When THE MAN comes? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > When THE MAN comes?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 03:41 AM   #31
AZL
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
First off, LE in common sense areas understand that gun bans are unconstitutional. LE in many parts of Louisiana (especially New Orleans) are corrupt. Understanding the Constituition and Bill of Rights is not necessary to be a Louisiana peace officer.

Second, disarming urban dwellers (especially NYC with its turn of the century immigrant population) is far easier than disarming rural dwellers, southerners and westerners. The "man" knows full well the consequences of a blanket ban across the country. There are far more determined gun owners than there are Peace Officers. We understand the odds AND the Constitution. Aint happenin' on my watch.
Amen...and amen.

The thing that people have to realize is that the vast majority of officers are citizens first. If you talk to the cop on the street, not the political appointee, and ass kisser who is close enough to the "service at the pleasure of the cheif or the city council or whatever"...he or she is going to be a pretty strong 2A person. The political appointee or desk pilot with eyes on a deputy chief position is going to give lip service to the platform of the mayor, council, or chief.

Granted...here in AZ, any time someone brings up gun control (Tucson and Raoul The Chipmunk Grijalva notwithstanding)...they tend to find themselves out of office. Grijalva is a pimp for the illegals anyway, and they are his constituency.

Even the rest of the libtard mob will pay lip service to gun control any time there is an incident in the news...but they don't DO anything about it.

The feet on the beat will be the last ones to obey an order as blatantly stupid as that. As I have said before...cops have authority because they are GIVEN that authority by the people as a whole.

Surprize me...hose out your mangina, quit whining and actually DO something.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:17 AM   #32

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8wapiti
When that day arrives my hope is that i'm able to make a huge statement, to make others stand their ground against tyranny! And if I live thru the first assault I'm able to regroup and take the fight to them who have destroyed our lives, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. I have no doubt about being on a "list" or the fact that someday they will come, its just a matter of being ready when they do. Our world is decaying by the day and we will have to defend our freedom soon, pray that God is on our side in this fight.
Well put I want to be on that list so my fellow brothers can fight the good fight.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:27 AM   #33
AZL

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The only thing I can say here is this:

If that day comes, and I am as yet unconvinced that it will or could. Expect the vast majority of peace officers to stand WITH and not against you.

Surprize me...hose out your mangina, quit whining and actually DO something.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:38 AM   #34

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZL View Post
...Expect the vast majority of peace officers to stand WITH and not against you...
I would like to believe that but I doubt it be true. The peace officers know where their bread is buttered, and probably would not turn against the machine that controls them. Like they say, its a thin blue line.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:47 AM   #35

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-6

I would like to believe that but I doubt it be true. The peace officers know where their bread is buttered, and probably would not turn against the machine that controls them. Like they say, its a thin blue line.
Very then line where most would hope to cross and help fight our 2A but need that paycheck to provide for there family.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:51 AM   #36
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-6 View Post
there might be some who will do as you say, and if this were to happen, then some will follow illegal orders. as i said before, many that i know personally strongly support the 2nd admendment and also support law abiding citizens having CC permits. i feel there is a vast majority who feel the same way as AZL does and will do the right thing when such an illegal order is given, if it ever was. there is large membership in the NRA that are or were LEO. that IMO is a big statement as to where LEO's stand on 2nd admendment rights.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:58 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugers9 View Post
Very then line where most would hope to cross and help fight our 2A but need that paycheck to provide for there family.
i understand where you're coming from and in it's own way does make sense. kind of hard to stand on principal and doing the right thing when your stomach is growling and watching your family go hungry as well. very valid point. but this is where we have to tighten up as community of people who support and defend the 2nd admendment. so if it means helping out our brothers who protect and serve us everyday when things get hard for them, then that's what we need to do. i would feed and help out any LEO that needed help with making the decision to do the right thing. we need to be there for them, just as many are there for us everyday.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:10 AM   #38

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

One might think that some peace officers would break ranks to save their families, as had happen in New Orleans. But like New Orleans, it would be difficult to distinguish the differences of friend and foe.

If one was bugging, one may consider everyone to be foe, other than maybe a close acquaintance. That is unless otherwise proven.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:21 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-6 View Post
One might think that some peace officers would break ranks to save their families, as had happen in New Orleans. But like New Orleans, it would be difficult to distinguish the differences of friend and foe.

If one was bugging, one may consider everyone to be foe, other than maybe a close acquaintance. That is unless otherwise proven.
another thing to consider is that LEO are people too with the same worries and concerns as the rest of us. if everything fell apart tomorrow and chaos ran rampant, would we think less of a LEO for putting his families safety first? i know i wouldn't. when or if it came to a survival of the fittest, then i expect they would act the same as you or i would. i know my families safety would be my first priorty.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:50 AM   #40

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

They enforce anti 2nd laws every hour of every day in America. How many times will a police officer say Oh, no permit for that concealed 1911 Colt. Thats OK or gun laws are Anti 2nd, have a nice day. If you think they would not knock on your door? Please read about Randy Weaver in Idaho?