cruise.
Sad but true, they all will be missed.

Then we can wait for Eric Holder to restock all of us "Fast and Furious style".

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.